The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Who likes my painting? :)

bane.jpg

I do. Amazing job!

Hi everyone,

I've been doing local television appearances as a sports-related character and the key component to the costume is the team colored Bane mask. For my previous appearance, I painted a cheap mask from a costume store with acyrlic and krylon spray paint and it was a disaster. The mask NEVER dried and the acrylic chipped off almost immediatly.

Here's what it ended up looking like:
http://www.csnphilly.com/video_content_type/lunch-break-fansince09

I want to make a better version of that that doesn't leave me covered in red paint and high on fumes every time I wear it.

So, I'm looking at painting a non-painted mask such as this:http://www.amazon.com/Replica-Batman-Knight-Painting-Version/dp/B00AST77IG/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

What paint to do you guys use? I don't want to ruin another mask, but I also want to have a paint job that I don't have to constantly touch up.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be forever grateful.

Fantastic Work!! Graphix Monster's the Master............and a great guy to deal with. Really looking forward to his latest creation!!

Yeah Graphix is a really cool guy. By far the most friendly person I ever spoke to about getting a Bane mask. If you need a good and VERY AFFORDABLE Bane mask, he's your guy. Bar none

What price does Graphix charge for a mask..?

It might have changed since I ordered mine, so I don't want to post it here, but it was definitely a good price for the quality. I ordered mine painted and it was phenomenal, I also like that it has the mouth grill holes open so I can breathe. I did have to pad it a little, but I have a strange shaped head. Lol. He's easy to get in contact with through the facebook link he provided though if you have questions.

Here is my latest creation.. and 'Mark II' in Bane Masks. I have had people say its the best they have seen. I am just wanting to display fit here on theRPF.

"Perhaps the most accurate Replica Bane Mask as of yet not recast from the Warner Bros Replica. Months of research and hunting for correct fabics, photos for reference, and tedious sculpting. Everything hand sculpted except for top ridge 'loom' pipes, they were 3d printed from a model i designed. Real fabric on top of mask as well as military fabric an back corner pieces that look like fishnet... but are not! All pipes are solid, not rubber. Screen accurate color. Thank you for the encouragement everyone! Now lets get you a mask!Here it its..."

And here is me wearing the mask

Check out my facebook , Graphix Monster for photos of process etc and updates on things i will do with the masks blah blah. hope you enjoy

Well I guess my Bane pants are a few years old now. I ended up buying a pair of the black tactical paintball pants out of Singapore. But they haven't lasted very well, and I keep having to patch them up. I doubt they will make it to next Halloween.

So what is the best option now for replacement pants? Banepants.com is no longer selling them. Is colorsuits my best option? Seems like not many places are selling them anymore, and the prices have gone up.

Thanks guys!

I've been working on this female Bane vest concept/prototype for my girlfriend since mid-February. She wanted me to crop it so that it wasn't necessarily "sexy" but utilitarian, and sexy in the way that Tom Hardy's exposed musculature was- so it's kind of like a sports top. She has abs for days ;) I am going to put one more sheet of canvas over the armor plates, add brown piping/edging around it and the coyote air mesh, hand-punch a lot of rivets,hand-saw the brass buckle, (which will lay above the O-ring that connects the front straps,) and most likely add a strap around the bottom designed like the kidney belt. Then finish it all with a lot of graphite powder and hand-weathering. This is resting on a large male mannequin torso, but the vest itself will be sized and tailored so that it exposes the midriff.

It was a practice for my own Bane vest and I think I'll be doing that after seeing this project come together.

1723868_10153939276635341_2003984756_n_zpse0adb79b.jpg

1921948_10153939276210341_1922537400_n_zpsd2449ebc.jpg

1661799_10153939275960341_1022104868_n_zps8d59bd54.jpg

1962747_10153939274715341_1386031765_n_zpsef53a218.jpg

1618706_10153939273900341_268023668_n_zps119e476f.jpg

1902055_10153939274450341_1782670849_n_zpsa629d379.jpg

1797444_10153942560175341_650057602_n_zps29807c51.jpg

Vest will soon be available at your local JC Penny.

This is an inspiring thread. I've been going to comic book conventions for awhile and besides getting to know my comic book artists one of the coolest things is getting your picture taken with great cosplayers, so finally decided to try it for this Friday. I'm a novice so I'm no competition for the works of arts that are on these pages but something to aspire.

Hey guys, firts time posting, here's my bane cosplay with mask. I am working on the vest and other props too.
GH2mMcH.jpg

EBTdK3m.jpg

SSNTO93.jpg

bwJbXNA.jpg

dgK9C1y.jpg

^ Wow that's you? Incredible. You look just like Hardy's Bane.

It's uncanny. It's like looking at stills from the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"