Days of Future Past The Official Nicholas Hoult/Beast Thread

Yet another battle I look forward to watching, is it just me are there some amazingly cool sounding fight scenes being included in First Class?

Yet another battle I look forward to watching, is it just me are there some amazingly cool sounding fight scenes being included in First Class?

Yep. It's not just you. Gonna be awesome. Actually I want to see Azazel teleport fight, throw knives and choke people with his tail, lol.

Definitely, and I can't wait to see Emma go all telepathic and Magneto deliver some awesome lines. There's to much in this film that I can't wait for...

saw beast from a commercial is he going to look like the current kitty-face beast? i always hated that beast look. he just looks like a cat, the older beast looked way better.

I don't think anyone's 100% sure what he's going to look like, maybe he'll change from scene to scene XD

X3 Beast was Kelsey Grammar in blue paint to me .. no creativity at all.

I like both Beast's. Kelsey's performance was the ultimate Beast IMO and the design in FC looks top-notch too. Even if Kelsey's Beast was just blue paint, his performance ultimately saved the character. I haven't seen Hoult's performance yet, but I remain optimistic.

yeah it does look wolfmanish, i just never liked the cat face looking beast. if it turns out like that i will not like the look, just not a fan of that beast face.

I agree that X3 Beast was just Kelsey Grammar in blue paint. If it wasn't for the actor underneath the paint I doubt most people would be as kind towards that Beast's makeup job.

I sort of wish since he's introduced here for the first time that Beast wouldn't have been blue and furry and it would have been like his earlier incarnation from the comics as a human with ape arms and feet.

I hope they tie X3 Beast and XFC Beast in.

Beast has to leave at some point.

I want him in the sequel to FC and I want him to establish a relationship with characters like Storm and Cyclops and Jean. Then of course he can go off to do that government thing or whatever.

I would imagine that he would be in the sequel and then leave in the third (or even later) film, when they would introduce Storm and Jean and Cyclops.

No doubt they will create a dramatic reason for him leaving to pursue politics, it can't just be some random decision, it needs to mean something in the story.

Maybe he goes to the government because he wants to protect mutants after a terrible war between humans and mutants.

Easily my favorite X-Men movie character next to Bobby. Having gone through many of the same feelings Hank does in the film, his arc is more than relatable.

Hank's whole journey typifies, or at least in my case, a gay or bi guy coming to terms with who he is. Within the community, everything you hear Hank talk about? A lot of guys, at least that I know, felt or said at some point. I'd say it more relates to being bi, since similarly he's afraid his mutation will scare girls away. Thus, his excitement over Mystique.

Last edited:
I didn't like how Beast sounded after he transformed. He like really looked like a guy on Halloween trying to talk through his mask.

I loved Beast after he transformed but my complaint is they didnt show his beastly aglility

loved that this guy skipped his secondary mutation and went right into the third.

Loved Hoult. Beast has always been my favorite character but in this he was my second behind Erik.

I'm looking forward to seeing him develop more in the sequels.

He was a freaking jerk with Raven. :(

Despite that I can't help but love this blue kitty bear. He's too awesome.

I loved Hoult. By the pics and even brief glimpses in the trailer, I didn't like the Beast look that much...thought the hair didn't look right. But in the film it looked great! Definitely better than the makeup job on Kelsey Grammar. It was the small touches like the animal nose, that sort of thing.

@Drz Especially with one who is that hot and putting out. Big fail on McCoy's part.

@Drz Especially with one who is that hot and putting out. Big fail on McCoy's part.

But he didn't find her blue form hot, the part that she wanted to be proud of and that she wanted him to accept.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"