The Positive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tired of being negative with themselves I suppose.

You have Josh Trank directing who lot of people in hollywood wanted after
Chronicle.

Simon Kinberg who wrote DOFP who has a 92 on RT from crtics and 95 from
Audences rewrote script

Matthew Vaughn Is producing as Is The WOlverine and DOFP producer
Hutch Parker

You have a talented cast.

Tone has been described as cross between Chronicles and first 2 Rami Spider-man films.The rami SPider-man compession should intrigue people.

:up:

I don't see how the total of that could spell out the travesty some know the movie will be. At worst the movie will be disappointing but still okay

How the studio has promoted this so far in encouraging..........

It's still a year away. Ant-Man hasn't had any promotion yet and that's a 2015 CBM

The FF just went into production this month.DOFP only recieved early promation due to
Bryan Singer on Twitter.

Fox may release pics at comic Con or something then.

It's still a year away. Ant-Man hasn't had any promotion yet and that's a 2015 CBM

Ant-Man has already been advertised at Comic-Con and in a television special. The special in particular was watched by over four million people live. Michael Douglas also announced his involvement in a fairly high profile manner.

The FF just went into production this month.DOFP only recieved early promation due to
Bryan Singer on Twitter.

Fox may release pics at comic Con or something then.

Dragonball Evolution had more news at this stage in its production, and that's the same studio without Brian Singer involvement.

Wasn't that a test-footage thing that was done to pitch the idea to the studio? Done before the movie was green-lit

Wasn't that a test-footage thing that was done to pitch the idea to the studio? Done before the movie was green-lit

It was test footage, but they've been using it to promote the film. That's actually fairly common with initial teasers. IIRC, Godzilla was announced to the general public with some sort of test footage. Age of Ultron was promoted with concept drawings in the same special that featured Ant-Man.

It was test footage, but they've been using it to promote the film. That's actually fairly common with initial teasers. IIRC, Godzilla was announced to the general public with some sort of test footage. Age of Ultron was promoted with concept drawings in the same special that featured Ant-Man.

Thats good for Marvel but Fox doesn't do that. Thats not how they run their business and thats perfectly fine.

Thats good for Marvel but Fox doesn't do that. Thats not how they run their business and thats perfectly fine.

Since when is that not how they run their business? They're already making casting announcements for their 2016 X-film and they're already talking about spin-offs. Fantastic Four is the exception, not the rule.

I don't really follow too many films but I followed DOFP from the day it was announced. I never saw concept art released by fox test footage or anything like that. The only way I knew anything was because of Bryan Singer who posted images on his twitter account.

Yeah Fox is not doing anything different than any other film make. I've followed X3, First Class and DoFP from their inceptions. This hasn't been the slightest bit different.

Yeah Fox is not doing anything different than any other film make. I've followed X3, First Class and DoFP from their inceptions. This hasn't been the slightest bit different.

Exactly.Fox releases photos when they are ready.Not because they start production.

For those who claime the FF Is destined to flop

I remember those claiming fox had no Intrest In making this film

They said Filming would never start

Without seeing a single frame of footage convinced film will bomb

Remember all those claiming quicksilver In DOFP would be terrable?Now they are all like we never said that.

It's been clear as day this film would be based on ultimate FF.Like Amazing Spider-man is based more on ultimate Spider-man and avengers at least first film Is more based on ultimates.ASm2's problems come because of script and direction not because of ultimate influence.

Despite critics and fans liking DOFP better domesticly will almost certinly do less than Last Stand.Critism from long time trekkers didn't hurt Star Trek Into Darkness.This reboot will depend on what GA think.Those that didn't dismiss film as soon as it was announced because Fox and not Disney Is making it.

We saw some concept art with the first F4 movie....and footage that was stolen from the set...lol

I think people are just wondering why no one that lives in Baton Rouge, certainly not that large of a city hasn't seen anything, heard anything, etc. Up in Vancouver we had extra's coming onto the forum, etc...just different from the last go around.

We also had ET talking about the filming starting, etc....just not a lot being talked about.

I think it's really interesting that Fox are going lower-budget.

To be negative for a moment: The FF comics have not sold well in a long time. They are honored as the first family, but they don't seem to be anyone's favorite, like an Iron Man, or even a Deadpool. From the movie perspective after the Story duology, the brand is tainted, not as bad as say, GL, but enough for people to think "hey, isn't that that boring team with Jessica Alba on it?" Which will keep many people from seeing anything about it. So you have FF as a low selling property.

I think the most brilliant thing Fox has done is keep costs down while keep quality. They got Trank who knows how to make a huge high quality action fest on almost no money, and is also cheap himself because he's new, they got four really really good actors who are cheap because they have no name recognition, and they're filming in Louisiana which can occasionally dip into third world country levels of development.

That's a lot of quality for a little money, that's the kind of things that has to be incredibly intentional. I figure this thing comes in under $100M for budget at about 80-90 and RT, and pulls in $300M worldwide.

I suspect the marketing will come in the last six months before release. We'll probably get the teaser with Kingsman in October of Mockingjay in November, and a full trailer at the beginning of the New Year with a few select posters and a web marketing thing.

Can we do the same with X-Men 1? How about with Prometheus, another Fox reboot-ish thing.

Exactly.Fox releases photos when they are ready.Not because they start production.

For those who claime the FF Is destined to flop

I remember those claiming fox had no Intrest In making this film

They said Filming would never start

Without seeing a single frame of footage convinced film will bomb

Remember all those claiming quicksilver In DOFP would be terrable?Now they are all like we never said that.

It's been clear as day this film would be based on ultimate FF.Like Amazing Spider-man is based more on ultimate Spider-man and avengers at least first film Is more based on ultimates.ASm2's problems come because of script and direction not because of ultimate influence.

Despite critics and fans liking DOFP better domesticly will almost certinly do less than Last Stand.Critism from long time trekkers didn't hurt Star Trek Into Darkness.This reboot will depend on what GA think.Those that didn't dismiss film as soon as it was announced because Fox and not Disney Is making it.

:up: :up: :up:

It seems that every time a deadline passes a newer deadline pops up, every time one of these predictions proves false newer predictions of doom come along.

At some point, probably after the first trailer, people will have to realise that the movie is happening.

One of the following four scenarios will play out:

1. The movie will be critical and commercial success.
  2. The movie will be a critical success but a commercial disappointment to bomb
  3. The movie will be a critical failure but a financial success
  4. The movie will be both a critical failure and financial failure.

No sane judgement can be made yet as we have no footage or images or anything official aside from the cast.

But none of those four scenarios will result in the rights changing hands. I as a fan of the team am hoping for either #1 or #3 above, for those who want scenario #4 well if that happens then there'll be no more F4 movies for another decade or so

If its take it or leave it with fox. I will leave it & take option #4. Most fans have no interest in seeing this movie. If fox is hell bent on this version. fox will have a hard time with this movie. The word of mouth with the fan base alone will be against it

Last edited:
If its take it or leave it with fox. I will leave it & take option #4. Most fans have no interest in seeing this movie. If fox is hell bent on this version. fox will have a hard time with this movie. The word of mouth with the fan base alone will be against it

Which is crazy to make this abomination. There is absolutely no hype for this film at all. None!

That is one character compared to how fox is messing with an entire time here. fox will not get lucky with this one & everything else surrounding Quicksilver was good so that also helped

That is one character compared to how fox is messing with an entire time here. fox will not get lucky with this one & everything else surrounding Quicksilver was good so that also helped

But they aren't messing with the entire team. Johnny and his Father look different and that's it. The Thing will most likely be motion-captured, their ages match the comics that this is based on, we haven't seen their powers to know if they're wrong, we haven't seen their costumes to know if they're wrong, it's all jumping to conclusions based on very little.

So for you you'd prefer no F4 film at all when there's an option for a great F4 film coming?

And let's be honest here, as much as you guys say it, there is absolutely no certainty the movie will be bad. On the contrary going by recent trends with the studio means the movie by all rights should be good at the very least.

If most fans have no interest in it then they ain't fans. Other movies have changed as much from the source and people loved them, this should be no different.

Last edited:
I'll be positive:

As a non-Comic book fan, I don't care that Johnny Storm is black and Sue is white (while we don't know for sure, my guess is that they are step siblings, with Sue taking up his step father's last name of Storm. Again it's only a guess). I'm not too upset that Miles Teller is Reed Richards, but his role in the Divergent sequel concerns me a bit. My preference had been Reed played by an actor who's similar in age to Fassbender and McAvoy, but I am fine with Teller. If anything he's similar in age to Hoult, who I like as Beast in DOFP.

I have really no opinion on Bell as Ben Grimm, but he's done CGI work before and the role requires a lot of CGI.

The fact that there are only 7 actors at this point does concern me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"