The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i just popped in... Im seeing a "hit" and "pulled webbing off"

Of course there's a fall... But what is actually doing the deed? Is it like the books with a fall, web catch and a snap? Possible blame on peter....?

I don't know.

I say it's the snap but others are saying she hits the floor.

The scene moved a bit fast and it was sudden so I can't be sure.

She is falling and Spidey shoots the web, but (I think) he is falling as well and when the web hits Gwen he suddenly shoots a webline to stop his fall and he grabs on a pole, stopping him. Gwen's almost near the ground and the line stops her, but due to how fast she was going, her back arches and we (well I did) hear the snap.

But the way she arches I guess that "Snap" could have been a "WHACK", but I'm not 100%.

When I see it again I'll look closer! :oldrazz:

According to the info I've seen, [blackout]Gwen impacts the ground despite Pete webbing her to try and stop her fall.[/blackout]

According to the info I've seen, [blackout]Gwen impacts the ground despite Pete webbing her to try and stop her fall.[/blackout]

Well that's why I'm not sure because when it happened, I was 100% sure it was a snap, but now? Not so sure. :oldrazz:

She is falling and Spidey shoots the web, but (I think) he is falling as well and when the web hits Gwen he suddenly shoots a webline to stop his fall and he grabs on a pole, stopping him. Gwen's almost near the ground and the line stops her, but due to how fast she was going, her back arches and we (well I did) hear the snap.

But the way she arches I guess that "Snap" could have been a "WHACK", but I'm not 100%.

When I see it again I'll look closer! :oldrazz:

The back arching sounds like her back may have broken. If she hit the ground wouldn't there be alot of blood?

The back arching sounds like her back may have broken. If she hit the ground wouldn't there be alot of blood?

If I could find the bootleg scene I'd watch it too make sure! XD

But when I saw it in theatres I was 100% it was a snap. Imma stick to that for now.

I could see people mistaken it for the ground if the view was looking down when it happened

I could see people mistaken it for the ground if the view was looking down when it happened

We see it from the side.

Also, when the web hits her she stops and is like a few inches off the ground, but it looks like her head hit the floor but I'm not 100% sure if it does.

Not necessarily. If [blackout]Gwen fell horizontally and the back of her head impacted the ground, she could've suffered an internal brain hemorrhage caused by the impact without her skull being crushed (which is why there would he blood).[/blackout]

She is bleeding from her nose, but could a neck snap cause nose bleeds?

Does anybody want to check? Who has enemies!? :oldrazz: just kidding.

Not necessarily. If [blackout]Gwen fell horizontally and the back of her head impacted the ground, she could've suffered an internal brain hemorrhage caused by the impact without her skull being crushed (which is why there would he blood).[/blackout]
The human head holds alot of blood. If your head hits first getting the brunt it'd smash, and there would be quite alot of blood...

She is bleeding from her nose

If she's [blackout]bleeding from the nose, she probably impacted her face on something as she fell.[/blackout]

The human head holds alot of blood. If your head hits first getting the brunt it'd smash, and there would be quite alot of blood...

An impact would not necessarily crack the skull, which is what would cause there to be external bleeding.

Last edited:
^ If she's [blackout]bleeding from the nose, she probably impacted her face on something as she fell.[/blackout]

Not really. Bloody noses can be caused by quite alot ..... Broken nose, internal pressure, external damage...

You could get one from a brain hemorrhage or a broken neck in all honesty.

An impact would not necessarily crack the skull, which is what would cause there to be external bleeding.

depends on how hard she hit... Sounds like she would have hit pretty hard from what I've read

^ If she's [blackout]bleeding from the nose, she probably impacted her face on something as she fell.[/blackout]

Let me make a diagram of the shot.

This is kinda how it looks, so she couldn't have impacted her face on anything (unless it fell on her lol).

Untitled_zps8c4e4320.png

^ [blackout]Then if she's bleeding from the nose, it was likely caused by the impact, as a broken neck would not, as far as I can find, cause one to bleed from their nose.[/blackout]

depends on how hard she hit... Sounds like she would have hit pretty hard from what I've read
Even a hard impact would not necessarily crack the skull.

^ [blackout]Then if she's bleeding from the nose, it was likely caused by the impact, as a broken neck would not, as far as I can find, cause one to bleed from their nose.[/blackout]

It could be both. Neck just depends on damage. But it could be a hemorrhage as well the ground looks close. And the snap if her back arching likely would have the force smashing the back of her head on the ground.

The hips took the force, arching her back and could have rubberband her legs and head right into the ground...

If the ground was that close it is likely she hit her head, but whiplash of the neck would have also still happened and from the force its even possible she broke her back

^ [blackout]She probably died from a combination of different causes, but it sounds like the primary cause was her head and body impacting the ground before Pete could catch her with webbing.[/blackout]

^ [blackout]She probably died from a combination of different causes, but it sounds like the primary cause was her head and body impacting the ground before Pete could catch her with webbing.[/blackout]

General Question: Have you seen the movie yet? :oldrazz:

Topic: I really am not seeing why people think her body hits the ground, it's pretty clear to me that the web line stops her so suddenly and she was only inches from the ground.

I really am not seeing why people think her body hits the ground, it's pretty clear to me that the web line stops her so suddenly and she was only inches from the ground.

[blackout]If she were as close to hitting the ground as it sounds, the force of her movement being arrested by the webbing would create the same kind of damage as if her head and body had in fact impacted.[/blackout]

General Question: Have you seen the movie yet? :oldrazz:

Topic: I really am not seeing why people think her body hits the ground, it's pretty clear to me that the web line stops her so suddenly and she was only inches from the ground.

I've seen the movie and...
to me it was quite clear (by sound and looks) that her head hit the ground and that killed her.
I am not really theorizing it just looked like that to me on the theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"