The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also been suggested before for the role in one of this threads previous iterations, and I'll repeat my argument from then: Matt Damon, or an actor similar to him (an actor ususally cast in heroic or anti-heroic roles who's just a generation or so older than Cavill) would be perfect for the role because he'd bring good-guy charisma to a nefarious bad-guy. We need someone who can almost convince us he is taking a principled stand against "the alien" while still having the range to go really dark.

I agree completely. Lex must be likeable and charismatic because we need to believe that the public is totally sold on him as a visionary and a good guy.

Yeah, I have seen some of those movies, but like I said, he doesnt convince me in the badass role. I just dont think he has the presence for it.

I couldn't disagree with you more.

He's also been suggested before for the role in one of this threads previous iterations, and I'll repeat my argument from then: Matt Damon, or an actor similar to him (an actor ususally cast in heroic or anti-heroic roles who's just a generation or so older than Cavill) would be perfect for the role because he'd bring good-guy charisma to a nefarious bad-guy. We need someone who can almost convince us he is taking a principled stand against "the alien" while still having the range to go really dark.
I agree with that. But a big no for Damon.

Lex could be a greatly-written role that it would attract a big name, the way we've gotten Hardy and Ledger for Nolan's Batman movies. Someone like Michael Fassbender for Lex would be good, though he seems to have so much on his plate and is playing quite a few roles in big movies these days. But I think he would be good because he is that borderline charismatic/shady.

michaelfassbender1sized.jpg

Last edited:
So far, Fassbender is exclusively Magneto when it comes to comic book villains. Let's keep it that way.

This film series would be lucky to get such an actor...

It's already lucky to be blessed with such talented actors :)
But Damon as Lex? I just can't picture it.

Now somebody like Fassbender, that's who I picture. Guy Pearce as well.

But since Marvel has nabbed them, we're up **** creek lol.

I could easily see Mat Damon as Lex; interesting to see him play smooth, suave and then losing completely when Superman gets up his nostrils.
My favourite? Probably not, but I think he could easily pull it off.

Fassbender? Nah, I really don't want a Lex that occasionally sounds irish :D

Fassbender is already Magneto. I don't want him as another famous CBM villain.

It's kinda silly that people have such a hard on for Fassbender. He's not the only good looking guy who can act. But he's constantly wanted in these forums for every single part.

It's just silly. He's good don't get me wrong but.... Geez give his balls a rest for a few.

7-8 years ago I think Robert Duncan McNeill would have been amazing.
Great voice and look for Lex.

tve11755-19950123-323.jpg

It's kinda silly that people have such a hard on for Fassbender. He's not the only good looking guy who can act. But he's constantly wanted in these forums for every single part.

It's just silly. He's good don't get me wrong but.... Geez give his balls a rest for a few.

Lol

I don't think there are actually too many choices for Lex. Not many really fit the mould. Hence Fassbender being brought up again. Because we know he can do that type of acting and he has a good look for the part. But since a possible sequel would be a while yet, there might be more up and coming actors good for the part, or just starting to get noticed. I think Fassbender is a good direction to go. Lex should draw people around him in, but also be kind of tortured, so it should be a great actor, known or not.

recently watched crazy stupid love for 1st time good movie btw and more i think about it i want gosling for Lex mix his crazy stupid love and drive characters

he was charming ,good looking,high class in nice suits,etc. in CSL and very intimidating,ruthless and threatening in drive

he would be more in the vein of Rosenbaum's lex while people hate smallville majority loved his portrayal of Lex

Gosling would be great
I think Pearce is lost to us with the suggestion that his Iron Man 3 "Cameo" is not so much a cameo as he is the "Brains" behind the Manderin..

Daniel Craig still interests me

Would love Gosling as business Lex.

Dunno why Craig would be a better Metallo to me. Guess he reminds me of STAS for some reason ?

After seeing the new Star Trek trailer, I could see Benedict Cumberbatch, slyly menacing, something dark under the surface.

After seeing the new Star Trek trailer, I could see Benedict Cumberbatch, slyly menacing, something dark under the surface.
He's been my pick for Brainiac for a while now. Not really what I envision for Lex, though I'm sure he'd rock it.

He's been my pick for Brainiac for a while now. Not really what I envision for Lex, though I'm sure he'd rock it.

After i watched the Trek teaser my immediate thought was Brainiac too.

I hope he is portrayed in a similar, but obviously opposite manner to that of Nolan's Bruce Wayne, intelligent, rich, well respected (at first) but with the resources to cause carnage.

a good story could be that he has good intentions (nuclear fusion in the wrong hands? perhaps, too similar to batman ofc but something like this) but with his lack of understanding of the world and those who inhabit it he puts us all in danger, could be a stark contrast to that of an "alien" who although isn't actually from here has a better idea of how to help us.

This could cause turmoil for Luther who cannot understand how an alien is able to better the world above himself, he is then outcast from the world and seeks to retake it in his vision.

would like to see Luther as intelligent too with everything in the world at his disposble, except ofc what it takes to be universally liked and accepted, much like what superman strives, and ultimately doesn't understand he is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"