The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking forward to that too,and seeing the Green Goblin and then maybe later a better version of Venom.

I don't see that anytime soon. At least, there may be a huge break for Venom as there was for Bane until someone can actually do the villain right for a film. Maybe the reboot after Webb's series.

The longer they keep Venom out of the movies the better as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever happened to that solo Venom film that Avi was pimping so much?

I don't see that anytime soon. At least, there may be a huge break for Venom as there was for Bane until someone can actually do the villain right for a film. Maybe the reboot after Webb's series.

Are people still on about this?

I don't know about anyone else, but the problems I had with TDKR were to do with the script/editing and not the handling of this character.

The longer they keep Venom out of the movies the better as far as I'm concerned.

As with anything, in the right hands, anything can be done well. Webb isn't even close to being skilled enough of a storyteller to handle a traditionally "one note" villain like Venom with tact.

Venom was done right. Because he's so thinly written in the comics, someone needs to pull a Raimi, and completely reinvent the character for him to work on screen.

tumblr_m7y32vuGdS1rydouao1_500.gif

Venom was done right. Because he's so thinly written in the comics, someone needs to pull a Raimi, and completely reinvent the character for him to work on screen.
I agree. I was never a fan of Venom, but despite all of the hate for Topher and his character, I thought it was a nice change and actually got me interested in his character and what they could have done in future installments.

I agree. I was never a fan of Venom, but despite all of the hate for Topher and his character, I thought it was a nice change and actually got me interested in his character and what they could have done in future installments.

I used to be, until I realized how awful Venom is, lol. However, I've always stuck up for Topher, and Raimi's Venom, as they're much better than they source material they were based upon, and he actually had a good reason to hate Spider-Man. Yet, he wasn't fleshed out enough in the final movie (due to the cutting of several important scenes and such.) Still holding out for that 3.1 one day soon.:o

I used to be, until I realized how awful Venom is, lol. However, I've always stuck up for Topher, and Raimi's Venom, as they're much better than they source material they were based upon, and he actually had a good reason to hate Spider-Man. Yet, he wasn't fleshed out enough in the final movie (due to the cutting of several important scenes and such.) Still holding out for that 3.1 one day soon.:o
Yeah, I've said countless times that even though I dind't like things like bringing Gwen in and having her come in between Peter and MJ, I did like the way they had her play off of Eddie and how that was one of many things to have him hate Peter. Not to mention, he also had a problem with Spider-Man. That's something that no other villain had. Sure Harry went after Peter, but that was only after finding out he was Spider-Man.

But I really liked how Brock was like an alternate version of Peter because it enhanced just how important the symbiote was to making him stronger, and made Venom an even more stronger threat since it knew all of Peter's moves.

Yeah, I've said countless times that even though I dind't like things like bringing Gwen in and having her come in between Peter and MJ, I did like the way they had her play off of Eddie and how that was one of many things to have him hate Peter. Not to mention, he also had a problem with Spider-Man. That's something that no other villain had. Sure Harry went after Peter, but that was only after finding out he was Spider-Man.

But I really liked how Brock was like an alternate version of Peter because it enhanced just how important the symbiote was to making him stronger, and made Venom an even more stronger threat since it knew all of Peter's moves.

:up: This post gets the official Bruce Wayne seal of approval.

tumblr_mdaolf4oq31qhx2lv.jpg

Are people still on about this?

I don't know about anyone else, but the problems I had with TDKR were to do with the script/editing and not the handling of this character.

:huh:

Stop smoking the good stuff.

I said just as there was a period between Banes with B&R and TDKR until Bane could be used in a great way, there should be a period of time with Venom until someone can do him right as well because Venom in S-M 3 still leaves a bad taste.

:huh:

Stop smoking the good stuff.

I said just as there was a period between Banes with B&R and TDKR until Bane could be used in a great way, there should be a period of time with Venom until someone can do him right as well because Venom in S-M 3 still leaves a bad taste.

I see what you mean now. Just the way you had phrased it made it sound like you were comparing SM3's Venom to TDKR's Bane (because who talks about or even remembers B&R? lol). I would in no way compare Raimi's Venom to B&R's Bane. Not even close.

Terrible adaptations of villains?

Yah, I can see how S-M 3's Venom and B&R's Bane can be compared.

lol. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "Ice to meet you", etc...

I mean: OMFGG Arnie's playing Electro! I'm surprised that no one has ever made this comparison *incredulous*

They have, lol.

I'm afraid my condition has left you cold, to pleas of mercy. :oldrazz:

As with anything, in the right hands, anything can be done well. Webb isn't even close to being skilled enough of a storyteller to handle a traditionally "one note" villain like Venom with tact.

It doesn't take a huge amount of skill to improve on Venom as a character. It's hard to make the character much worse than he is in the comics.

It doesn't take a huge amount of skill to improve on Venom as a character. It's hard to make the character much worse than he is in the comics.

If he is so lame, then why does Joker copy him?? :)
__the_monster_vs__the_clown___venom_vs__joker_by_andyskullcandy-d4rkhox.jpg

I dislike all the Venom hate here. I understand you guys don't like him and that's fine,but to think that he's that un-interesting or unusable as a villain? That whole symbiote/Venom storyline is utterly fascinating and would make for an awesome Spider-man film. But like alot of people have said,it has to be done right.

I dislike all the Venom hate here. I understand you guys don't like him and that's fine,but to think that he's that un-interesting or unusable as a villain? That whole symbiote/Venom storyline is utterly fascinating and would make for an awesome Spider-man film. But like alot of people have said,it has to be done right.

I know it's not a Spider-man film but I thoroughly enjoyed the Venom/symbiote episodes in TSSM. And...I also liked the Ultimate comics version too...*gulp*

TSSM has outdone anything that has been shown in a Spidey film except for S-M 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"