The RPG Soapbox: Let your voice be heard!

Trek, sure, it's been dead a long time (thanks a lot, JB :cmad:). FTPO...I guess. I've been wanting to apply for a character for a while, but can't guarantee I'll have time. And he won't turn it around.

Zombie just got started. Why you be hatin' on Bill Murray?

Trek, sure. It's FTPO...I guess. I've been wanting to apply for a character for a while, but can't guarantee I'll have time. And it won't turn it around.

Zombie just got started.

I'll mourn the loss of FTPO. It was a great idea that just never gained much traction with the masses here.

Personally, I think it should be a clean sweep. If the other two are going to have their final season, Marvel should as well. That way there's a completely new slate once the new regime starts.

Along with the clean sweep, we need to clear all old threads out.

I'll mourn the loss of FTPO. It was a great idea that just never gained much traction with the masses here.

Yeah. Johnny Blaze and I had actually worked out a pretty cool arc to keep the game going, but then the martians took him to Pluto for an interstellar orgy.

Yeah. Johnny Blaze and I had actually worked out a pretty cool arc to keep the game going, but then the martians took him to Pluto for an interstellar orgy.

I just feel like there were never enough popular characters to keep people interested, and after the novelty wore off, they just dropped the characters.

But like I've said before, once OU ends, I plan on bringing up a game that includes DC, Marvel, and Independents, but that's obviously a long ways away.

I'm bombarding RPG advertising sites with this ad:

Do you enoy writing?

Do you enjoy RPing?

Do you enjoy interacting with top-notch writers in a tight-knit community?

If you said yes to any one of these, then the Hype RPGs may be for you!

The Superhero Hype RPGs, home to some of the internet's finest writer's since 2003. It has it all. Thrills, chills, spills, and superheroes! Want to play a super-powered vigilante? We have it here! Want to play a Jedi? We have it here! Would you even like to play the survivor of a hellish zombie apocalypse?! Then we that here too!

Our link is here: http://forums.superherohype.com/forumdisplay.php?f=353

The Hype RPGs, where your only limit is your imagination!
Hopefully it'll bear fruit.

And with that, I've just moved the Star Trek, FTPO, Pokemon, and Ultimatum Universe RPG's to the Archives section.

They won't hurt us anymore. :csad:

You're such a smoree.

Such a sexy, sexy smoree.

I'm the goddamn Don Draper of these RPGs. Now get me a smoke, a stiff drink, and lift up my secretary's skirt for me. Daddy's in the mood.

I'm bombarding RPG advertising sites with this ad:

Hopefully it'll bear fruit.

Sounds good.

And with that, I've just moved the Star Trek, FTPO, Pokemon, and Ultimatum Universe RPG's to the Archives section.

RIP:csad:

EDIT: Hey MB, you wanna sticky this thread?

Last edited:
I'm the goddamn Don Draper of these RPGs. Now get me a smoke, a stiff drink, and lift up my secretary's skirt for me. Daddy's in the mood.

I always thought of you more like Dan Stark.

Feel kinda bad for contributing to Pokemon's death. I had a lot of fun with Lt. Surge but just ran out of steam. :csad:

Ah, well.

*tosses live Raichu in deep grave and begins shoveling dirt onto it.*

I'd like to discuss the concept of standard Season lengths. I think it could be very beneficial. Start the Seasons in the early summer, run all the way through fall, take maybe a two or three week break around the holidays, and wrap it up in spring. RPGs seem to drag when people don't know when they're going to end, so a more rigid structure would be beneficial.

I also support longer times between Seasons, as it allows you to plan your next Season a bit more thoroughly - as well as giving you the option to go dabble in the one-shot RPGs for fun.

Totally agreed on the first part, but I don't think you'll get many people who agree on that second part. I actually got more complaints that four days was too long of a wait to start the next season of Ultimate.

I'd like to discuss the concept of standard Season lengths. I think it could be very beneficial. Start the Seasons in the early summer, run all the way through fall, take maybe a two or three week break around the holidays, and wrap it up in spring. RPGs seem to drag when people don't know when they're going to end, so a more rigid structure would be beneficial.

I also support longer times between Seasons, as it allows you to plan your next Season a bit more thoroughly - as well as giving you the option to go dabble in the one-shot RPGs for fun.

I agree wholeheartedly on both points.

I also believe having a set end-date will cut down on posting lulls.

Ok, speaking of rigid seasons...

...do we start all games around the same time, or stagger them so they're not overlapping?

...what's the best way to schedule around school?

...should we take time off at mid-season to give everyone a breather?

...how do we deal with games like Murder Mystery that are only designed to last a couple of months?

I also support longer times between seasons.

What's the point of taking a break between seasons if it's only going to be a few days? Since a lot of people take a couple of days between posts, it's not like anything's really changing.

A break should at least be a couple of weeks. If we're starting near the beginning of the calendar year, I say take the entire month of December off (or the four weeks around Christmas/New Years).

People should be chomping at the bit to come back and play. How do you drum up excitement?

I agree with both points. I think part of the reason CAH is experiencing such a lull is that it transitioned too quickly from Season 2 to Season 3. People complaining about too long of a wait is a good thing IMO, as it means they're still interested.

Ok, speaking of rigid seasons...

...do we start all games around the same time, or stagger them so they're not overlapping?

I think the one, full season games should all start at the same time, and voting on the next ones should start a month before that. That way, once one ends, the next one is in line to replace it.

I do think summer is the best time to start, though. It gives the games a strong foot to start off on since it's the busiest time of the year around here.

...what's the best way to schedule around school?

I don't think it matters. It's always going to be there, and there's not enough months off year round for us to schedule around school completely.

But as I said above, I think starting off in the beginning of June gives us the best benefits.

...should we take time off at mid-season to give everyone a breather?

I don't like that personally. Maybe a week off during Christmas and New Years, but not much more than that.

...how do we deal with games like Murder Mystery that are only designed to last a couple of months?

No breaks. And if the boards can handle them, they can start whenever and end when they are complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"