Age of Ultron The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Olsen seems different from her two older sisters. She reminds me of someone else, but I can't think who. She looks like a typical Whedon girl though.

There isnt really a tipical Whedon girl.

Natasha's not the only one to use this fighting style.:cwink:

tumblr_m6wpacnbJj1qfqevuo1_250.gif

Yeah but I'd much prefer Natasha wrapping her legs around my face like that than Spidey. :)

....just sayin'!

I figured the fighting with the legs was skin to fighting like a spider would, and considering both Spidey and Black Widow's names are based off spiders, it works.

Olsen seems different from her two older sisters. She reminds me of someone else, but I can't think who. She looks like a typical Whedon girl though.
She kind of looks like a mix between Michelle Pfeiffer and Maggie Gyllenhaal

She looks like a young Demi Moore but with the Olsen twin eyes.

She looks like Elizabeth Olsen

Now that we've got confirmation that the Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver will be in The Avengers 2, it's time to discuss Wanda Maximoff in all her magical glory.

Who would you like to see play Wanda in the movie? How do you think Joss Whedon should explain the Maximoff's origin with the mutant angle and their relationship with Magneto/Erik Lensherr off-limits?

Personally, I think that Mila Kunis would be ideal for the role. Emmy Rossum and Holland Roden would also be great choices. Whoever Marvel chooses, I'm certain they'll find the right actress because they've had amazing success in casting the team thus far.

tumblr_mj4s2dMnBj1qbn6jwo1_500.png

I am hoping that Olsen and Taylor-Johnson do not disappoint. But would have preferred a more physically striking and more mature actors. Hiddleston would have crushed it as QS and Olga Kurylenko or Keira Knightly as Wanda would be able to pull off any costumes and would have been more convincing Euros.

As it is, if Marvel wanted younger actors, why not Phoebe Tonkin and Craig Horner. Or even cast Hispanic/African American actors, better yet expand that net further and cast from Bollywood, China, Korea or Japan for even more diversity.

Olsen is just too vanilla for me.

Having seen both MMMM and Oldboy, Olsen isn't "vanilla" at all.

Having seen both MMMM and Oldboy, Olsen isn't "vanilla" at all.

She would have to be gellato, forget american ice cream whatever the flavor. She looks like an all-american girl, would you deny that?

No, she looks that way in real life (she's still pretty). However, that doesn't mean that she'll look like that in the movie. The magic of cinema and all that good stuff.

While I know in the comics they're technically mixed, they've always been presented as more Euro looking to me than Romanian gypsy save for some outfits and costumes. I mean I do not agree with them being African or Indian as I feel if anything they should be Mediterranean.

With that said, ATJ and Olsen look enough like siblings, even twins, for me to be happy, and they both look like their comic counterparts more than Evan Peters to me. I love Peters, I'm not hating on his movie look, and I'm happy he's in DoFP as Quicksilver, but ATJ looks so much more like the character to me facially.

Why the hell is everyone using the word vanilla so much?

I have no idea. I'm not even sure what it means in this context

Also means not as exotic or striking a look, or not a rare enough look. Not needed for a Steve Rogers or Bruce Banner for eg but desirable for a SW. I'm really looking forward to seeing all 3 of the new guys, great choices for new characters and all 3 can have very distinctive looks & powers compared to the existing Avengers. Vision is going to be totally 'non-vanilla' lol.

I think he'll start off pale then get his RYG color combo.

I think so too. He'll go from looking good to great.

Tl; dr -- For you, the Black Widow's fighting style is "sexualized" because she is an attractive woman fighting men.

Yeah, you have to ignore the main parts of what I'm saying in order to make it seem unsound. Means I have a good point. Too bad it's off topic.

tumblr_n1yue2sZpE1r7gbeko1_500.png

An image of Elizabeth Olsen at Paris Fashion Week.

Olsen has a very distinct look. Maybe not very "exotic", but distinct. She can pull off Eastern European no problem.

And by Hollywood action movie standards, BW is one of the least sexualized characters around. Especially the most recent version (TA). And thats despite the fact that shes a female spy and therefore is trained to use whatever wiles she has to survive slash complete the mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"