The Positive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will be a hit in quality. Not sure about the box office though.

Yeah, I think the film itself will be good, but wont actually be a big hit. Kinda like First Class.

But I think FOX is hoping the quality of the film will build enough good-will to warrant the second movie.

I agree with the timing thing, it was light and cheesy but people didn't want that at the time

Fox Is going with good and up and coming actors for reboot that allows more money on things like special effects. I think thing will be totally CGI this time.

The FF In 2005 was a hit film. It grossed 150 Million domesticly why else would they do a sequel?

They are going ultimate FF road to make it different than previous films.

if you're talking Mad Men era, then i agree. that's what i associate them with. their villains might fit into that era a little better; as well.

If it is the 60s then the Storm family dynamic should get a lot more interesting.

If they want a crossover with X-Men it;s going to be 1980's or present day

Lol what is this guy smoking? "superhero movies are popular right now therefore this one will be a huge hit! The first one was a moderate success but the last one flopped but thats because it was before iron man came out! The people want a hip, young superhero team because the Avengers are so last year!"

Wrong forum my friend. Get on out of here. It's not for us.

Actually what he was saying was the genre became Nolanised after 2005 and the light tone of the FF sequel didn't mesh with what people were into at the time.

It's happened again since then. The genre has become light toned again after the avengers and Man of Steel was too dark for what people wanted

Lol what is this guy smoking? "superhero movies are popular right now therefore this one will be a huge hit! The first one was a moderate success but the last one flopped but thats because it was before iron man came out! The people want a hip, young superhero team because the Avengers are so last year!"

That's cool, I guess...
cat-nail-file.gif

I was always cautiously optimistic but seeing DOFP has given me faith in Simon Kinberg.

Entirely different set of & better people around Kinberg for DOFP compared to this one

Last edited:
Sorry, I forgot to put a question mark at the end of my previous post.

Sorry, I forgot to put a question mark at the end of my previous post.

Because over the past few years, Fox has proved that they value their Marvel IP more than Sony does. That's why this thread exists.

Also, The Amazing Spider-Man 3 is one of those films where I expect to be pleasantly surprised but brace for the worst.

I got nothing. :csad:

You have Josh Trank directing who lot of people in hollywood wanted after
Chronicle.

Simon Kinberg who wrote DOFP who has a 92 on RT from crtics and 95 from
Audences rewrote script

Matthew Vaughn Is producing as Is The WOlverine and DOFP producer
Hutch Parker

You have a talented cast.

Tone has been described as cross between Chronicles and first 2 Rami Spider-man films.The rami SPider-man compession should intrigue people.

How the studio has promoted this so far in encouraging..........

You have Josh Trank directing who lot of people in hollywood wanted after
Chronicle.

Simon Kinberg who wrote DOFP who has a 92 on RT from crtics and 95 from
Audences rewrote script

Matthew Vaughn Is producing as Is The WOlverine and DOFP producer
Hutch Parker

You have a talented cast.

Tone has been described as cross between Chronicles and first 2 Rami Spider-man films.The rami SPider-man compession should intrigue people.

Right! The cast is amazing! All 6 of them. :dry:

The positive response the DOFP is getting (I'll see it this weekend hopefully).Give me more hope for this movie.The only thing close to news that I've seen so far is on twitter people talking about how they've seen cast members around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"