The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, little late to the party. But a couple of screenshots have me torn, quite frankly.

Of course there's this one. Which convinced me pretty much instantly:
image.png
But then there's this one. Which just as quickly unconvinced me:
image.png

Can someone catch me up on the debate?

The shot of Peter saving Gwen with the web, definitely comes before the shot of him crying.

Rewatched Never Let Me Go, and I'm thinking if Andrew screams like he did in that this could be the saddest cbm moment (if it happens of course). Seeing Spider-man scream like that would actually be kind of shocking

The shot of Peter saving Gwen with the web, definitely comes before the shot of him crying.

I believe that. I suppose what I'm asking is could there be any other reason for him to cry like that in this movie? (Harry "dies," Norman "dies," he discovers some crazy truth about his parents, possibly he's in severe physical pain).

Furthermore, what are the odds that Gwen is saved from falling (as shown in the second photo) and then falls again and dies just minutes later?

Thoughts?

Rewatched Never Let Me Go, and I'm thinking if Andrew screams like he did in that this could be the saddest cbm moment (if it happens of course). Seeing Spider-man scream like that would actually be kind of shocking

I'm ready to literally get all tear eyed while my lady comforts me. I feel we are going to witness one of the most powerful moments in any superhero ever coming next May.

I'm ready to literally get all tear eyed while my lady comforts me. I feel we are going to witness one of the most powerful moments in any superhero ever coming next May.

Here's to hoping, it definitely has the potential to be.

Can't find that on YouTube. But it seems like a similar performance?

I feel that way too. I always said if they ever kill Gwen, the very one thing I'm looking forward to is Andrew's performance. That's it. He knows people will be watching. So let's see what he's got haha. I mean I already know he's good but what will he bring.

Andrews a hell of an actor, I know he can pull this scene off.

I believe that. I suppose what I'm asking is could there be any other reason for him to cry like that in this movie? (Harry "dies," Norman "dies," he discovers some crazy truth about his parents, possibly he's in severe physical pain).

Furthermore, what are the odds that Gwen is saved from falling (as shown in the second photo) and then falls again and dies just minutes later?

Thoughts?

Here's the thing...

Webb needs to trick us or surprise us, at least a little, right?

For example, we may first see Gwen, in her deathday suit (that's the new name for it), at the bridge. Oh no, it's about to happen, us fanboys would think...

And then it doesn't. Webb got us, right.

Of course, he likely didn't expect (while filming and editing) the idiots in Marketing to take all of this good stuff and just put it out there for us fanboys to see...

So next, he'll have Gwen fall and Peter cast his web. Again, all of us fanboys will be like "here it really comes", and again, nope. When we see her at the end of the web it's not her lifeless body, but those gorgeous eyes looking up at us. Again, Webb got us, that tricky devil!

But then, from behind, the Goblin comes flying in and attacks Spidey. He either loses hold of the web, or it gets caught on the moving cog. Spidey and Goblin battle with the audience seeing that the web is only moments away from being severed. Spidey does something incredible and defeats Gobbie with only a millisecond to spare. Grabs the web and peers over the edge...

Gwen is no longer on the other end or is plummeting to her death, and Spidey is powerless to stop it from happening.

There won't be a dry eye in the place!

Garfield is one of the greatest actors of his generation. The fact that he seems to be a genuine and hardcore Spider-Man fan prior to actually getting the part plus that he looks literally just like the Peter Parker is mind boggling to me.

It's incredible how from the trailers alone, I can see Andrew immersed in the role of Peter Parker. Dude literally was born for this role.

Garfield is one of the greatest actors of his generation. The fact that he seems to be a genuine and hardcore Spider-Man fan prior to actually getting the part plus that he looks literally just like the Peter Parker is mind boggling to me.

It's incredible how from the trailers alone, I can see Andrew immersed in the role of Peter Parker. Dude literally was born for this role.

:up: It really is great having him as Spider-man. He's very passionate.

Here's the thing...

Webb needs to trick us or surprise us, at least a little, right?

For example, we may first see Gwen, in her deathday suit (that's the new name for it), at the bridge. Oh no, it's about to happen, us fanboys would think...

And then it doesn't. Webb got us, right.

Of course, he likely didn't expect (while filming and editing) the idiots in Marketing to take all of this good stuff and just put it out there for us fanboys to see...

So next, he'll have Gwen fall and Peter cast his web. Again, all of us fanboys will be like "here it really comes", and again, nope. When we see her at the end of the web it's not her lifeless body, but those gorgeous eyes looking up at us. Again, Webb got us, that tricky devil!

But then, from behind, the Goblin comes flying in and attacks Spidey. He either loses hold of the web, or it gets caught on the moving cog. Spidey and Goblin battle with the audience seeing that the web is only moments away from being severed. Spidey does something incredible and defeats Gobbie with only a millisecond to spare. Grabs the web and peers over the edge...

Gwen is no longer on the other end or is plummeting to her death, and Spidey is powerless to stop it from happening.

There won't be a dry eye in the place!

I agree with you Super Jim except I still think Gwen will die by Peter catching her.

I love his New York accent!

"Hey sparkles!"

"Course I remember you. You're my eyes and ears!"

It's perfect!

I really liked Tobey's take on the character, but have to say that Andrew's is better. TASM1 was a lot better than people think it was, and Andrew's performance is one of the chief reasons why.

I know man. He's so perfect for it. I'm glad we'll get (hopefully) four movies from him.

2 minutes in. it's harrowing.

[YT]sXiRZhDEo8A[/YT]
Dude thanks!

During the clocktower sequence from the footage We've seen, Gwen is wearing an exact replica of clothing, just like the cloths she's drawn in on the cover Of the comic book where Gobby finishes her off!... If that aint a definitive sign for her doom, then I dont know what is... She's so wasted!:csad:

^ Yup, we've been discussing that piece of the ever growing pile of Gwen doom since the summer.

Add to it:

- The interview with Emma where she said that she and Webb talked about staying true to the comic with regard to Gwen's death (I'm paraphrasing).

- The fact that a Goblin is in the movie.

- The fact that this is the second of the original three movies. Normal storytelling would have the relationship form and develop in the first and second movies, have Gwen die towards the climax of the second, and then use the third for Peter to deal with his anguish and the loss, as well as his desire (and the audience's) for revenge.

- The fact that the main purpose of Gwen in the comics has always been for her to die so Peter learns that he can't always stop bad things from happening. That he's not infallable.

- The fact that we have proof of Gwen being at the clock tower.

- The fact that we see Gwen in peril at the clock tower.

Yes, we can't say 100% that she's a goner, but the evidence is definitely stacking up against her chances of survival.

^ we can't say 100% but I will say 99% haha.

"Hey sparkles!"

It's perfect!

I gotta agree. I like it. I liked it from the first movie too.

"Whoa, boys 'n blue here! Yo, I got him."
"I'm swingin' here!"

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.

I gotta agree. I like it. I liked it from the first movie too.

"Whoa, boys 'n blue here! Yo, I got him."
"I'm swingin' here!"

"Hey sparkles!"

It's perfect!

I do too. He must've practiced hard for it with his coach. I suck at doing it lol.
And to add, I don't think in any Spider-Man incarnation, he speaks with one so Andrew doing so makes it unique. When I read Spider-Man comics, the voice I hear in my head isn't in a queens accent. Nor are the cartoons.

Andrew nailed the New York accent. Even when he isn't "exaggerating" with "I'm swingin' here, I'm swinging' here," he sounds like he could have easily been a New Yorker in real life. And I'm talking from experience, being a New Yorker and all...

Andrew nailed the New York accent. Even when he isn't "exaggerating" with "I'm swingin' here, I'm swinging' here," he sounds like he could have easily been a New Yorker in real life. And I'm talking from experience, being a New Yorker and all...

Yeah, I love it. Especially the fact that he only does the exaggerated accent as Spider-man, not Peter. It REALLY gives Spidey something special that Peter doesn't have.

I'm sorry, but just because MJ hasn't been introduced yet doesn't mean its the "sloppiest movie ever made in film history." Argh, the ignorance in that statement really irks me!

Anyways, even if MJ never met Gwen and wasn't around at the time of her death, it doesn't mean her character will be altered all that much. She can still help Peter cope with her death like she did in the comics.

In the comics, MJ wasn't that prominent while Peter and Gwen were dating. She was Harry's girlfriend, but really wasn't around too much. After Gwen died, they started dating a couple of years later until MJ disappeared after Peter proposed to her.

Peter had dated MJ off and on during Gwen's life and they were somewhat "friendly rivals" during that time.No matter how you slice it MJ should be introduced before Gwen buys the farm.The fact that she actually knew Gwen is an important element that shouldn't be ignored.If they kept the MJ scenes in,it would likely be enough.Again,anything else is just sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"