Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
the more this show focuses on Bruce and Selina and Bruce training to become you know who.......the better.

I echo the sentiment that Season 1 felt all over the place. and I hated what they did to Selina in the last episode.

Yeah what happened with her in the last episode made no sense.

Have they said anything about Montoya or Allen?

Yeah what happened with her in the last episode made no sense.
It would've made less sense to me if there wasn't that two-week jump forward in time. But, I mean, a kid who's been living on the streets, with no parental/mentor figure to look up to and have look after her, suddenly finds someone like that and a woman who can hold her own, at that. And then factor in the two weeks she spent with Fish, eating up all her crazy... yeah, I could see her falling in with her gang like that and being willing to do s*** to earn her approval. I wouldn't have minded a little more internal conflict with the idea of Gordon getting killed, but otherwise...
Have they said anything about Montoya or Allen?

I'm almost 100% sure they're both gone. I'll be shocked if they aren't, after having missed the entire second half of the season.

Ehh I guess I just still didn't care for the direction they went with Selina for that episode. Sawyer curious but what're some of the things you liked about season 1? For me I'd say

Riddler
Bruce and Alfred
Pre Joker-Joker
Bullock and Gordon
Selina (up until the finale)
Scarecrow and his dad
Penguin and all the mob stuff with Falcone and Maroni

I'm trying to remember some other freaks of the week villains we had or pre-rogues that we saw.

Ehh I guess I just still didn't care for the direction they went with Selina for that episode. Sawyer curious but what're some of the things you liked about season 1? For me I'd say

Riddler
Bruce and Alfred
Pre Joker-Joker
Bullock and Gordon
Selina (up until the finale)
Scarecrow and his dad
Penguin and all the mob stuff with Falcone and Maroni

I'm trying to remember some other freaks of the week villains we had or pre-rogues that we saw.
Pretty much all that, minus Falcone and Maroni, which wore thin for me. I liked the Spirit of the Goat episode, with the Bullock flashbacks and the pretty singular storyline. I liked the (admittedly short) amount of time we spent in Arkham. I liked them pushing Barbara aside and giving Jim someone better to play off romantically. I liked diving deeper into Nygma's dark side, rather than him just being the guy who riddles Gordon and Bullock constantly.

There was a lot of stuff I liked in the first season, it was just that the stuff I disliked tended to shine a bit brighter.

Pretty much all that, minus Falcone and Maroni, which wore thin for me. I liked the Spirit of the Goat episode, with the Bullock flashbacks and the pretty singular storyline. I liked the (admittedly short) amount of time we spent in Arkham. I liked them pushing Barbara aside and giving Jim someone better to play off romantically. I liked diving deeper into Nygma's dark side, rather than him just being the guy who riddles Gordon and Bullock constantly.

There was a lot of stuff I liked in the first season, it was just that the stuff I disliked tended to shine a bit brighter.

Wow yes you pretty much summed up exactly how I felt too. Ahh yes the goat episode with Bullock and the flashbacks. I loved that. I hated Barabara on this show and especially what they did with her towards the end. I'm glad they brought in Leslie and that she's gonna be a regular next season.

I just wish they kept things more simplified with some of the arcs they did. They were all over the place. Most stuff I loved was short and sweet arcs, the stuff I disliked was dragged on and on throughout.

I disliked Barbara early on, but I'm into making her crazy. Just so she has something to do that's potentially exciting. Because, honestly, if they had played her straight... what would she have had to offer, really? Other than giving birth to someone who would either be, in 18 or so years, a psychotic killer or one of Bruce's sidekicks?

At least with Leslie, there's a potential connection to Bruce that can be explored, her relationship with Gordon, and her role in the GCPD.

I'm just curious what Chiklis' character will bring to the table.

Yeah I hear you Sawyer on the Barbara stuff. I guess I will see what else they do with her if much more. But sad to say most of the time I only enjoyed her on screen because well, she's pretty damn hot haha. But I dunno what they were doing with her. I remember one episode they were having her like creepily hit on Selina. So awkward.

Why not simply let Chiklis play his old "The Shield' character, they could make it where he relocates from Los Angeles and gets a job with the Gotham police, and brings along his unethical ways. It could have been interesting, for sure.

People can scoff all they want, but hey- Didn’t Richard Belzer play John Munch on about three or four different TV shows?

Last edited:
wonder if he'll have a gf or if he'll be Chick-less

I kind of feel that Chiklis has to be a different kind of "enemy" for Gordon in the future. A regular corrupt cop wouldn't change up the formula at all, but a rogue cop who commits his own vigilante actions to such an extreme that even Gotham's future guardians wouldn't accept him would.

[YT]BFjQtb9ws0Q[/YT]
[yT]THbnfSuAwK0[/YT]

:awesome:

Looking good! :hyper: Was that someone in a cape in the Hungry spot?

Still gotta get used to Bruce's new voice.

Crossing my fingers that the show truly shapes up during it's sophomore year.

Anybody else thinking that Frain might be Ra's. His background says a century old vendetta. He would be a good choice for the role and would chew up the scenery.

I've actually been thinking [blackout]Simon Hurt[/blackout].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"