The Avengers The Official Rate/Review Thread for Marvel's The Avengers! (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to book Avengers again, it was almost sold out and the one before was full. I was so proud!

I think you're not appreciating the impact of Star Wars, then.

Star Wars was huge, but it didn't have the emotional impact that Avengers does, IMO. I was mesmerized when I saw SW in the theater, buy my point is that it wasn't the culmination of years of anticipation like Avengers.

I really enjoyed this movie. Pretty much everyone at the IMAX I was at enjoyed the movie. I told my gf that I was going to go see it again and she asked if she could see it with me again too. She said she loved it. This is the girl that I had to beg to watch Thor on Bluray with me (she liked the movie though)....

I'm trying hard not to go watch it again this week because I have finals and papers due next week.

I went in with massively high expectations....and it actually manage to blow them away. There wasn't anything I DIDN'T like about the movie. I was so impressed i'm planning on seeing it again next weekend.

Star Wars was huge, but it didn't have the emotional impact that Avengers does, IMO. I was mesmerized when I saw SW in the theater, buy my point is that it wasn't the culmination of years of anticipation like Avengers.

I agree with that. But the jury is still out. Marvel can't back down now, and the other studios need to up their game. Marvel made their Star Wars IV with The Avengers, but it's just the beginning. We can celebrate, but Marvel needs to be already thinking how they can up their game even further. And by that I don't mean necessarily bigger, but I say flesh out even more their movieverse.

Marvel has license to go crazy and take chances now, but they have to do it keeping the quality they already showed the audience they can provide.

It did for me but then I was about 8 or 9 when I first saw A New Hope. And don't even get me started with ESB. :woot:

Everyone keeps talking about this tracking shot of all avengers fighting and it's driving me nuts because i don't remember seeing that. Maybe it's one of those times when I took my 3D glasses off to rub my eyes. I hate 3D......even though Avatar was worth it in 3D....I hate it.

It did for me but then I was about 8 or 9 when I first saw A New Hope. And don't even get me started with ESB. :woot:

You must be a few years older than me. RotJ is the one I remember getting excited over. I was only 6 when Empire came out. I just vaguely remember being scared of the wampa creature.

Everyone keeps talking about this tracking shot of all avengers fighting and it's driving me nuts because i don't remember seeing that. Maybe it's one of those times when I took my 3D glasses off to rub my eyes. I hate 3D......even though Avatar was worth it in 3D....I hate it.

I've seen Thor, Cap and now Avengers in 3d and thought it was pretty cool each time. I guess Prometheus next month will be the first one I see that's actually filmed with the equipment instead of being converted.

You must be a few years older than me. RotJ is the one I remember getting excited over. I was only 6 when Empire came out. I just vaguely remember being scared of the wampa creature.

I saw New Hope during the '79 re-release, was 8 to be exact. It blew my mind permanently.

I saw New Hope during the '79 re-release, was 8 to be exact. It blew my mind permanently.

Since you were a kid back then and saw the Star Wars hysteria first hand, how do you think Avengers success holds against the Star Wars phenomenon? Are the comparisons fair?

I've seen Thor, Cap and now Avengers in 3d and thought it was pretty cool each time. I guess Prometheus next month will be the first one I see that's actually filmed with the equipment instead of being converted.

Both of my Avengers viewings were in IMAX 3D. I don't think I can watch it in anything else but that right now .... it just adds so much depth. The DLP sound was freaking amazing too in the theater I was in for the 2nd viewing.

The Prometheus trailer was simply sick to look at too btw.

It was the part where Black Widow "hitched a ride". Starts off with her riding along, then Stark comes along side her, blasts a couple of riders, he then does this awesome landing next to Cap, blasts his shield and he deflects it into a bunch of Chitauri, then he flies up to where Hawkeye is, who fires an arrow and it takes out another rider... THEN we see Hulk and Thor on the back of a big dragon thing.

It was the part where Black Widow "hitched a ride". Starts off with her riding along, then Stark comes along side her, blasts a couple of riders, he then does this awesome landing next to Cap, blasts his shield and he deflects it into a bunch of Chitauri, then he flies up to where Hawkeye is, who fires an arrow and it takes out another rider... THEN we see Hulk and Thor on the back of a big dragon thing.

T'was a thing of beauty.

It's unfair to compare any franchise to the Star Wars OT.

Avengers is a modern classic from a fanboy standpoint but Star Wars was a far reaching cultural phenomena that launched concepts like merchandising and franchises and served as an epiphany for an entire generation.

ooooooohhhh ok, I did see that awesome shot. :-D

Thanks!!

It's unfair to compare any franchise to the Star Wars OT.

Avengers is a modern classic from a fanboy standpoint but Star Wars was a far reaching cultural phenomena that launched concepts like merchandising and franchises and served as an epiphany for an entire generation.

Just to be clear, this only came up because of someone's comment about the emotional impact of Avengers. I'm not comparing the two franchises as a whole, I'm just saying that seeing Avengers on day 1 was a different emotional experience than seeing SW day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"