The Official Metal Gear Thread

Miller continues to be annoying. I really disliked him towards the end of PW and he hasnt gotten any better.

I personally liked Miller the most because he was full on revenge for most time.

Glad there is a story explanation for why Quiet is half naked

Isn't it funny she is the only character with that condition? Hahaha.

I thought there were some missions where you were forced to kill people?
Can you go through those non-lethally as well?

You can go the entire game non lethally and killing a few bad eggs wont do your heroism any harm.

I think my horn is getting a little pointier. I need to keep those killing sprees in check when NPCs piss me off.

Screw this, the horn is gonna grow. More people are asking for death.

A good way to defeat 2 of the Skull battles is D Walker. D Walker plus Gatling Gun equal no fight at all, it pretty much destroys the male Skull fights, even on the Extreme one, though you have to be a lot more careful there.

She not, all the Skulls have it, and while it's hard to tell since their skin is so pale, they all have a lot of exposed skin.

I personally liked Miller the most because he was full on revenge for most time.

Sans Lingua Franca

So according to the cassette tapes skull face[BLACKOUT] helped us in operation snake eater quite alot[/BLACKOUT]

Would've love to see a hint of that back in the days....

Not only that, but it's hinted that he [blackout] may have assassinated Stalin during his years of revenge against the Soiviet Union. [/blackout]

If only he wasn't so obsessed with language he would have made an excellent spy.

Would've loved what he could have done in lets say the shadow moses incident.

so how do you grind fuel resources? Thats the main thing keeping me from expanding Mother Base and past level 2, each strut seems to require a high amount. Is there a fast way to get over 10K?

Yeah, it's almost like it was a half-assed excuse to try and justify make her into ***** material or something. Oh and I'm not sure that her "condition" explains all of the "sexy poses" or the camera oogling her in almost every scene. Just throwing that out there.

You know it really is a pity. Because, stupid STUPID visual design aside, she really is a cool, interesting character.

so how do you grind fuel resources? Thats the main thing keeping me from expanding Mother Base and past level 2, each strut seems to require a high amount. Is there a fast way to get over 10K?
If you're past mission Hellbound and you already have powerful enough fulton to lift cargos, there's a way. Start the mission Hellbound, tranq two soldiers, get up on the structure on the left, fulton three cargos, drop down, grab the document on structure on the right and then restart the mission. Repeat.

Why do people make such a big deal out of quiet? I mean seriously.. Get over it. She's not wearing anything different from a normal **** walk or whatever..

"Objectifying women in video games" yet no one cries when Chris Hemsworth walks around shirtless for half a movie..

Kojima was more creepy with Paz in PW and I swear I didn't see much said about her underwear scan.

The camera oggling is weird, plus the sexy poses. And I agree that the whole setup of how her power works definitely seems like an excuse for her to be almost naked.

So i just did the crazy thing and deleted my save file for the game just so i can replay MGSV the correct way.

I'm talking actually capping my base with soldiers. and doing main missions with better gear then i had before.

As embarrassing as this is i didnt know you could customize a weapon till after completing the game. :csad:

why would you need delete your save file to do any of that?

Because i just found out Kojima doesn't like the 'New Story' Mechanism.

But i gotta say, re-playing MGSV when knowing how to properly play feels awesome so far, ive already got a lvl 12 R&D team after mission 3!

Because i just found out Kojima doesn't like the 'New Story' Mechanism.

But i gotta say, re-playing MGSV when knowing how to properly play feels awesome so far, ive already got a lvl 12 R&D team after mission 3!

I dont get it though. Are you talking about what is commonly referred to as New Game Plus in other titles? You can replay the missions so why would there need to be a reason for a new story mode? The game is built to be replayed. You cant do all the objectives until you get weapons and items later in the game which make it possible earlier in the game. Thats the game's intent as you are supposed to grow stronger as you progress. You cant really mess up too much in this game

Yeah i just wanted to do something to past the time till MGO is online.

Plus [BLACKOUT]i really want to save quiet this time.[/BLACKOUT] :csad:

I think I asked this before, but think it got lost in the shuffle - so don't know if it's already been answered.

But do I need to play ( or should I play ) Ground Zero before the Phantom Pain?

also, do you just play as one character or at some point, can you choose to play as different characters?

thanks.

Last edited:
I think I asked this before, but think it got lost in the shuffle - so don't know if it's already been answered.

also, do you just play as one character or at some point, can you choose to play as different characters?

thanks.
Yes! GZ is the prologue to PP that bridges the gap between Peace Walker. Its called MGS V: Ground Zeroes bc its the first part of MGSV. Granted if you dont play it, PP does a good job of recapping the events, but I would just play it as its the main story is only 90 minutes or so and provides context and background to the characters, primarily Snake and Miller

In PP, you can play as the recruits in your combat unit

thanks.

First question: i highly recommend playing Ground zeroes first since compared to all the other metal gear games the phantom pain connects to GZ pretty tight story wise. plus ground zeroes is literally like an hours worth of gameplay if you just want to understand the story and it was dirt cheap on steam and PSN users got it for free one month. though i dont know if that offers left tho, think of GZ and TPP as a two part film series is the best way to understand the importance of GZ.

Second question: nope you play as snake all throughout, there is an option later on to change the look for future missions but its completely optional and for me i just stuck with the boss all the way till the end.

Second question: nope you play as snake all throughout, there is an option later on to change the look for future missions but its completely optional and for me i just stuck with the boss all the way till the end.

thats not true. See above :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"