The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cumberbatch will probably be on Marvel's payroll soon.

Since he has returned to acting, I'm on the Joaquin Phoenix bandwagon.

Christoph Waltz is sporting a nice bald look for the Django Unchained press...

ChristophWaltzWeinsteinCompanyHollywood08xCyKfd3Hwl.jpg

I reckon when they end up casting Lex it will be someone we've never even considered.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about who they'd get for Luthor based on the stellar cast they've assembled so far for this universe. It has to match that. Luthor is a hard one to get right (this time) and cast right as well. There's just so much material to work from. So many aspects that can be explored. They seriously need someone who can hand in a performance worthy of an Academy Award nomination like Ledger did.

I'd have thought Kevin Spacey makes for a stellar Lex Luthor... but alas!

He did, but Singer wanted him to channel Hackman. If he had just brought his own spin it probably would have fared better.

I reckon when they end up casting Lex it will be someone we've never even considered.

That's what they said about Superman, yet it was the name that kept coming up so much that the mods had to actually make a rule that peope could not mention Cavill, if you remember.

Edit:I'd prefer they make an outside the box choice. Challenge an Actor who seems out of place, sort of like Ledger in the TDK.

I'm not saying Robert Pattison "is" my choice, but he would be an example of a guy who would seem very out of place getting the role, and would be "outside the box".

Last edited:
I remember that. The irony. Pretty silly...

Aw man, dont go there. Pattinson's fine, but still a tad young for Lex.

Lex should not look younger than Superman. He should in fact still be older.

Yeah, I'm pretty psyched about who they'd get for Luthor based on the stellar cast they've assembled so far for this universe. It has to match that. Luthor is a hard one to get right (this time) and cast right as well. There's just so much material to work from. So many aspects that can be explored. They seriously need someone who can hand in a performance worthy of an Academy Award nomination like Ledger did.
Ledger only got an Oscar nod because of his death. I'm sorry but it would have been just another comic book villain had that tragedy not happened.

Ledger only got an Oscar nod because of his death. I'm sorry but it would have been just another comic book villain had that tragedy not happened.

Well, I think he won because of that tragdy, yeah, but I think he might have gotten the nomination anyways.

Lex should not look younger than Superman. He should in fact still be older.

Not necessarily theres many who've said similar things yet look atbNolans Bat trilogy for example there's many characters that are different to their comics counterparts. What if in MOS 2 Lex Luthor is only just emerging as a younger man, would certainly show if he was so intelligent at such a young age.

Well, I think he won because of that tragdy, yeah, but I think he might have gotten the nomination anyways.

I believe Ledger would've won regardless. For a while there every flamboyant villain was winning the Oscar for best supporting actor, and Heath's performance was amazing.

Cumberbatch will probably be on Marvel's payroll soon.
God forbid !! Marvel get your hands of Cumberbatch, the guy screams DC Supervillain from miles away.

on topic :

891702-high_res-sherlock.jpg

This guy for Luthor.

^Oh God, no! The only really bad thing about Sherlock.

Because he's awesome, gaining popularity and WB is slow at getting actors like that in their comic properties.

i want daniel craig for lex still and imo is an out of the box choice from bond to superman's most popular villain and he normally plays good guys from Bond,GWTDT,C&A,Defiance,etc.

not to mention i like his more rugged handsome look on top of his deep voice and with his bond persona he can also bring some upper class debonair personality to luthor

and also a big name to add to the cast
daniel_craig_02.jpg

Last edited:
Michael Fassbender.

Was great in Pormotheus and X-men.

michael-fassbender.jpg

He is like BBQ sauce, works well with pretty much everything.

Edit: And I DO mean everything.

2yobwid.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"