The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why it's going to be tough to go back to the solo films without Whedon's imprint. It's both a blessing and a curse what was accomplished with this film with him at the helm.

I'm curious to know though, why Feige wouldn't allow Norton to use the emotionally compelling scene where he attempts to shoot himself in TIH ..... and yet he was cool with the reference in The Avengers when Ruffalo says he once tried to put a bullet in his mouth and the other guy spit it out.

I believe it can be done. I love what Whedon did but he's not the Golden child. I don't want Marvel fans to fall into Director worship like alot of DC fans have with Nolan.

As for the Solo movies, when I left the Avengers i realized i wanted to see more or each individual character. That can't be delivered in the Avengers. How many people left the theater saying wow i want to see more of Thor, Hulk, Iornman, or Cap. It actually makes the Solo movies more appealing. There are things that the Avengers can deliver that the Solo movies can't and There are things that the Solo movies can deliver that the Avengers can't deliver.

Solo movies

• Solid focused narrative
  • Individual character development
  • Increased focuses on a single characters action scenes

Avengers

• Delivers Character interacts between Iconic characters.
  • Mash-up of different styles of action sequences.
  • Extremely large and expansive battle sequences

I don't think anyone is arguing against solos.

Which is why it's going to be tough to go back to the solo films without Whedon's imprint. It's both a blessing and a curse what was accomplished with this film with him at the helm.

I'm curious to know though, why Feige wouldn't allow Norton to use the emotionally compelling scene where he attempts to shoot himself in TIH ..... and yet he was cool with the reference in The Avengers when Ruffalo says he once tried to put a bullet in his mouth and the other guy spit it out.

It dragged down the pacing of the movie in The Incredible Hulk. The reference in the avenger isn't really a reference depending on who you are. Most people would assume that banner was depressed and suicidal because of his condition with the Hulk. Even if they would have never shot that deleted scene in TIH it still would make since for banner to say something like that in the Avengers.

Selvig: "We don't have the harness. Our calculations are far from complete. Now she's throwing off interference, radiation. Nothing harmful, low levels of gamma radiation."

Nick Fury: "That can be harmful..."

Looooved it!

I loved how many people got it during the midnight premiere. When I went to my 2nd viewing and Nick said, "That can be harmful...", just dead silence. Movies like this are much more fun when the entire theater is filled with fanboys.

I loved how many people got it during the midnight premiere. When I went to my 2nd viewing and Nick said, "That can be harmful...", just dead silence. Movies like this are much more fun when the entire theater is filled with fanboys.

So true. I got chills when Fury said that. Even the way he delivered the line was fantastic.

Whedon and Ruffalo mentioned that they had to "fight" Marvel (I'm not sure if they mean Feige) for certain things as well e.g. using Ruffalo's features to shape the Hulk. Maybe this was one of those things?

I might well be wrong but I think it was to do with the PG rating? They thought opening the film with a clear suicide attempt (it's not hinted at either, we see Norton putting the gun in his mouth) was pushing it?

looking back on it, even though we never saw his eyes change green, if there was any scene where it would've been perfect it was when he turned back and looked at widow with the fear in his eyes. they should've gone from brown and then flushed green as he finished his transformation, showing that the hulk was now free. just a little desire by my inner fanboy, not a gripe at all.

looking back on it, even though we never saw his eyes change green, if there was any scene where it would've been perfect it was when he turned back and looked at widow with the fear in his eyes. they should've gone from brown and then flushed green as he finished his transformation, showing that the hulk was now free. just a little desire by my inner fanboy, not a gripe at all.

:up:

for me it was sorrow and fear for widow. but a flush of green would've been perfect there.

I agree that would've been great, it didn't even need to be the glowing Norton eyes or Bixby eyes, just the colour they were when he was Hulk, it would've been obvious enough with Ruffalo's eyes being dark brown.

I saw avengers twice, midnight and opening night. while at the midnight showing I noticed when hulk is being shot at by the jet and the hulk roars then jumps onto the jet, I thought I was just hearing things but it sounded very much like he yells "STOP" and his mouth movements matched. So when I went to the opening night, I knew what to look for, the theater room I was in was actually quieter than the midnight and I could hear him yell "STOP" and again his mouth movements fit. its actually the sequence that my avvy is based on.
I know a lot of people will disagree but I'm pretty sure of what I saw, I think someone else here mentioned it as well.

I saw avengers twice, midnight and opening night. while at the midnight showing I noticed when hulk is being shot at by the jet and the hulk roars then jumps onto the jet, I thought I was just hearing things but it sounded very much like he yells "STOP" and his mouth movements matched. So when I went to the opening night, I knew what to look for, the theater room I was in was actually quieter than the midnight and I could hear him yell "STOP" and again his mouth movements fit. its actually the sequence that my avvy is based on.
I know a lot of people will disagree but I'm pretty sure of what I saw, I think someone else here mentioned it as well.

He wouldn't be saying that at that time .... he wasn't in his normal mind state.

I won't argue any points of that. but I don't believe Hulk was under loki's control or anything like that, banner was just being influenced by the staff just like everyone else, and I think the influence was broken after the explosion, by that time it was already too late for bruce. And if even hulk was under any influence I don't see why he wouldn't say stop when the jet was shooting at him....
All I'm saying is, you gotta see it and look for it yourself like I did, I know what I saw and heard. Even my old man and siblings heard it when they went to see it, and they only went once.

Haha, somebody put the scene of
Hulk punching Thor off-camera
on Youtube already. I knew it wasn't gonna take that long.

I won't argue any points of that. but I don't believe Hulk was under loki's control or anything like that, banner was just being influenced by the staff just like everyone else, and I think the influence was broken after the explosion, by that time it was already too late for bruce. And if even hulk was under any influence I don't see why he wouldn't say stop when the jet was shooting at him....
All I'm saying is, you gotta see it and look for it yourself like I did, I know what I saw and heard. Even my old man and siblings heard it when they went to see it, and they only went once.

Being influenced by the staff is virtually the same thing. It was messing with his mind, hence attacking BW and all the other carnage. Thor pleaded with him before their tussled continued and it was obvious. I've seen it twice now and not once did I hear "stop" in any of it. All he's doing is roaring at his attackers. Sometimes we see things we want to see.

Being influenced by the staff is virtually the same thing. It was messing with his mind, hence attacking BW and all the other carnage. Thor pleaded with him before their tussled continued and it was obvious. I've seen it twice now and not once did I hear "stop" in any of it. All he's doing is roaring at his attackers. Sometimes we see things we want to see.

Well I heard and saw it, followed his mouth movements and all both times in a loud IMAX 3D theater and a virtually quiet theater. I'll see this a third time just to see if I'm imagining things, but as far as I'm concerned I know what I saw and heard.

I posted this a wile back too. I heard it. It's definitely stop! and then it follows with a roarbut the roar is very different so what come before is his voice. I caught it too the second time. Also in the hat of the moment you can't take it all in but as pointed by someone else on this board Hulk also says Hulk smash! after he gets the order from cap. Right before he jumps from building to building you can clearly hear smash! and in the same voice as the stop!

I'm glad someone else caught it too. I thought I was the only one.

He definitely needs a permanent position with a title of some sort under Feige at MS. Maybe someone needs to start a petition, lol.

If Nolan is acting as "godfather" to DC's upcoming film slate - executive producing whatever Batman series follows is, as well as Man of Steel - I would definitely like to see Joss Whedon take on a similar role for Marvel. Marvel and DC's cinematic futures would be looking pretty rosey with Whedon and Nolan steering their respective ships.

I loved The Hulk in this movie, and it really opened my eyes to the potential of the character, but I've never been a big fan of the Hulk in comics. I've felt his history has been a bit awkward and stunted in places, and like Wonder Woman in DC it seems to many writers have wanted to hit the "reset" button and just do their own thing with the character at the start of their runs, making his mythology quite hard to get into. Jason Aaron's current run on The Incredible Hulk is the first Hulk comic I've got into reading monthly, and I'm quite enjoying it.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good Hulk comics to check out? Peter David is considered the ultimate Hulk writer by many, but I'd probably prefer to try something a bit more recent. I hear good things about Greg Pak's run, but Planet Hulk seems a bit out-there.

Planet Hulk is actually really good. Pak's best work with the character. World War Hulk was ok, but for me it made Hulk into a bit of a mary sue. Although i liked the characterisation of Hulk himself and his motivation.

It seems that the most acclaimed stuff with Hulk in the comics actually goes against the popular interpretation of the character in other media. Whether it be Hulk with all the intelligence of Bruce Banner, or Grey Hulk, or planet-conquering warrior Hulk, or the current "Hulk as a seperate person from Bruce Banner", or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"