Days of Future Past The Rotten Tomatoes Score Prediction Thread - Part 1

X-Men is headed on the right track, if one thing is clear is that the audiences are responding to superhero teams. The X-Men franchise is one of the oldest running superhero movies and they have yet to completely reboot it. So them exploring their characters in a younger environment is a fresh way to continue the franchise. Movies like Dead pool and Gambit long with Apocalypse is what might make the X-Men franchise a hit in the USA finally. Overseas it is doing great, but domestically is where it needs the most help. The return of the original cast brought some eyes back to the franchise, but now it is Apocalypse turn to really bring it home. That team work dynamic that really attracts the audience should be explored in Apocalypse with the cast that they have. X-Men Days of Future past to me felt more directed to past x-men movie fans since understanding of the past movies was sort of required in a way. Apocalypse should work to expand to newer audiences or the same people who like the team movies.

Last edited:
I really wanted X-men DOFP to remain the number one cbm though. (Box office wise)

It would have been so nice for the X-Men to be the highest grossing CBM of the year (well I think it will be, overseas) but the film is already a success. You know what I just look at this way, in the music industry, my favorite artists always get outsold by new artists, but that doesn't make me less appreciate my favorite artists. The film is already successful, its the biggest X-Men film to date and for a film that has been going for 14 years (not a lot of franchises, especially comic-book film franchises can last that long without doing a reboot), we are gonna get 3 more films in just 2 years and probably more in the next 5 years. X-Men: Days of Future Past had more competition anyway and it didn't even get an IMAX release. If the film benefited from an IMAX release and less competition, it would probably have crossed the 800 million mark.

Rotten Tomatoes surely added a ton of new reviews this January 2nd.

Last time I checked, it only had 237 reviews and now its 254.

Yeah its really bizarre that 17 new reviews were added on january 2nd. Anyhow, I know it's not a big deal, but I really wanted DOFP to remain at 92%. Just feels like the right percentage you know?

It is still a great film, just watched it this morning.

I was thinking about how different it would have been without the Quicksilver scene. He is awesome, to bad he may not be back in Xmen: AoA

Yeah its really bizarre that 17 new reviews were added on january 2nd. Anyhow, I know it's not a big deal, but I really wanted DOFP to remain at 92%. Just feels like the right percentage you know?

That happens alot. The actual score averages for critics of 7.6 and 7.8 didn't change at all. And the top Critic meter is 94%. So it really doesn't matter.

While the meter is a solid indication of if critics enjoyed it or not, it isn't really an exact representation of how they high they rated it. A 3 out of 5 star rating could be considered rotten at times. Just being a few percentages higher or lower in the meter really doesn't matter. If that average score dropped down, that would be a bigger hit imo.

That top critic meter of 94% is beautiful to look at! I think its the only X-Men movie to get a top critic rating over 80%.

It's best reviewed comic book film of 2014

even knocked to 91% it still tied with GOTG

and DOFP close in score to these comic book classics and hits

Superman 94%
The Dark Knight 94%
Spider-man 2 94%
Iron Man 93%
The Avengers 92%

and DOFP close in score to these comic book classics and hits

Superman 94%
The Dark Knight 94%
Spider-man 2 94%
Iron Man 93%
The Avengers 92%

And it only needs four more positive reviews to get back to 92%. I don't know if there are any more reviews out there that haven't been posted to RT yet.

How is it the best reviewed comic film if it's tied with GOTG? GOTG's overall Average score is actually a bit higher at 7.7 vs DOFPS 7.6. DOFP definitely has the higher top critic though.

The best reviewed comic film of 2014 is actually none of the Marvel comic films, it's Snowpiercer. Which has a 94% with an 8.1 average score.

Last edited:
How is it the best reviewed comic film if it's tied with GOTG? GOTG's overall Average score is actually a bit higher at 7.7 vs DOFPS 7.6. DOFP definitely has the higher top critic though.

The best reviewed comic film of 2014 is actually none of the Marvel comic films, it's Snowpiercer. Which has a 94% with an 8.1 average score.

It's all subjective at this point (as far as Marvel films)

X-Men: 91%, 7.6/10
GOTG: 91%, 7.7/10
Cap 2: 89%, 7.5/10

You can argue any of these are the best Marvel films this year. For me, X-Men is the best. Followed by Cap 2, then GOTG.

A case could even be made to debate them this way: Top Critics scores.

X-Men: 94%, 7.8
Cap 2: 81%, 7.5
GOTG: 85%, 7.7

Again, they're all great Marvel films.

I completely agree about it being subjective. Those scores are all way too close to have a definitive "best reviewed of the year" Marvel comics winner this year. GOTG and DOFP have been almost exactly tied in average for quite some time. With the only difference being a .1 score or a 1% meter depending on the month. That's nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"