Spider-Man The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - - - - Part 13

Totally agree, when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled and Raimi left, I was devastated. I tried to remain positive throughout the ‘Amazing’ movies, but it just wasn’t the same. No Spidey movie has been able to emulate how epic and amazing Spider-Man is since IMO. Hopefully Far From Home is great.

The sheer love & attention to detail that Raimi brought to all 3 films stands out for me in the same way Nolan brought it to the TDK trilogy. Their investment in their energy is played out across all six films.

Those films were lightning in a bottle for sure.

Raimi: The Spider-Man Trilogy
Nolan: The Dark Knight Trilogy

These are the gold standard for me. They can shove as much connected universe stuff down my throat as they want... but they can't recapture the magic of these six films.

I also love - Burton: The Batman Duology. :woot:

These are the gold standard for me. They can shove as much connected universe stuff down my throat as they want... but they can't recapture the magic of these six films.

Burton Batman movies for life. Both are so amazing, they just feel so Batman. And of course Catwoman is so great in Returns.

One thing Raimi's movies have over most superhero franchises (or even most franchises maybe) is consistency with the cast, crew, and music etc.

Sadly, even if it was for the better, it sucks when watching movie series like Batman Begins and Iron Man when a character is recast in the next one. I love Cheadle more than Howard for sure, but it is kind of an awkward jump. It is hard to imagine a trilogy video tribute or a tribute poster knowing that a character was played by someone different. It makes their development a bit odd too. I feel like Rhodes is a completely different character than he was in Iron Man 1.

Raimi's series thankfully had no recasts, or at least none that were BIG. They almost lost Tobey for Spider-Man 2 and that would have been unfortunate, maybe even have broken the series. It is nice that not even MJ or Harry were recast, or Aunt May. I cannot imagine any of the movies without one of those actors or someone else playing the role.

Raimi's also has a consistent musical score. The same theme stayed. The only other big superhero franchise to do this is Nolan's Batman and now Avengers. Iron Man, X-Men, Thor, Captain America etc have all had different (but in my opinion, all great) themes in their movies. Civil War kept some of the Winter Soldier stuff but the Captain America theme didn't really come back, and of course both sequels were completely different than the first movie's soundtrack (aside from the theme showing up in Winter Soldier for a bit)

X-Men movies have all had fantastic scores, but John Ottman's X2 theme coming back in Days of Future Past and Apocalypse is the most consistency they have had.

Elfman's theme is very prominent in ALL three Spider-Man films, even if he didn't come back for the third, and I love that it is so prominent. The main titles in each movie really help tie them together, much like the way Star Wars has with their movies.

Again, consistency. It feels truly like they all fit together. Same director, same cast, mostly the same crew, same look, same poster designs, same costume designer etc. Only the Raimi Spider-Man trilogy and the Nolan Batman trilogy have this effect with me.

Elfman, has in my view, disappeared up his own backside in recent years and I've lost a lot of the respect I held for him but his main theme for Spider-Man is amongst his best work and the genre's. The build & span of the theme is so majestic and it screams Spider-Man in the way his Batman theme did for that character.

Spider-Man will likely remain my favourite superhero trilogy, in part because of its consistency. Only Raimi and Nolan made it, and director-led franchises are pretty dead now.

I don't think any of the trilogy is nearly flawless, but they are still very easy to sit through and enjoy.
I wonder how Sam would have handled Flash Thompson had he used him more.

@AVEITWITHJAMON I think you might want your avatar animated again.
ezgif-5-1cff08a83f.gif

I don't think any of the trilogy is nearly flawless, but they are still very easy to sit through and enjoy.

@AVEITWITHJAMON I think you might want your avatar animated again.
View attachment 9923

Cool thanks I will get to it. Have been thinking about changing it though so will have a think

I think Flash's friend who made the "Or his father will fire your father" crack looked and seemed more like the comics Flash.

I think Flash's friend who made the "Or his father will fire your father" crack looked and seemed more like the comics Flash.
He had a closer look, I'll give you that.

I love it when stories make the neighborhood friendly like these movies made sure of doing, makes his catchphrase more fitting.

Playing Spider-Man PS4 and now watching Spider-Man 3 on Netflix, really just invigorates my love for these movies. They had the most profound effect on my love Spider-Man, and I was already a sponge of a fan for years before. First movie came out when I was in 7th grade, what a damn good time that year was.

Organic webbing (my personal favorite now)
Great cast
Phenomenal music
Incredible action

They had it all. Spider-Man 3 tripped at some parts, but looking back now, I'd love to return to 2007 and just take it all in again.

I hope the multiverse theory is true, because then Raimi's 4th film lives on.

Last edited:
Was gonna say the same thing, playing the game on PS4, makes you appreciate Raimi's films even more, particularly the first two. The trilogy is fantastic and the game simply adds to this, the game for me, is the best we've had since 2004.

Was gonna say the same thing, playing the game on PS4, makes you appreciate Raimi's films even more, particularly the first two. The trilogy is fantastic and the game simply adds to this, the game for me, is the best we've had since 2004.
It's a bold statement but I'd have to agree, Spider-Man 2 was the last Spidey media that had such an emotional impact on me but the PS4 game tapped into that as well. I could definitely see some of the inspiration they took from the Raimi films. I saw a great video essay echoing these sentiments, I'd link it but it's filled with profanities of joy lol.

For me, quite simply the story behind all that Spider-Man on PS4 has to offer, is one of the most heart felt, emotional journey's the character has EVER taken me on. It tapped into exactly where I was 2002-2004.

This, this, and this!!!

Spider-Man 1 has gone up to 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

That's three Spider-Man movies (Spidey 2 and HC) in the 90's on the RT :up:

Yeah Spider-Man PS4 is wonderful and definitely taps into the Raimi feels. Still holding out hope for the film suit as dlc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"