Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Scarface is something I was hoping to see in season 5 :D
That’s gonna be awesome.
Can’t wait!

Will be great to see all those.

I'm glad it got a new season, because the idea of ending the show like this makes every viewer gets sad and feels ripped off. Every show shouldn't have a cliffhanging ending season unless they GET a new season way head of time. Around the time the midseason finale happens. That way the show will feel complete and won't feel unresolved if the bad news hits. Lucifer is suffering because of this, Young Justice was like this for years, and there are more example on this list I cannot think of but you know. Gotham having that would've sucked.

Good news they can complete the story, its just the question on if we can get what the show SHOULD have, what we WANT, and not...umm, idk...insert Smallville and The Last Jedi criticisms here.

Every show shouldn't have a cliffhanging ending season unless they GET a new season way head of time.

The thing is that renewals get made very late in production, so it's near impossible to change the ending of a season. Sometimes the network even encourages crews to work on the following season, only to change their minds. This happened to Young Justice, for example.

The thing is that renewals get made very late in production, so it's near impossible to change the ending of a season. Sometimes the network even encourages crews to work on the following season, only to change their minds. This happened to Young Justice, for example.

But it really needs to change. One of many. No wonder I hate TV.

A show reaching syndication (88 episodes) means it can re-air on other smaller networks. Producers and actors of such shows will get money even if the shows are no longer produced, as long as it airs somewhere. Shows without syndication (less than 88 episodes) will only get revenue from DVDs. That's why TV studios always push for their shows to get to the 88-episode mark, even if they have to produce at a loss (unless they only have 40 episodes and are losing money, then they'll let it die).

Gotham already has 88 episodes after season 4, so WB doesn't really have any incentive to push it past season 4, but 100 is considered a better number for syndication deal (i.e. selling to other networks) so maybe WB will order a half-season so Gotham can get enough 100 episodes.

I believe the most well-known Tom Welling-related problem of Smallville is he refusing to wear the Superman suit (or not portraying the "real" Superman).

sorry for the belated reply. and thanks for the explanation re syndication.

tumblr_p8xe6zktZs1v08u1wo1_540.gif

tumblr_p8xe6zktZs1v08u1wo2_540.gif

tumblr_p8xe6zktZs1v08u1wo3_540.gif

tumblr_p8xe6zktZs1v08u1wo4_540.gif

tumblr_p8xe6zktZs1v08u1wo5_540.gif

I think if anything they need to bring Harvey Dent back and throw some acid in his face before this series is over. The only Rogue villain that hasn't been established very well

Personally, I really hope that they get to use the persona of Batman for the like the final 3 or 5 episodes of next season.

One of the biggest reasons why I want to see Batman appear is namely on how all of the main and supporting cast (both heroes and villains) will react to the arrival of Batman.

they need to kill off half the characters on this show by episode 10 and let the last few focus solely on Bruce/Gordon

Def Ngyma, Lee, Bridget, Barbara and a few others. The last season needs to not have so many convoluted storylines.

they need to kill off half the characters on this show by episode 10 and let the last few focus solely on Bruce/Gordon

Def Ngyma, Lee, Bridget, Barbara and a few others. The last season needs to not have so many convoluted storylines.

They definitely need to focus on Bruce but they don’t need to kill characters to do so :funny:

The Solomon Grundy stuff didn't work overall this season IMO, but I thought the ending of the season was interesting with Gotham being divided up by the different villains, followed by a sneak peek at Manbat and a very different looking Orphan and Mother, they were creepy, and was that Doll on the floor of any signifigance?

Not a fan of Selina substituting for Barbara in the paralyzed storyline from The Killing Joke.

We'll see some new characters in S5:
https://www.cbr.com/gotham-season-5-orphan-scarface-ventriloquist-lady-shiva/

Can't wait for Shiva, Scarface and Ventriloquist!!! :drl::hmr:

The Ventriloquist and Scarface are a perfect fit for the show.

Why? He's the Riddler for a reason.

Plus he's already (currently) dead.

You know there's a way for them to dispose of that plotline without getting rid of him permanently, right?

Given a final season does not equal cancelled.

All these superhero shows and movies are going to go on forever. So if any of these ends it was because it was cancelled. It's not because the showrunners actually want closure.:o

Potato, Potatoe.

We're not given anymore of Gotham. It sucks that it's 13 episodes but I guess it should potentially be 1 overall story arc with no filler.

Oh god, they're gonna push more of Barbara's extreme feminist bullcrap down our throats.

At least I know I can skip her scenes when season 5 comes around.

Your poor fragile masculinity.

The Barbara/female legion stuff doesn’t bother me one bit.
Something like that could very easily be kinda cringy but I think they make it work and it works for her character.
Throughout the show we’ve seen a lot characters with wild ideologies.
I’m not sure why hers is singled out or seen as worse than anything else.

I have to admit though, that the NO MEN sign that they put out made me laugh.
It seemed like a childish clubhouse sort of thing.
No Homers.

Your poor fragile masculinity.

Oh yeah, when you put it like that, of course it's the reason I dislike her storyline. It's not like I'm allowed to think bar the message its trying to convey that the character has become grating, her storyline poorly written or executed which is an understandable subjective criticism. No siree. Clearly it's because I have a fragile ego and am threatened by female superiority (even though I like other female characters on the show). Oh how you read me so well, oh wise one. :o

I have to admit though, that the NO MEN sign that they put out made me laugh.
It seemed like a childish clubhouse sort of thing.
No Homers.

Agreed on that. :funny:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back