The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I love TIH, that design and the CG blow TIH right out of the water.

Not to be a poo-pooer and I'm certainly hoping for the best, but a carefully chosen split second shot of the Hulk from either of the two previous films could have been chosen to look amazing.

But with that said, that fraction of a second did look pretty good.:woot:

tihavengersidebyside.jpg

I like the new one better. I never liked the TIH's Hulk on that shot. Looked quite fake.

To me its more like , I love pulled pork, fries, and mac n cheese. Let me put it all in a burger. Putting strawberry ice cream in pizza is just unthinkable.

No, it's just putting together different things that alone work well, but together not so much.

Fries alone are possible but they're always thought to be the sidekick of something else.

Last edited:
Awesome textures on Hulk. Love it. Let's hope the look stays consistent.

I didn't comment on Hulk in my post on the trailer as I don't feel there is a lot to say yet given we only saw a quick head shot as expected. I thought the way they used him as the final shot coming off of Stark's funny line was a great way to end the trailer and Hulk's face looks good to me.

I agree with you as we haven't really seen that much of the Hulk and I want a full body shot, but I too admit what was shown was fantastic.

He never has in the comic. Why should the movies go out of there way to do this?

To say that would be to say that a nuclear bomb is just an extension of a sparkler. They do not resemble one another at all.

I think what we wanted was consistency.

And for what it's worth, while very quick and short, I think the Hulk looks AWESOME in the trailer!!

Excellent crowd control my friend. :yay:

human eyes go a hell of a long way...

I agree. As I watched Avatar to prepare me for what we might see in Hulk the film, I realized that it was the eyes more than anything that made the Navi work.

The way he rounds his mouth is very ape-like.

That seems to be the major idea in Hulk's design. The Hulks manifest semi human neanderthal-like or semi human ape-like, the only Hulk that was different was the Merged Hulk that had Banners face.

The HULK looks amazing. Looks so much better than the last one. The motion capture looks very good. And he is actually GREEN! Not freakin olive!

What is this I don't even

Hulk is not featured heavily in the trailers because he is entirely CGI and it isn't finished.

Literally every piece of merchandising has Hulk on it. Some of it has Hulk instead of Thor as the third piece of the tripod.

IDK where you're coming up with any of this
Agreed. It's common sense, really. Hulk is a fully CG character. There isn't much finished things to show.

I still believe it all comes down to lighting and eyes. The more contrast the better.

We aren't talking about a mechanical "thing" here. We are talking about a living, breathing person (yes, I realize the HULK is fictional, but roll with me here). You can also relate it to how a someone looks as a child, and then when that person grows up, they look different, but still have some of the same recognizable features that he/she had when they were a child. You see where I'm going with this?

The difference is that Hulk is not Banner grown up...He's a distorted representation of some deep seated repressed emotions to say the least. I can agree that Hulk may have Banner's distorted features, but it's such a drastic change that he's unrecognizable. It's a transformation akin to Jekyll and Hyde or a man into a werewolf or wolf-man in monster movie language.

I still believe it all comes down to lighting and eyes. The more contrast the better.

I think technology is catching up to our suspense of disbelief standards. It's been almost four years since TIH and ILM is about the best out there. I think the realism in the eyes and the new motion capture tech will be the biggest differences.

loved the look, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Yay! They made him green! That washed out pseudo gray from TIH never really did it for me.

I hope this is not the final look of him in the movie, it does not look nearly as cool as the image Obi-Ron is using above - THAT's the Hulk!

Yay! They made him green! That washed out pseudo gray from TIH never really did it for me.

Well the Hulk has been colored with gray undertones since aboutthe time Gravage / Green Scar emerged during the PAD issues #435 or so.

Gotta say I loved the color.... was never a huge fan of the faded olive coloring they went for in TIH.

Granted neon green aint too keen either as in certain sequences from Angs Hulk... In all honesty Angs Hulk was perfect when he busted through the house after booting talbot..............

but then he just got bigger even maching gun fire made him huge.

this color seems on point now lets wait for a size comparison

Gotta say I loved the color.... was never a huge fan of the faded olive coloring they went for in TIH.

Granted neon green aint too keen either as in certain sequences from Angs Hulk... In all honesty Angs Hulk was perfect when he busted through the house after booting talbot..............

but then he just got bigger even maching gun fire made him huge.

this color seems on point now lets wait for a size comparison

im impressed with the new Hulk as he does indeed look incredibly real, and im happy that he doesnt actally look that different to TIH look

as for why he isnt featured that much in the trailer id guess is because they are still working on him, and as for banner well he is played by by a different actor so the problem is that he is just an unknown face who no one will see and be like hey its banner

i guess the introduction to the character was for the end of trailer, so by the next trailer we may get alot more footage of him

I really like how he looks (I already liked him on TIH). But what I like the most is how, even though he's not leader material like Cap or Iron Man, he's getting the importance he deserves. Maybe is because we are all talking about the character, or maybe is because they saved him for last on the trailer, which is usually a good thing, the final shot on action trailers are usually awe-inspiring.

I've gotta admit, though, Stark referring to Hulk as a "rage monster" kind of worries me a little that they're going not going to treat him like a real character (again).

I think that may just be Stark's jerk nature coming through, shooting from the hip as he always does. He may be surprised that Hulk ends up being more complex than just a cool science experiment, which is how he views him.

I've gotta admit, though, Stark referring to Hulk as a "rage monster" kind of worries me a little that they're going not going to treat him like a real character (again).

I think the "We have a Hulk" line could erase all worries. It will be a character, but it's such a difficult "superhero" to handle, that it's gonna be very interesting to see how they are going to "channel" his strength.

My biggest worry is that they make him the Infraggable Krunk.

Looks like Stark is going to be pushing Banner's buttons throughout the film. Stark better watch out, all he is is a genius spoiled guy in a suit of armor, The Hulk is a force of nature.

Stark will learn the hard way

Looks like Stark is going to be pushing Banner's buttons throughout the film. Stark better watch out, all he is is a genius spoiled guy in a suit of armor, The Hulk is a force of nature.

Stark will learn the hard way

But he can turn Banner's tragedy into a joke (or many of them) in the process, so all hail.

I think the "We have a Hulk" line could erase all worries. It will be a character,

He might appear for the last fight only.

but it's such a difficult "superhero" to handle, that it's gonna be very interesting to see how they are going to "channel" his strength.

They didn't have much problem the last time.

Last edited:

I think that was just Stark trying to tweak Banner. I have a feeling the Hulk is going to be a big time part of the team.

I'm just so glad they gave us a shot of the Hulk, even though it was real quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"