Days of Future Past The Official Nicholas Hoult/Beast Thread

Oh look! A Green Lantern worshipper has arrived...

nein,

green lantern was a let down. I truly enjoyed FC, i just hate this portrayal of Hank. I'd rather him been "bulky" Kirby cartwheels out the frames guy than this cookie monster + kitty thing...

nein,

green lantern was a let down. I truly enjoyed FC, i just hate this portrayal of Hank. I'd rather him been "bulky" Kirby cartwheels out the frames guy than this cookie monster + kitty thing...

I see. Well, he didn't look like the hugely bulky comic book pre-blue version, for sure. But many of the characters in these films don't look EXACTLY like the comics.

For me, the portrayal worked on screen.

i dont understand why they didnt give him the same look Kelsey Grammer had in X3. i liked that look significantly better.

He looked like a normal dude with too much hair. I like that First Class Beast is more beastly.

I definitely preferred this new Beast over the Kelsey Grammar Beast. I didn't like anything about the Grammar Beast except for the voice because Grammar's voice is just spot on perfect for Beast.

I still want to see a more ape-like Beast

He just turned to Beast the night before, and if you watch B roll footage during the final scene with Charles and Moira, you can see him back to his human form playing with other X-men in the background.

Perhaps this is his early stage of transformation and it will be more and more apelike in the future.

I'm hoping for more agile ape-like behavior in the future

It looks to me that when it comes to adapting Beast on screen, people tend to forget that Beast (whether furry or not) has always been a big guy.

After viewing Fc again, one did I HUGELY preferred over the X3 version of Beast (which was practically the only good thing in X3 but not as good as the FC version IMO) was that Hoult made him more of, well, a Beast, he growled, roared, he was fast, agile, strong had a hell of a bad temper also, but still maintained his humanity. Hoult Beast was much more like the Beast from the cartoons for me, Grammar Beast just didnt seem animal like enough.

In other words, I was a huge fan of everything to do with Hoult Beast.

Kelsey Grammer growled too and he was spinning and jumping using his body during the final battle.

Kelsey Grammer growled too and he was spinning and jumping using his body during the final battle.

Exactly,people are just hatin on Grammers version just because they did not like the movie .X men 3 beast looked a little better IMO

I enjoyed both versions, they were each unique and based on or drew inspiration from a distinct take of the character from the comics...but I do think Kelsey's Beast, they did do a little more of the physical stuff in the finale of The Last Stand, than with Hoult's Beast in the finale of First Class.

I like that Beast uses his intelligence, when fighting Azazel. "Where you go, we go." Or something like that.

Still my favorite character, one of my favorite characters ever. As a bi guy who tried to escape who I am, I can really understand Hank's search for a cure. Similarly found an amazing girl that's set my world and perception of things on fire a la Mystique and they've captured that beyond perfectly of two outsiders coming together:

Beast & Mystique music vid:
[YT]http://youtu.be/xLzPhPs1-RM[/YT]

Before this movie I was really impressed with a couple of the shots of Hoult's make up as blue Beast (except for that first badly Photoshop comp'ed together group shot.) After this movie, I would rather take Grammar's "safe" Beast. Safe in regards to they didn't take big risk with the make up, just paint him blue, give him longer hair. Hoult's Beast make up was laughable at times, I was actually cringing in my seat with his first reveal in the hangar, and it looked like he was having a hard time speaking through all the make up and prosthetics. His actual transformation scene was good though.

Havok- Are you sure you can fly this thing?

Beast- Of course I can. I designed it.

:woot:

Maybe they will use more CGI for Beast in the next film. If they can render all those primates in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, they should be able to do one Beast!

His look was generally great in First Class, though it seemed a little inconsistent. i liked it best when he roared while piloting the jet. On the beach, his face seemed too pale a blue for my liking. And the 'reveal' scene walking through the white light didn't really work for me, it seemed a bit odd.

Beast's look is one thing I hope they fix if the character's in the sequel. I didn't mind the overall design but his face in the hangar scene barely moved. He's supposed to have turned into a blue furry thing, not a Hollywood botox victim ;)

Maybe they will use more CGI for Beast in the next film. If they can render all those primates in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, they should be able to do one Beast!

Yes, but I don't think the producers are into CGI when it comes to the look of the characters.

They need to do something about Beast. The tried something new for First Class, but it didn't really work. It looked stiff, and Hoult seemed extremely uncomfortable. He kinda looked cross-eyed at certain parts. And he definitely didn't look very threatening.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I want regular Hoult back! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"