The Official Joker Costume Thread - Part 1

Because the other thread was closed due to its size I am starting this thread where you can continue the discussions of Joker costuming.
-Todd
3763461419_23d1de33ec_b.jpg

Has taken a really, really long time, alot of correspondence and alot of back and forth shipping but I believe the day has finally arrived. The completion of the Baron Boutique Joker overcoat.

For the greater good of the thread - SPPPAAAMMM
73948_895525372861_5031781_48687462_1249751_n.jpg

74177_895526355891_5031781_48687468_5760346_n.jpg

74239_895525048511_5031781_48687453_858653_n.jpg

From October... with a crappy wig. :)

I'm planning on making my Joker costume again this year for Halloween; I'm going to get a straight jacket, do my hair and scars like Heath's, and my lovely lady is going as Harley, but with a police officer disguise. :oldrazz:

I'm in debate though however: should I use the purple pinstripe pants or reddish orange Arkham uniform from Begins? And whether or not, should I wear the makeup or just accent around the eyes, scarred mouth, and other facial features to give hints? :word:

Has taken a really, really long time, alot of correspondence and alot of back and forth shipping but I believe the day has finally arrived. The completion of the Baron Boutique Joker overcoat.

Yes! I was just going to inquire about that. More details, man! It's my birthday, you owe me this! I MUST KNOW!!!

And Doctor Who, I think if you're gonna be wearing a straight jacket then the asylum pants and just accents of makeup would be a good route. Certainly would give a nice spin on an already nice look.

Much agreed Ryan, I am curious about those pics as well seeing as how I am planning on ordering mine first of the month. I did happen to notice in the pictures of the new coat, his color seems to be a bit off.

Took a few quick pics last night to share. You can check out the great stitching they have done on the collar.
frontiq.jpg

Pix of the cuff. While all of this is top notch, you will have to see the back panelling to really see how this thing was nailed.
cuff.jpg

Ryan, I am in love. So I take it after all the back and forth shipping, he can now replicate this for any one?

Yep, the template has been saved. If you like what you see so far, you have no idea how great the back panelling came out. If there is something that was missed on this coat, I have yet to find it. We went over every picture possible to debate every seam, dart, stitch to nail this thing.

Buttons came from another source located in the thread. I'll see if I can find the link for you. I had the buttons from the Baron coat removed and replaced. Easy fix.

Would crying be an appropriate reaction? Because that's what I feel like doing after seeing how absolutely beautiful this coat looks.

Thanks Indy. I'm hoping this is the culmination of the many posters research from this thread and other joker costuming threads plus other dark knight threads that provided the joker promo pics etc. I always believed this could be possible if we got the various pieces of information collected, a tailor that was willing to make the changes and be flexible (I can't count the amount email correspondence I had with Baron, plus their willingness to assign 1 person to personally over see this task) some trial and error, plus someone willing to put up the money.
I won't profit from this coat one cent other then I now have as close a replica of the Joker coat as possible and now others can have the same thing. If that means more business for Baron, good for them for the amount of harrasment they had to put up with from me...lol.

hi folks. been on hiatus for quite some time. it seems i've missed alot. Ryan, i've forgotten. were you the first one to order the coat from Baron? was it not correct on the first attempt? can you fill me in pal?

Hello woodstro! Yes, I was the first one to order the new Joker coat with the alterations.
The only mistake that was made (at least to me) was I felt it should have been about an inch or 2 longer. Others that saw the coat felt it matched up perfectly with promo pics and with the touring suit. I however felt it needed to just be a shade longer, so I ordered a second coat and that is what is shown in the above pics.

Hello woodstro! Yes, I was the first one to order the new Joker coat with the alterations.
The only mistake that was made (at least to me) was I felt it should have been about an inch or 2 longer. Others that saw the coat felt it matched up perfectly with promo pics and with the touring suit. I however felt it needed to just be a shade longer, so I ordered a second coat and that is what is shown in the above pics.

hey pal, can you shoot a picture of the panels? are you happy with the placement of the stitching down the back and the sides?

Yep, will shoot you over some pics. My only problem with the first coat was the sizing. Stitching, panelling, and everything else was carried out correctly.

Agreed, more pics!!!! :D

Didn't we confirm some time ago that the coat did include princess seams?

I could be wrong, but it seems as if I remember them being quite distinct as we view from behind The Joker walking into the mob meeting.

Eh.

Greyson P. Marcotte
The fACE of Knaves

I believe everything possible has been addressed and hope to get some pics up soon. I'd like to take some good pics to do the coat justice. I did however shoot a couple preview pics to one of our resident Joker coat experts, Woodstro, and well, I'll let him tell you what you thought of the coat.

I believe everything possible has been addressed and hope to get some pics up soon. I'd like to take some good pics to do the coat justice. I did however shoot a couple preview pics to one of our resident Joker coat experts, Woodstro, and well, I'll let him tell you what you thought of the coat.

to say the least, i want that coat. its beautiful. the panels at the back hang exact. this is as close as we're gonna get clowns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"