The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, before anyone says anything yes, I'm aware Supergirl is blonde, this isn't really suppose to be her, this was an actual paying job someone wanted me to to. A young lady who's about to start working for IGN asked me to do a manip of her as a superhero, she wanted either a Superman costume or Batman costume so I chose the former because it was easier, or so I thought. The only images I had to use were a couple of happy snaps someone had taken at a comic convention of the new Superman costume, so it was a pain in the arse to create, plus I had to get this done in a day so I'm not all that happy with it, all I can see are errors. But I hope you all like it, she did!

http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/alexis_superhero_final.jpg

now THIS...is GOOD, blonde or not!

Because you're the only one who makes manips so I wouldn't know how difficult it is? I have no idea how long you took to make it. How long you spend on it is up to you.

I don't know why people are getting so upset. It's a criticism which I think is more than fair. If you had indestructible armor or just tough material, making a mini skirt out of it is impractical as a costume for combat.

The criticism might be fair in context if I was designing it to be a Supergirl costume from the actual film. This was a commission piece, there's a difference, it's not necessarily meant to be a MoS universe Supergirl costume, a young lady wanted herself manipulated into a superhero, that's what I did using the materials I had available to me.

A certain Sisqo song just popped into my head.

:oldrazz:

tumblr_lnomzeV4kM1qhcbi1o1_500.gif

The criticism might be fair in context if I was designing it to be a Supergirl costume from the actual film. This was a commission piece, there's a difference, it's not necessarily meant to be a MoS universe Supergirl costume, a young lady wanted herself manipulated into a superhero, that's what I did using the materials I had available to me.

Fair enough if that's what your client wanted. Others have interpreted it as a live-action costume so my comment was mainly responding to that.

Despite some flaws it's a good effort.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/016/9/7/mos_2013_ks_by_patokali-d5roxxz.jpg

Can you perhaps give him a more facial expression?

The massiveness of physique reminds me of Ed McGuiness as well as the All-Star superman, sort of overly sized catroon muscle look, which is a cool style for art.

Simply needs to have a new expression, the blank slate face could be more friendly with eyebrows and mouth.

OR if he is angry, more of an expression that shows that.

still think his hairdo is poor.

Ok, before anyone says anything yes, I'm aware Supergirl is blonde, this isn't really suppose to be her, this was an actual paying job someone wanted me to to. A young lady who's about to start working for IGN asked me to do a manip of her as a superhero, she wanted either a Superman costume or Batman costume so I chose the former because it was easier, or so I thought. The only images I had to use were a couple of happy snaps someone had taken at a comic convention of the new Superman costume, so it was a pain in the arse to create, plus I had to get this done in a day so I'm not all that happy with it, all I can see are errors. But I hope you all like it, she did!

alexis_superhero_final.jpg

Oh come on jmc, you gotta make Amber in that outfit, it would be perfect :woot::woot:

Not really a manip, but making good use of UK snow!...

67691_10151195794476479_1325093638_n.jpg

Just messin' with them trunks again...

55068710151435224354258.jpg

one of the things that hinders the trunks design so much is the angular design the yellow stripes are in. that's one of the flaws that the SR suit had as well. if the yellow wasn't so slanted to below the bottom stomach muscle, the belt line would look much better, and trunks would be more feasible

here's that same base picture, except with a higher waist line... as you can see it makes for a trunks design much easier to make

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Trunks don't help this suit at all. If anything it needs some red in the waist designs.

I don't like anything going on in the middle of the MOS Suit, but the rest of it is great.

i disagree with both of you, however you're entitled to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"