Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

what's the final season gonna be about, you think?

will we have less of the Narrows/Barbara and her cronies and more dedicated to Bruce?

Only thing we know at the moment is that it'll detail Bruce's transformation into Batman.

And yeah, the less we see of Barbara, the better.

what do you mean?

Based on what Flash525 said about the most likely possible ending to Gotham. Since Smallville gave us a CGI Superman, Welling's head with a BG CGI cape, and the shirt rip which the idea of became stale after the first few seasons, if not after the first; it was overall a mixed reaction because we wanted alot that showed the ten seasons, but didn't happen because of both the old producers, and Welling.

Gotham ending the same way, with no Batman at all, not even for a full final episode to end the show on, is one of the reasons why I wasn't interested in the show, the other being the concept and nature of it.

P.S. Smallville made sense back in the day, and Krypton seems to be a solid show based on what I heard; but Gotham and the proposed maybe cancelled now Metropolis, why bother making a show about an interesting character, BEFORE he was interesting?! Hell, why do one without the person who EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE?! Why do these shows?

:cmad:

And yeah, the less we see of Barbara, the better.

I only heard of Barbara on the show from passing comments. But dang.

I wonder if the Batgirl/Oracle Barbara will show up, and the Barbara on the show becomes the reason for why Gordon will do better with her...?

I'm not overly worked up about how much we get to see Bruce as Batman, at least not in the same way as how ****ing impatient I became with Clark's suit-up moment on Smallville, and I think it's for two reasons:

1. By the time this show is over it'll have been around half as long as Smallville was.
2. Mazouz is still a kid, rather than a ****ing grown man who was, for all intents and purposes, a fully-formed Superman for years, only without the ability to fly or wear the ONE damn costume he should be wearing.

Mazouz is 18, and depending on the episode count, will be 19 in S5. And Batman Beyond was about a kid being Batman at 17. Plus, both Mazouz and Mckenzie are the same height. Suits can have paddled muslces and lifts to make someone bigger. Anything is possible.

I don’t need to see him become Batman honestly.
I’d like to see season 5 show him make some big steps in the direction though.

I think people are expecting this to become a full on batman show for the last season and I’m 99% that they’re gonna be disappointed:funny:

I think people are expecting this to become a full on batman show for the last season and I’m 99% that they’re gonna be disappointed:funny:

You're right.

Skipping the shoe...again :funny:

You know what we can all agree on: why they didn't they just do a Gotham Central show "shrugs"

There would still be some sort of whining if they did a Gotham Central show, let's be honest.

And either way, it's not like this show precludes any sort of Gotham Central adaptation in the future.

I'm not overly worked up about how much we get to see Bruce as Batman, at least not in the same way as how ****ing impatient I became with Clark's suit-up moment on Smallville, and I think it's for two reasons:

1. By the time this show is over it'll have been around half as long as Smallville was.
2. Mazouz is still a kid, rather than a ****ing grown man who was, for all intents and purposes, a fully-formed Superman for years, only without the ability to fly or wear the ONE damn costume he should be wearing.

Also for the most part this show was never just about Bruce Wayne or just one person... It's called Gotham for a reason.

P.S. Smallville made sense back in the day, and Krypton seems to be a solid show based on what I heard; but Gotham and the proposed maybe cancelled now Metropolis, why bother making a show about an interesting character, BEFORE he was interesting?! Hell, why do one without the person who EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE?! Why do these shows?
Cost-effective. World-building. Fleshes out characters related to "interesting" character.

I think Bruce’s journey to becoming Batman is one of the most interesting things about the character.
:shrug:
All the work and experiences it took to become Batman.
There’s been plenty of BATMAN movies and shows and there’s going to be more.
Gotham focuses on a different part of his life and that’s exactly what makes it interesting to me.

Batman’s rogues and supporting characters are just as interesting as he is.
Gotham itself is interesting.
Having a weekly show that explorers these things and gives us characters that we’d likely never see in live action anywhere else.
That’s awesome.
And as a fan of all these characters, I feel lucky :shrug:

Last edited:
tumblr_p8mm3sxq0Z1v08u1wo2_540.jpg

tumblr_p8mm3sxq0Z1v08u1wo1_540.jpg

^^^^ Those two images are so poignant. I like it that the trailer of the Pilot and of 4x22 (which could very well have been series finale) end with Jim "However dark and scary the world might be right now, there will be light" and Bruce's "The world might seem dark" ft. Jim's "But there is light."

[YT]0d1zpt6k5OI[/YT]

[YT]h9Wkpi49hvg[/YT]

I rewatced the pilot's trailer and Bruce's scream is chilling.

That would work for me, with maybe Gordon standing beside the Bat-signal, looking up only to see:

r88s91.gif

Removes any need for a recast or people whining about Mazouz's stature.

New promo for the season finale:

[YT]U8h7epZYaf8[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"