The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I wonder if he will be "THE GOBLIN" of this series, or just continue being Harry while Norman takes over? Hmm...

I have absolutely no idea what else they could possibly do with Harry. They would've already shown his friendship with Peter, his descent into darkness, him becoming a Goblin, and on top of that killing Gwen. He and Peter would probably never be able to mend fences because of Gwen's death. So what would that mean? Does Harry remain a background 'villain' for the rest of the franchise ? I would prefer that when Gwen dies, the Goblin dies too. Harry's death could also give Norman some extra motivation for taking over the mantle in TASM3, and I can't even begin to imagine the type of confrontation that Norman and Peter would have if both Gwen and Harry were killed.

I'm fairly sure we'll see Norman as a second Goblin in TASM 3, but also think we'll see Goblin Harry again as well. That might seem like 'Goblin overkill', but if Goblin Norman is significantly different from Goblin Harry (which he very well might/could be should that spoiler about his fate prove to be accurate), it would be real neat to see Pete have to take down two Goblins at the same time.

I'm fairly sure we'll see Norman as a second Goblin in TASM 3, but also think we'll see Goblin Harry again as well. That might seem like 'Goblin overkill', but if Goblin Norman is significantly different from Goblin Harry (which he very well might/could be should that spoiler about his fate prove to be accurate), it would be real neat to see Pete have to take down two Goblins at the same time.

See, I want to see Harry try and redeem himself by trying to help Peter take down his father. The Hobgoblin story in the Ultimate Comics is AWESOME. I love when Harry and Norman duke it out.

Pair with the guy who murdered you loved one?

I can't see this happening and i dont wanna see it,but who knows?

Pair with the guy who murdered you loved one?

I can't see this happening and i dont wanna see it,but who knows?

Note my use of the word "try." That means he wants to make amends, regardless of Peter's feelings towards him. He could also be angry at his father for manipulating him, resulting in his use of the goblin serum, falling off his rocker, and killing Gwen (intentionally or not).

Lol man i saw the "try", i would be cool if he helps without Peter knowing because i don't see how Peter would accept his help after all, father goblin vs son goblin that could work somehow but right now i'm not much eager to see it.

Lol man i saw the "try", i would be cool if he helps without Peter knowing because i don't see how Peter would accept his help after all, father goblin vs son goblin that could work somehow but right now i'm not much eager to see it.

Have you read the USM Hobgoblin arc? If not, read it and you may very well change your mind. It's one of my favorite USM stories.

Peter wouldn't work with Harry after he killed his gf, I'd be surprised if he could even look at Harry let alone try and work with him

Harry would have killed the girl he loved and Peter will want Harry either dead or to beat the crap out of him

I highly doubt that Harry and Pete's relationship would be repairable if Harry's actions either directly or indirectly cause Gwen's death.

Have you read the USM Hobgoblin arc? If not, read it and you may very well change your mind. It's one of my favorite USM stories.

Its been a long time since i read USM but i don't remember that arc, if i find it i will give a read but if you could tell me did Harry harm someone close to Peter?Its a redemption arc?

Peter wouldn't work with Harry after he killed his gf, I'd be surprised if he could even look at Harry let alone try and work with him

I'm not saying Peter would want to work with Harry. I'm saying Harry would want to make amends. Atone for his sins. Harry has a redemption story in the 616 comics. Why not one here? It would be under different circumstances, but it is a plausible idea given the proper treatment.

Its been a long time since i read USM but i don't remember that arc, if i find it i will give a read but if you could tell me did Harry harm someone close to Peter?Its a redemption arc?

No, it's not a redemption arc. That's just an element I enjoy and would like to see on the big screen.

I'm not saying Peter would want to work with Harry. I'm saying Harry would want to make amends. Atone for his sins. Harry has a redemption story in the 616 comics. Why not one here? It would be under different circumstances, but it is a plausible idea given the proper treatment.

Yep he could help somehow without Peter knowing,he is not trying to repair their relantionship he is trying to redeem himself, this could be cool.

Yep he could help somehow without Peter knowing,he is not trying to repair their relantionship he is trying to rede em himself, this could be cool.

Right. Like he feels guilty and doesn't want to be remembered as the villain or something. It's just a desire of mine. I'd be fine if they did something else (and they most likely will). I just think a redemption arc with some father/son confrontation could be cool to see. :)

Right. Like he feels guilty and doesn't want to be remembered as the villain or something. It's just a desire of mine. I'd be fine if they did something else (and they most likely will). I just think a redemption arc with some father/son confrontation could be cool to see. :)

I'm with you :up:

I like that idea. :up:

I can't see Peter ever wanting to work with Harry if he's responsible for Gwen's death. It depends how the serum effects him. If it totally warps his mind into some lunatic to which Harry has no control over it, then possibly. However, if he's consciously making the decision to do so, not a chance.

I think even when Harry transforms back into his human self, he is still going to be bat**** insane. When Connors turned into his human form he was still not himself.

I can't see Peter ever wanting to work with Harry if he's responsible for Gwen's death. It depends how the serum effects him. If it totally warps his mind into some lunatic to which Harry has no control over it, then possibly. However, if he's consciously making the decision to do so, not a chance.

Again, assuming we're still talking about my fanboy desire/idea, it isn't about whether or not Peter wants to accept Harry's help. It's about how Harry feels in the aftermath. If he wants to atone, he may try to help Peter regardless of his feelings.

I think even when Harry transforms back into his human self, he is still going to be bat**** insane. When Connors turned into his human form he was still not himself.

Here is one of the deleted scenes I wish was in the movie.
[YT]dyK6gtWoHZ4[/YT]

Here is one of the deleted scenes I wish was in the movie.
[YT]dyK6gtWoHZ4[/YT]
I agree. This really showed his "human" side even when he was infected with the Lizard serum. Instead we got the alternative scene where they hinted at his "split personality."

I agree. This really showed his "human" side even when he was infected with the Lizard serum. Instead we got the alternative scene where they hinted at his "split personality."

This movie could've blown the 2nd movie out of the water had it not been for the lame character arc we got for lizard,the crappy Peter sneaking into the spider room scene and the cliched villian world domination plan for anyone to see.

What's wrong with the Peter sneaking into the spider room scene?

Sorry, little late to the party. But a couple of screenshots have me torn, quite frankly.

Of course there's this one. Which convinced me pretty much instantly:
image.png
But then there's this one. Which just as quickly unconvinced me:
image.png

Can someone catch me up on the debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members