The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try to imagine that the body suit isn't armor.
dcnu_superman_by_jprart-d3ipl4v2-1.jpg

Yeah, this is good. I actually like the retro look to the boots. :up:

I think it's actually the lines on the shoulders that make it look the most like armor to me.

they need to dye Cavill's hair...Superman doesn't have BROWN hair...it's black

I'm not too worried about that... I trust Snyder not to ignore something so simple as Superman's hair color.

I can't wait to see the entire manip'. ;)
Nice Superman, though I highly doubt Cavill will ever look this big in the super suit.

yup, it'll compliment the avengers group shot i did a while back, if i ever get it done...

he would need some roids and / a muscle suit to look that puffy for sure ;)

cavillsups.jpg
Just thought I would mess with this I like the original.

I never understood why Superman needed a cape and boots. I suppose it's to allude back to Roman, Greek, and Medieval warriors in classical civilizations. If Supes developed at least parts of the suit as Kryptonian armor it would make much more sense. Although I never liked the red underwear look with the belt. My design would eliminate those pieces.

I never understood why Superman needed a cape and boots. I suppose it's to allude back to Roman, Greek, and Medieval warriors in classical civilizations. If Supes developed at least parts of the suit as Kryptonian armor it would make much more sense. Although I never liked the red underwear look with the belt. My design would eliminate those pieces.

So, basically... just get rid of the costume entirely? :whatever:

.........this is all I have to say about this......

8wid: and that is what I thi...

The Rock: IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!

:funny:

So basically you think he should be wearing an all-in-one lycra blue bodysuit and nothing else?:doh:
I think you're following the wrong hero. Superman has had a red cape and trunks for over 70 years, it's kind of well established now.

the more i look at this, the more i agree with them revamping the suit. this just looks cheesy and out-dated. classic/iconic or not, it looks like a halloween costume, and i just can't take it seriously.

Updated classic version all the way. A good story with good action and people will love it. It's not like people were watching SR and saying look at his red panties. Take them away and they might say, the movie was good but where did his panties go?

The general audience overall won't care, as long as the suit looks good and recognizable as Superman; just like the comic reboot costume.

Except the comic reboot costume doesn't look good. Most fan manips on this board look much better than that thing.

The comic reboot costume looks fantastic and will likely be even better on screen.

The general audience overall won't care, as long as the suit looks good and recognizable as Superman; just like the comic reboot costume.
So the reason to change from the classic to the new DC one is because 'the general audience won't care'?
This is the problem. People who argue for the 'updated' design don't even think the new one looks good, they just say it's 'okay' or 'not bad'. A tweaked and perfected version of the classic would be more than 'okay'. Done well it would be a fantastic sight on screen.
The SR one was a bit underwhelming because it was too dull colour-wise and the materials were too heavy and rubbery. IMO it looked pretty good in certain shots. But the problems with the suit were nothing to do with elements of it (cape, trunks, boots) being 'dated' or 'cheesy'.
Sadly if they have decided to go with a redesign then all of the decisions will have been made by now.

p.s. I noticed that Snyder doesn't seem to use his Twitter account. If he did I would be bombarding him with pro-classic suit tweets by now.:woot:

So the reason to change from the classic to the new DC one is because 'the general audience won't care'?
Don't put words into my mouth thank you, I have enough of my own.
They can redesign the suit however they want without the trunks and it can look good, the audience won't care either way unless it looks stupid.
Nowhere did I say since the audience won't care, the suit should be changed. Pay attention.
p.s. I noticed that Snyder doesn't seem to use his Twitter account. If he did I would be bombarding him with pro-classic suit tweets by now.:woot:
Makes me like Snyder more. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"