The Official Superman Casting & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't been in this topic in awhile, have they said when they will announce who's playing Superman yet? Last I heard it would be shortly after christmas, I guess that was just rumor/speculation.

Still for Joe M. as well. :D

Haven't been in this topic in awhile, have they said when they will announce who's playing Superman yet? Last I heard it would be shortly after christmas, I guess that was just rumor/speculation.

Still for Joe M. as well. :D

within the next couple months, since it's supposed to start shooting in August. And since The Dark Knight Rises just made some huge announcements people speculate it will be pretty soon. casting started back in November

anyone mentioned Spencer Conway?
photo.php

Hey we could easily get Hammer, or someone else.

There is more smoke there than just the frontrunner news however.
At the time, it sounded like Krasinski was just about cast as Cap, and it was fan backlash that made them turn to Evans. Which annoyed me.

From Movie Hole:
True Blood star Superman frontrunner?
"Caffeinated" Clint said:
Had it been, say, the British Press reporting this I mightn’t have bothered wasting good finger sweat on typing, but this is coming from someone at the reputable stateside outlet, Hero Complex, a subsidiary of The Los Angeles Times, so there could be something to it.

We’ve all heard that “True Blood” star Joe Manganiello wants to play Superman, right? Heck, the man is one-man PR machine when it comes to stumping his ability to play Krypton’s Last Son – give him five minutes and a microphone and he’ll open up like a split bicycle tube. But did anyone actually suspect there to be anything other than self-promotion and hands being raised in the air here? I know I didn’t.
But whaddayaknow? Maybe Manganiello – who played ‘Flash Thompson’ in Sam Raimi’s “Spider-Man” – is in with a chance to star in Zack Snyder’s “Man of Steel”.

Here’s the Tweet from Hero Complex this morning :

Is “True Blood” werewolf star Joe Manganiello a frontrunner to play Superman? That’s the rumor du jour in Hollywood #superman
Okay, so Hero Complex could’ve just as likely heard the same stuff we have – coming from Manganiello or his supporters (there’s a Facebook page dedicating to getting the man the role of Superman) – but this is an outlet that’s more about scoops and first-hand news, than running other’s sloppy seconds, so there’s a good possibility Manganiello has impressed Snyder and the brass at the WB.

What do I think? Yeah, he could work.

From Den of Geek:
Could one of the stars of True Blood be leading the Superman race? Joe Manganiello might just be near the front of the race to play the Man of Steel…
Simon Brew said:
Published on Jan 24, 2011

Now that we've got the casting of The Dark Knight Rises' villains out of the way, the next big comic book movie casting conundrum centres around who's going to be pulling on the blue tights in Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman reboot.

With the film set to go before the cameras later this year, whoever is the new Superman is likely to need a few months of training, and we'd wager that the casting announcement isn't too far away.

An intriguing Tweet from the usually very-well-connected Los Angeles Times seems to now be pointing in favour of True Blood star, Joe Manganiello, too. He's been one of the candidates for some time now, but the Tweet - which we picked up via Moviehole - says, "Is "True Blood" werewolf star Joe Manganiello a frontrunner to play Superman? That's the rumor du jour in Hollywood #superman."

Read into that what you will. What makes it more intriguing that the usual Internet chatter on this particular matter is the source of it. We'll wait and see whether it comes true...

Joe Manganiello was Flash Thompson in Spider-Man.

The rumor didn't start with TOLDJA.

Manganiello let his wishes known to be cast since late Spring/early Summer while promoting Tru Blood, and his most recent appearance at a fan convention stating that he'd been in talks with the filmmakers.

I was starting to warm up to him. Why I dunno. But then I saw an interview with him.
I'll go with the gut-feeling. He's still not the right stuff IMO. I'm not gonna comment on his facial features, but his voice is pretty wrong, being quite harsh and nasal to the ears. Dont know if they could change it, but I'd prefer something natural and soft sounding. I dont want an actor to be covered up in various fx.

From me it's no to Joe.

I'd love to see him as LOBO though!

JAK®;19561954 said:
At the time, it sounded like Krasinski was just about cast as Cap, and it was fan backlash that made them turn to Evans. Which annoyed me.

That was a rumor put out by Fox 411 and was debunked the same day by Deadline Hollywood. Krasinski was never about to be cast as Cap. He did screen tests for the role. Nothing more...nothing less.

you talked on moviemoan that maybe we get casting news this week or next week.

that would be nice.

I think it was Gillberg (a poster here who is in the know) who said that most likely, WB is trying to place the Batman and Superman news near each other, just to create super hype.

wow! didn't know that Joe M. was Flash!!

and yes, I do hope we get some news ( casting or otherwise ) soon about this project.

I mean, it seems like a miracle that we finally got a director! lol

but it would be nice if we could get some more concrete info..........time to get this project going!!

I have to say I would be happy with Joe M as Superman. I think he has a good look and is a decent actor. Plus, he's a huge Superman fan.

I have to say I would be happy with Joe M as Superman. I think he has a good look and is a decent actor. Plus, he's a huge Superman fan.

AND a Steelers fan! HERE WE GO!

Joe being a Steelers fan is a bonus. :) Going for their 7th Super Bowl title in Dallas, suck on that Jerry Jones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"