The Dark Knight Rises The Score II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed with the samples. Sounds like mostly BB/TDK stuff.

tumblr_m45ch52v9C1r00gie.gif

I hope "Why do we fall" is part of a training montage. Hell, I may use it as workout music after the movie:up:

....then again, these are 30 second clips guys. While I like what we've heard, maybe it's best to wait full judgment till the thing is released or *ahem*....leaks.

Not impressed with the samples. Sounds like mostly BB/TDK stuff.

This is basically true, but I don't know why you'd expect anything else at this point. And there is some uniqueness with the Selina material and some of the Bane stuff.

I hope "Why do we fall" is part of a training montage. Hell, I may use it as workout music after the movie:up:

Bruce training is definitely what I had in mind while listening to it. :hrt:

I can only imagine how much great music is going to be missing from this release. It's always the case with Zimmer, and then there's the fact that this is a 2:45 movie.

I'm sure the deluxe will be out for Christmas though.

I'm absolutely loving these samples right now.

Trying to think of something novel to say but I pretty much agree with everyone here :woot: (Except for anyone who believes that these are somehow fake :funny:)

Love "Mind If I Cut In". Sounds unquestionably feline, original, and Zimmerian.

Love the hearkening back to "Nycteris" in "Despair."

Impressed all around :woot:

Love what I heard, Rise is going to be sad for sure.

....then again, these are 30 second clips guys. While I like what we've heard, maybe it's best to wait full judgment till the thing is released or *ahem*....leaks.

Absolutely. I remember being a tad disappointed once I heard the TDK samples when they leaked.

After seeing the film, I was pleased to be surprised. After listening to the soundtrack, I couldn't believe how wrong I was. After listening to the 2-disc soundtrack, I just felt disgusted with my earlier disappointment.

A bit from the 'Rise' track is the same bit from the scene when the Wayne's were murder.

I swear I hear the Ra's Al Ghul musical motif in there at some point...

Absolutely. I remember being a tad disappointed once I heard the TDK samples when they leaked.

After seeing the film, I was pleased to be surprised. After listening to the soundtrack, I couldn't believe how wrong I was. After listening to the 2-disc soundtrack, I just felt disgusted with my earlier disappointment.

Haha! Well good that you came around!!!
I cannot wait for this bad boy to leak. :)

I really hope that Rise transitions into some awe-inspiring triumphant section after revisiting the choir part....

Also, Why Do We Fall sounds like it could be a real career highlight moment for Zimmer, in terms of somberly epic pieces.

I swear I hear the Ra's Al Ghul musical motif in there at some point...

Your ears don't deceive you, it's definitely there in Born in Darkness, kinda hidden but there.

:shock

Now I know what "Mind If I Cut In" reminds me of!

The first 30-ish seconds of...

[YT]CkM4u1LFOp4[/YT]

Zimmer's unearthly, resonant, yet indisputably beautiful piano.

That piano is gonna' do wonders on Catwoman :hrt::hrt::hrt:

Last edited:
Now that I've listened to this a bunch I totally think that "Gotham's Reckoning" is from the MTV footage...

:shock

Now I know what "Mind If I Cut In" reminds me of!

The first 30-ish seconds of...

[YT]CkM4u1LFOp4[/YT]

Zimmer's unearthly, resonant, yet indisputably beautiful piano.

That piano is gonna' do wonders on Catwoman :hrt::hrt::hrt:
Nice catch. Zimmer definitely went into the vault to look for some inspiration.

Just how Underground Army is incredibly similar to the MW2 multiplayer menu theme. ;) :up:

Since I posted the link to the samples I've seen some the most ridiculous examples of hyperbole associated with Zimmer.

I love the Batman scores but some of the things people say here and elsewhere are beyond laughable.

Oh wait, I'm trolling right?

Since I posted the link to the samples I've seen some the most ridiculous examples of hyperbole associated with Zimmer.

I love the Batman scores but some of the things people say here and elsewhere are beyond laughable.

Oh wait, I'm trolling right?

Are you baiting a negative response? That's usually what trolling means.

Damn, something is wrong with my speakers and I can't listen to them yet.

All I have to say is I have my popcorn ready for when Elevator man comes in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"