The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because my choice is playing the Lone Ranger in the upcoming film....

And again...I think he might play a good Lex. So again...deal with it, red face...lol

For the stage play of "Armie Hammer is a nice looking man"???? I don't think B. Crystal will work because he's ugly...but Billy Crystal can sing....if singing is required for Lex then I will nominate B. Crystal... I'm an equal opportunitst.

i would'nt mind goode for lex especially after seeing stoker trailer

i can easily see him as a charming, intelligent lex with a god complex who is self absorbed

Last edited:
well he was in snyder's watchmen and films like The Lookout with JGL,Matchpoint,A Single Man and much more

i think he is highly underrated

well he was in snyder's watchmen and films like The Lookout with JGL,Matchpoint,A Single Man and much more

i think he is highly underrated

I like Ozymandias in Watchmen....creepy and understated. I have not seen "A Single Man".

I will admit that I like his look. Plus, I know he will look alright as a blond. I think Lex should be blond...not a red head like Smallvile.

i thought he was also great in the lookout a very underrated film
tumblr_ley8f5TsfW1qbppbno1_500.jpg

I like Ozymandias in Watchmen....creepy and understated. I have not seen "A Single Man".

I will admit that I like his look. Plus, I know he will look alright as a blond. I think Lex should be blond...not a red head like Smallvile.

but, but, red haired lex is more comic-accurate! :o

I thought Ozymandias in Watchmen was very much like Lex Luthor personality wise, right down to the obsession with Alexander the Great.

But I don't know if I like Goode's look for the role.

Why do people keep saying this guy...

6830370746_7f37dbe4fd_z.jpg

Because he's freaking awesome! This guy is Lex Luthor. There's plenty of examples out there of his work. He's plays the best "I'm entitled; I'm the end-all be-all; You are beneath me; I hate wishing I was you" I have ever seen. Plus Armie Hammer is taller than Cavill and there's something wrong with Lex being bigger than Supes. ew

oh and did you see what I did there ;)

Guy Pearce is an inspired choice. No-one can play a smarmy git quite like him.

what i like about goode is he can be creepy,menacing and cold but also charming,charasmatic and intellegent

:oand he's british

Guy Pearce would be epic. I hope he gets an Oscar nom for his performance in Lawless but they'll likely ignore it because the movie didn't create a lot of hype.

Here are my top choices, if anyone is interested.

Guy Pearce
Damian Lewis
Matt Damon
Christopher Meloni (long shot, but you never know, right?)
Matthew Goode
Corey Stoll
Ryan Phillippe

Mine would be:

Clive owen
Jason isaacs
Daniel craig
Dominic west
Billy crudup
Eric bana
Viggo mortensen

Matthew Goode is inspired.

He would be great as Birthright or classic Lex if need be.

I wouldn't want to see Goode as Luthor precisely because he DID play Ozymandias, and it would feel a bit much like a repeat, even if he gave a wildly different performance.

but, but, red haired lex is more comic-accurate! :o

lol....I am not a comic purist. I don't mind changes if done well. Plus, I truly think a blond Lex is more appropriate to this day and age. Blond guys always strike me as the ones who are more...swarmy. No offense to any blond guys :yay:

Again, I want Lex to to be the genius/billionaire, and a blond billionaire seems more fitting to the golden boy who thinks he rules the world...IMO

Because he's freaking awesome! This guy is Lex Luthor. There's plenty of examples out there of his work. He's plays the best "I'm entitled; I'm the end-all be-all; You are beneath me; I hate wishing I was you" I have ever seen. Plus Armie Hammer is taller than Cavill and there's something wrong with Lex being bigger than Supes. ew

oh and did you see what I did there ;)

I get it...he is a good actor. I just...he doesn't do it for me. Though I will admit that aside from Memento. I can't really recall anything he's been in where he plays that sort of role. What movies has he ben in where he has played the "I'm entitled; I'm the end-all be-all; You are beneath me; I hate wishing I was you"?

You are right about Hammer...le sigh. I just think the guy has the perfect look for Lex, but he is a LOT taller then Cavill. Then again, why must Lex have to be shorter then Superman? Iron Man is short, but once in the suit...size doesn't matter.

And LOL....I did see what you did there? Good one.

Last edited:
lol....I am not a comic purist. I don't mind changes if done well. Plus, I truly think a blond Lex is more appropriate to this day and age. Blond guys always strike me as the ones who are more...swarmy. No offense to any blond guys :yay:

Again, I want Lex to to be the genius/billionaire, and a blond billionaire seems more fitting to the golden boy who thinks he rules the world...IMO

I get it...he is a good actor. I just...he doesn't do it for me. Though I will admit that aside from Memento. I can't really recall anything he's been in where he plays that sort of role. What movies has he ben in where he has played the "I'm entitled; I'm the end-all be-all; You are beneath me; I hate wishing I was you"?

You are right about Hammer...le sigh. I just think the guy has the perfect look for Lex, but he is a LOT taller then Cavill. Then again, why must Lex have to be shorter then Superman? Iron Man is short, but once in the suit...size doesn't matter.

And LOL....I did see what you did there? Good one.

hehe :oldrazz:

and check out Count of Monte Cristo... done and done. I didn't see Prometheus but I watch that long clip of him giving that speech to that auditorium of people. Good Lex type stuff there.

About the taller thing, Idk why it's weird to me, it just fills wrong. I think could go for same height tho...

check out Count of Monte Cristo... done and done.

I just added it to my Netflix queue. I'll check it out.

About the taller thing, Idk why it's weird to me, it just fills wrong. I think could go for same height tho...

It seems a little wierd to me too, but I would be okay with it if he were.
Ha ha, that's a good number of his roles.
As I was looking through Netflix, they have a list of his movies. I realize I have seen in him L.A. Confidential, Seeking Justice, The King's Speech, The Time Machine, Memento, Rule of Engagement, and Ravenous.

I don't even remember him in Rules of Engagement, but for me the only roles where he fit the I'm entitled; I'm the end-all be-all; You are beneath me; I hate wishing I was you" was in L.A. Confidential, Seeking Justice and the King's Speech...though in that role it was hard to see him as anything but Wallace's little lap dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"