The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Scene Gwen Stacey Died - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you may know I've been speculating, and even arguing that Gwen will die in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. There are just so many reasons for this to happen at this time...

Of course some, actually many, didn't want to hear it, or didn't want to believe it. From the "death shroud" (Green Jacket) to the bridge filming, I've debated the evidence, yet some just said "that's a red herring".

Well, I think it's truly time people just accept the inevitable. I believe, from the recent trailer, that this is the actual shot, from the end of the movie, when Spidey is fighting Harry-Goblin, that Gwen will die:

the-amazing-spider-man-2-teaser-trailer-web-slinging.jpg

"Swik!"...

"Snap!!"...

"Did it. Spider powers, I love you!"...

Oops!

"You killed the woman I love!"

Actually Andrew, I mean Peter, you did!

At least we'll see Gwen in a nightmare sequence in TASM3!

The third James Bond film, Goldfinger, is also considered to be THE best, or one of the best Bond films of all time.

For the James Bond reboot series, Skyfall was a success, and was the third Daniel Craig film.

I will fight any and all who say Return of the King, The last Crusade, and Dream Warriors weren't good. :jedi

I will fight any and all who say Return of the King, The last Crusade, and Dream Warriors weren't good. :jedi
Even more great examples of successful third entries.

Spider-Man 3 and X-Men: The Last Stand were exceptions. One film had production issues, the other had a new director with a terrible vision. But these were also before the MCU and TDK. I think future CBMs are going to be planned out a lot better.

Skyfall, Goldfinger, Mission Impossible III, Return of the King, Return of the Jedi, Prisoner of Azkaban, TDKR, and Iron Man 3 are all considered to be good movies (minus some fanboy opinions). They're all third installments in one way or another. And those are just the ones that readily come to mind. The 'threequel curse' is a fanmade thing. In truth, the ratio of bad to good is the same for threequels as it is with film in general.

Edit: also Toy Story 3 and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Last edited:
Skyfall, Goldfinger, Mission Impossible III, Return of the King, Return of the Jedi, Prisoner of Azkaban, TDKR, and Iron Man 3 are all considered to be good movies (minus some fanboy opinions). They're all third installments in one way or another. And those are just the ones that readily come to mind. The 'threequel curse' is a fanmade thing. In truth, the ratio of bad to good is the same for threequels as it is with film in general.

Edit: also Toy Story 3 and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

You forgot Transformers.:o

Its still not all of them , i get it man but its his opinion it doesnt mean that is the truth.

Well, yes. Sure they are some great 3rd movies. But way too many bad ones not to notice a correlation. I am a writer and I know how hard it is to write a trilogy. Writing the first one not too difficult, you just have the create the whole setting of your series.
The sequel is very hard because you need to continue your story in an effective way WITHOUT delivering a too strong punchline.
The third one is the hardest of all. Because you have to make sure that everything you have established so far all makes sense. You have to make sure that all plot holes are closed and you're deciding the ultimate fate of your characters. The punchline must be the BIGGEST one. It must be the ultimate blow that takes your breath away. It's the final battle, after all.
This is where people die, mostly.

If you kill Gwen in the sequel, I have a hard time believing the writers will come up with something more powerful than this. They say the want to adapt The Death of Gwen Stacy story arc, yet you guys don't want it to be the end of the trilogy.
That's how it's done in the comics. It ends that she dies. Peter realizes her death, fiery battle with Green Goblin, little mourning with Mary Jane. End of the story.

You say you want to be faithful to the comics, but you aren't willing to take that logic to the ultimate point? Her death IS the conclusion of the story arc.

Let's say Gwen dies in ASM2. Now comes ASM3. Peter mourns and everything boohoo, my life is terrible, it's my fault, I'm stupid.
That's fine. But how does it end? Spider-Man gets over it and learn that with great powers comes great responsability?
That's a great ending to you?

IT TOOK YOU THE DEATH OF THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE TO ACTUALLY REALIZE THAT BEING AROUND A SUPERHERO IS DANGEROUS TO THOSE YOU CARE ABOUT?!
ARE YOU ****ING ******ED??!

That's the most bittersweet, grim and downer ending I can imagine.
''Yeah I know, my girlfriend died because I was stupid and ****. But now I have learned my lesson, it won't happen again. So yeah, everything is fine now.''

Oh my god. That's terrible.

It really doesn't matter if thinks a lot of third ones suck, and someone else thinks the 3rd are good, cause its all a matter of opinion.

As some of you may know I've been speculating, and even arguing that Gwen will die in The Amazing Spider-Man 2. There are just so many reasons for this to happen at this time...

Of course some, actually many, didn't want to hear it, or didn't want to believe it. From the "death shroud" (Green Jacket) to the bridge filming, I've debated the evidence, yet some just said "that's a red herring".

Well, I think it's truly time people just accept the inevitable. I believe, from the recent trailer, that this is the actual shot, from the end of the movie, when Spidey is fighting Harry-Goblin, that Gwen will die:

the-amazing-spider-man-2-teaser-trailer-web-slinging.jpg

"Swik!"...

"Snap!!"...

"Did it. Spider powers, I love you!"...

Oops!

"You killed the woman I love!"

Actually Andrew, I mean Peter, you did!

At least we'll see Gwen in a nightmare sequence in TASM3!

If it is i dont believe that they spoiled such scene :doh:

I Belevie it, cause they also spoiled the after credit scene in TASM.

However, the post-credits scene of TASM doesn't deliver anything special. It has no spoilers or whatsoever. There's a difference between that scene and the hypothetical death of a main character.

However, the post-credits scene of TASM doesn't deliver anything special. It has no spoilers or whatsoever. There's a difference between that scene and the hypothetical death of a main character.

That's true.

Well, yes. Sure they are some great 3rd movies. But way too many bad ones not to notice a correlation. I am a writer and I know how hard it is to write a trilogy. Writing the first one not too difficult, you just have the create the whole setting of your series.
The sequel is very hard because you need to continue your story in an effective way WITHOUT delivering a too strong punchline.
The third one is the hardest of all. Because you have to make sure that everything you have established so far all makes sense. You have to make sure that all plot holes are closed and you're deciding the ultimate fate of your characters. The punchline must be the BIGGEST one. It must be the ultimate blow that takes your breath away. It's the final battle, after all.
This is where people die, mostly.

If you kill Gwen in the sequel, I have a hard time believing the writers will come up with something more powerful than this. They say the want to adapt The Death of Gwen Stacy story arc, yet you guys don't want it to be the end of the trilogy.
That's how it's done in the comics. It ends that she dies. Peter realizes her death, fiery battle with Green Goblin, little mourning with Mary Jane. End of the story.

You say you want to be faithful to the comics, but you aren't willing to take that logic to the ultimate point? Her death IS the conclusion of the story arc.

Let's say Gwen dies in ASM2. Now comes ASM3. Peter mourns and everything boohoo, my life is terrible, it's my fault, I'm stupid.
That's fine. But how does it end? Spider-Man gets over it and learn that with great powers comes great responsability?
That's a great ending to you?

IT TOOK YOU THE DEATH OF THE LOVE OF YOUR LIFE TO ACTUALLY REALIZE THAT BEING AROUND A SUPERHERO IS DANGEROUS TO THOSE YOU CARE ABOUT?!
ARE YOU ****ING ******ED??!

That's the most bittersweet, grim and downer ending I can imagine.
''Yeah I know, my girlfriend died because I was stupid and ****. But now I have learned my lesson, it won't happen again. So yeah, everything is fine now.''

Oh my god. That's terrible.

:lmao:

Yep :up:

They probably but it there just to get people talking, not saying I agree with it. But that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"