The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millar has this one particular fetish for the Hulk: Old man Logan was incest Hulk, Ultimate Hulk is of course a rapist, and he even originally wanted to end Civil War with the arrival of Hulk with an army of alien spawn made from basically a thousand alien concubines.
It's fairly ****ed up.

Pretty much sounds like the Frank Miller fanboy he is. There's a point where he's just writing **** for ****'s sake.

I hear Hulk's stealing the show.
He should be great, although he's also the only of the big four that has had some criticism about his story arc. That makes me extra anxious to see for myself, although I'm sure I'll like it as more voices have been very positive.

Mjölnir;23004741 said:
He should be great, although he's also the only of the big four that has had some criticism about his story arc. That makes me extra anxious to see for myself, although I'm sure I'll like it as more voices have been very positive.

That's not exactly true. There are criticisms about everyone of them, specially about Thor 's arc, from what I've read.

Any one else really dissapointed that Marvel isn't planing any Hulj sequels?

yQXrU.jpg

7w9SU.jpg

tLxhA.jpg

pR7h1.jpg

VxwcH.jpg

Ruffalo was on The Graham Norton Show promoting The Avengers and they played a clip of a scene between Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanoff: link (spoilers obviously)

I think this was the clip played during the New York Comic Con.

Really like the dangerous vibe he is giving off. And the Black Widow looks visibly scared by it.

Ruffalo was on The Graham Norton Show promoting The Avengers and they played a clip of a scene between Bruce Banner and Natasha Romanoff: link (spoilers obviously)

Really like the dangerous vibe he is giving off. And the Black Widow looks visibly scared by it.

Damn; I can see why so many have said (for those who have seen the film) on why Mark comes off as a much better Bruce Banner than previous interpretations just from this one clip alone.

Mark's bruce from what I've seen in that clip definitely comes off as someone/a character with a lot of layers; like others have said, he's like a contradiction, where he's nice and can come off as nice but there's this dark edge factor inside of him; definitely the qualities needed imho for a character like Bruce Banner.

Man, Hulk looks great in this. So much better than TIH. That shiz was bad.

Damn; I can see why so many have said (for those who have seen the film) on why Mark comes off as a much better Bruce Banner than previous interpretations just from this one clip alone.

Mark's bruce from what I've seen in that clip definitely comes off as someone/a character with a lot of layers; like others have said, he's like a contradiction, where he's nice and can come off as nice but there's this dark edge factor inside of him; definitely the qualities needed imho for a character like Bruce Banner.

Spot on, herolee.:up:

Marks performance in that clip was superb.

On a side note; that clip definitely makes more sense of this exchange in looks between the two in the Hellcarrier.

phVlT.jpg

OAaMb.jpg

I just gotta say God I love the look of Black Widow in this film! I hope her and both egos of the Hulk have alot of interaction.

That's not exactly true. There are criticisms about everyone of them, specially about Thor 's arc, from what I've read.
Then I've missed that, as that was the only plot hole-ish thing I've seen suggested. Not that it will matter for me since I don't think I'll see anything wrong with Banner/Hulk, nor with anyone else. Maybe that Hawkeye doesn't have that much screen time but I'm fine as long as the big four are equal.

The only criticism I've seen is Thor's arrival being glossed over, but that would fit more in his introduction not overall arc.

Ruffalo was interveiwed on the Graham Norton show!? **goes off to watch it on iplayer**

love the new tv spot too, Hulk is looking epic in this movie!

It's more like he's masking his Anger instead of suppressing it. Kind of like those guys in Anger management. [BLACKOUT]Banner is internalizing his anger. He's angry an he accepts that he's angry. Then he calms down and movies on. When he wants to go Hulk he probably allows the anger to build to the point to where he just Hulks out.[/BLACKOUT]
[YT]OAZbsQtiKYs[/YT]
[YT]_6O-TJp0NiA[/YT]

Hulk hanging on the side of the jet in the new spot is glorious! :D

Ultimate Hulk wasn't a hero he was jsut a tool to be used.

What about Maestro also killed and threatened to kill people. He was also in a possible future of the main universe that was similar to the Old Man Logan world.
maestroa.GIF

Good point. But as evil as Maestro became he had a method to his madness, eating and raping people were not his MO. His malfunction was due to shrapnel lodged in his head and a world wide nuclear fallout wherein he became drunk off of overdosing on rads, none of which he did to himself, and still he did not attack or kill indiscreetly...though a evil none the less, he did build Dystopia that protected the normal humans. He was a complicated baddie and not the black and white mess that Millar writes.

Last edited:
Man it's been a while since we last saw the Maestro...poor Bugga

Any one else really dissapointed that Marvel isn't planing any Hulj sequels?

Only for Ruffalo. I'd love to see him doing his take of the character in a solo movie, but other than that I'm not that fussed right now. I'm still hoping Del Toro's Hulk tv series comes to fruition. That seems more tantalising overall to me. Though if it were up to me I'd just have them do both.

Still saying that, Feige doesn't seem rock solid on the position of no Hulk films at the moment. Perhaps if he sees there's enough interest from fans and enough critics praise Avengers take on Hulk it could change.

If Ruffalo and Hulk keep getting the plaudits, and Avengers makes a mint at the BO (which it will) expect news of a Hulk film being fast tracked before the end of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"