Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was feeling a bit bored this week. And Barbara was over dressed and didn't have her sexy legs out on display. :argh:

Sure. But not every scene needs to be like that. Why do they have to anyway? We're never gonna see Selina dress like catwoman and never see Nygma as the Riddler, so why do all these references in just the first couple of episodes? To get viewers. I personally dont like that because it seems desperate. Just treat them like Selina and Edward and Pamela. The fans will understand the nod and the general audience will just see them as characters, or they'll figure it out themselves. But i disagree about Selina Kyle as a name. I think the majority know who that is.

Probably fear of doing an AOS. They went overkill to reassure viewers that yes they will see Batmans enemies and their prequel stories.

I'm out. Flash is so much better than this show it's not even funny.

tumblr_mksx4fGGNS1s9k6tpo1_500.gif

I feel that this show is on the bubble as far as my own viewing is concerned. It's not quite holding my interest enough. The main thing has been Barbara's legs, but if they don't appear regularly then I'm out.

I'm not too fond of Oswald Cobblepot's story. Jada Pinkett Smith is also rather boring.

Part snooze, part too on-the-nose. OK at best. The cases of the week hasn't been anything special so far and there isn't a strong overall arc to catch my attention.

Penguin arc is easily the most engaging thing so far.

I just wonder where they are going with the show as a whole, feels kinda directionless at this point. And that's also an inherent problem with the show as a concept, there aren't that many interesting ways to go at this point.

I must also say that the casting is overall really good but that I don't get the praise for Jada Pinkett. She is so one-note in her exuberance.

I can't really see where the show will go either. Sure, Cobblepot will become the Penguin, but no-one will really be caught until Batman comes along, and Bruce Wayne is just too young at the moment. He's not old enough to even be Robin.

Who is the new girl that Fish hired? Is she supposed to be someone from the comics?

Posted this in the BvS forum but I think it will get deleted over there so just going to leave it here. Just speculating on some "clever" little nods to the comics we'll get in future episodes of Gotham.

Gordon: So, you're the new assistant DA?
Dent: Yep, that's me. Sorry I'm late. I was up late last night watching this movie with my girlfriend, The Mirror has Two Faces.

Bullock: So yeah, welcome to my humble abode. Sorry the place is a wreck. But hey, you're lady kicked you out, so you should be grateful. You can crash on the couch. Here's a blanket. My old lady made it for me years ago.
Gordon: Wow. That's one crazy quilt.

Bullock: The victim was killed with one giant blow to the head. One big death stroke.

Bruce: Hi, my name's Bruce Wayne. You're the new kid in school, right? What's your name?
Tommy Elliot: Hush. I'm trying to study.

Posted this in the BvS forum but I think it will get deleted over there so just going to leave it here. Just speculating on some "clever" little nods to the comics we'll get in future episodes of Gotham.

Dent: Yep, that's me. Sorry I'm late. I was up late last night watching this movie with my girlfriend, The Mirror has Two Faces.

Bullock: So yeah, welcome to my humble abode. Sorry the place is a wreck. But hey, you're lady kicked you out, so you should be grateful. You can crash on the couch. Here's a blanket. My old lady made it for me years ago.

Bullock: The victim was killed with one giant blow to the head. One big death stroke.

Bruce: Hi, my name's Bruce Wayne. You're the new kid in school, right? What's your name?

Have you ever considered stand-up comedy?

Haha, you know it. In his first scene, he'll probably be standing in line at an ice cream truck called "Mr. Freese's."

Have you ever considered stand-up comedy?

Actually, yes! It got me a guest spot on an upcoming episode of Gotham where I play a comedian auditioning in Fish Mooney's club. Only have a couple lines though:

Fish: Okay, next! Let's see... Mr. David Prince. Are you some sort of a clown, Mr. Prince?

David: Me? Nope, just a joker.

Fish: Uh huh. Well, let's see what you got.

David: Why so serious, miss? Put on a happy face!

Fish: Give me something to smile about.

David: Just wait'll you get a load of me, haha.

Fish: Ugh. Okay, I've seen enough. You can go. BUT GO WITH A SMILE!

Actually, yes! It got me a guest spot on an upcoming episode of Gotham where I play a comedian auditioning in Fish Mooney's club. Only have a couple lines though:

Fish: Okay, next! Let's see... Mr. David Prince. Are you some sort of a clown, Mr. Prince?

rhony-luann-unimpressed.gif

Each of those have to be followed up with
hGMR5o0.gif

tumblr_n2bp87dofL1rfr7zho3_r2_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"