The Official Superman Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I have, but I'm trying to avoid using Reeve and Routh pics, and those horrible cosplay pics. I like trying to combine things to make something new and refreshing that looks good.

i personally feel Cavill is the best choice

Hammer and Joe are other candidates people like but i look at it like this:

Hammer is 6'5 gives off a good guy vibe but is just a bit too baby faced for supes more baby faced than routh was in Returns but he is a very solid actor.

Joe is 6'5 as well not as polished of an actor but he has a more mature look well he is 12 years older than Armie but i dont get a good wholesome vibe.I get a meat head bro man aura from him not a knock on what he is actually like it is just what i get from him.

Now Henry Cavill may not be as tall but he is not short he is about 6'1-6'2 and i get a good guy aura from him and is a solid actor and is not baby faced.

please re read

may not be as tall(as hammer,joe who are 6;5) but he is not short

i personally feel Cavill is the best choice

Hammer and Joe are other candidates people like but i look at it like this:

Hammer is 6'5 gives off a good guy vibe but is just a bit too baby faced for supes more baby faced than routh was in Returns but he is a very solid actor.

Joe is 6'5 as well not as polished of an actor but he has a more mature look well he is 12 years older than Armie but i dont get a good wholesome vibe.I get a meat head bro man aura from him not a knock on what he is actually like it is just what i get from him.

Now Henry Cavill may not be as tall but he is not short he is about 6'1-6'2 and i get a good guy aura from him and is a solid actor and is not baby faced.

Routh looked young but he already looked like Superman. He had all the facial features, and has grown to look even more Superman-ish. Hammer just looks young. He may be tall but the face is a huge deal. Which is why guys like Cavill have him beat.

Spencer Conway wipes the floor with both Cavill and Hammer as a proper Superman candidate.

Visually, Conway is 100% better than both Cavill and Hammer put together.
Chiselled jawline and trained actor.

We are good to go Snyder, so sort it out.

No need for baby face Hammer, he could be used as a villian maybe.

Spencer Conway wipes the floor with both Cavill and Hammer as a proper Superman candidate.

Visually, Conway is 100% better than both Cavill and Hammer put together.
Chiselled jawline and trained actor.

We are good to go Snyder, so sort it out.

No need for baby face Hammer, he could be used as a villian maybe.

Got anymore info on him? You know, like height, weight, age, 'cause I ain't seeing it. If you showed a casting director headshots of Cavill and Conway and they had to cast based on bone structure balance of features etc for the role of Superman, Cavill wins hands down. I'm not even saying Cavill is the best candidate. Visually that would be Routh but I'm sure Snyder and Co. will do everything possible not to use him. It's that whole re-inventing the wheel thing and one of the reasons we got such a compromised costume in SR.

Show us more stuff of Conway, because based on the few grainy shorts and pictures I saw he likely wouldn't get beyond round one. However, we shall see.

trained actor why because he did stage stuff lol

cavill we actually know has talent same with hammer

there is a reason he is desperately campaigning himself

his talents obviously dont speak for them self

It could always be someone who is a 100% nobody, and we could ALL be wrong. I would however think that the studio is going to be looking more at guys like Hammer and Manganiello.

If we have noticed, Joe himself has **** about wanting the role for the last few months. There is word that he is a frontrunner right now, so he must be impressing some people at WB - who are likely to be heavily in control now compared to last time.

The reason I think it is interesting that he has not said anything recently himself is that likely somebody told him not to. It may have been explained to him how it would hurt his chances, but that he still has a shot if he shuts up.

OR he had been considered for a long time, and may have even been TOLD to leak his interest in the past to generate some hype.

There was also a magazine talking about him as the "next superman? -yes please" a couple months back. Then there was the statement by him that he was "not negotiating for the role at this time" shortly after the True Blood website mentioned it.

I made the speculation that he may already have been cast, but that they were waiting for a press release in a few months, and that by "no negotiating" they had already reached some sort of deal.

Whatever the case is, there IS at the least smoke there.

i wont hold my breathe on front runner news

Krasinski was front runner for cap

Lerman was front runner for spiderman

hell hesmwroth was called back like 3 times before he got thor he was'nt even on the short list

i wont hold my breathe on front runner news

Krasinski was front runner for cap

Lerman was front runner for spiderman

hell hesmwroth was called back like 3 times before he got thor he was'nt even on the short list

Hey we could easily get Hammer, or someone else.

There is more smoke there than just the frontrunner news however.

It could always be someone who is a 100% nobody, and we could ALL be wrong. I would however think that the studio is going to be looking more at guys like Hammer and Manganiello.

If we have noticed, Joe himself has **** about wanting the role for the last few months. There is word that he is a frontrunner right now, so he must be impressing some people at WB - who are likely to be heavily in control now compared to last time.

The reason I think it is interesting that he has not said anything recently himself is that likely somebody told him not to. It may have been explained to him how it would hurt his chances, but that he still has a shot if he shuts up.

OR he had been considered for a long time, and may have even been TOLD to leak his interest in the past to generate some hype.

There was also a magazine talking about him as the "next superman? -yes please" a couple months back. Then there was the statement by him that he was "not negotiating for the role at this time" shortly after the True Blood website mentioned it.

I made the speculation that he may already have been cast, but that they were waiting for a press release in a few months, and that by "no negotiating" they had already reached some sort of deal.

Whatever the case is, there IS at the least smoke there.

I'd love to see someone interview Routh and flat out ask him ' Have you been approached? Have you contacted WB etc about reprising the role, Have you tested for Snyder? What BR says or doesn't say could speak volumes. If he knows he is 100% out of it, a simple... " I won't be in the new movie" wouldn't breach any confidentiality agreements imo.

I'm watching SR right now and he is visually so right for the part that it would be a shame if Snyder and co. expended a lot of money and resources searching for the perfect guy and WB already had him under contract. A great director could likely get a much better performance out of him if he's not shackled with instructions to impersonate CR throughout the whole movie.

Last edited:
I'd love to see someone interview Routh and flat out ask him ' Have you been approached? Have you contacted WB etc about reprising the role, Have you tested for Snyder? What BR says or doesn't say could speak volumes. If he knows he is 100% out of it, a simple... " I won't be in the new movie" wouldn't breach any confidentiality agreements imo.

I'm watching SR right now and he is visually so right for the part that it would be a shame if Snyder and co. expended a lot of money and resources searching for the perfect guy and WB already had him under contract. A great director could likely get a much better performance out of him if he's not shackled with instructions to impersonate CR throughout the whole movie.

His contract expired some time ago...:cwink:

His contract expired some time ago...:cwink:

I was talking in the past tense. As in they had him and let him slip through there fingers. Sometimes you don't recognize what you have until it is gone. You could characterize the search for the perfect Superman as " there are greener pastures over there" when in reality the pasture you had was actually greener and you just need to put your energy into making it better. Btw contracts can be re-written.

Just my humble opinion. Routh left the fanbase kinda split and recasting him would probably cause more problems than its worth..blame it on SR or whatever.
Also, the public would wonder if its a sequel or a reboot with him recast ( and yes, I think its a pretty safe bet to say that they would wonder ) Besides, snyder said himself that this film will have no connection to past superman films, so recasting him would have a connection, reboot or no.

I wouldn't be opposed to routh coming back, but at the same time I really dont care if he doesn't come back either. He just didn't wow me enough that I care either way.

Last edited:
I was talking in the past tense. As in they had him and let him slip through there fingers. Sometimes you don't recognize what you have until it is gone. You could characterize the search for the perfect Superman as " there are greener pastures over there" when in reality the pasture you had was actually greener and you just need to put your energy into making it better. Btw contracts can be re-written.

Got it... :up:

I wouldn't mind to have him again in the role, but it seems unlikely. I know that contracts can be re-written and stranger things have indeed happened... I just happen to think that if Routh was a WB mandate for the reboot then why let his contract expire? It doesn't add up.

He does have the look and the height... he was just too bland I think.

guys it's simple.........they need to distance and differentiate this movie from any previous incarnation of Superman on film, including Smallville. the best way to do this is to start FRESH (no pun intended) and cast a different actor. this is very unfortunately for Routh, but if they don't want this movie to be thought of as in the same continuity with the previous films then a new actor is needed.

i will never say that it's IMPOSSIBLE for Routh to be coming back as Supes, because we never truly know....however, i'd say it's about as close to impossible as you can get without actually BEING impossible. Routh would have to have some MASSIVE pull with the execs sitting at the top of WB to wear the suit on screen again.

I will say it with complete confidence. It is impossible for Routh to come back. It is not going to happen. Though Routh may have had "the look" for Superman (though I don't necessarily agree), he lacked overall charisma for such an iconic role. I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
guys it's simple.........they need to distance and differentiate this movie from any previous incarnation of Superman on film, including Smallville. the best way to do this is to start FRESH (no pun intended) and cast a different actor. this is very unfortunately for Routh, but if they don't want this movie to be thought of as in the same continuity with the previous films then a new actor is needed.

i will never say that it's IMPOSSIBLE for Routh to be coming back as Supes, because we never truly know....however, i'd say it's about as close to impossible as you can get without actually BEING impossible. Routh would have to have some MASSIVE pull with the execs sitting at the top of WB to wear the suit on screen again.

I pretty much agree with everything you said, which as you said is unfortunate for BR, especially because if you had to list things wrong with SR he would be way way down that list. Imo he did the best with what he was given.

I will say it with complete confidence. It is impossible for Routh to come back. It is not going to happen. Though Routh may have had "the look" for Superman (though I don't necessarily agree), he lacked overall charisma for such an iconic role. I will leave it at that.

Extremely unlikely, but impossible? You can never rule anything out in Hollywood. How about... improbable.

well to say no connections to any past superman movie and recast routh would make snyder a liar lol

Extremely unlikely, but impossible? You can never rule anything out in Hollywood. How about... improbable.

At one point it could have been labeled as improbable. At this point it is impossible and can be ruled out. You can take it to the bank. :cwink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"