Days of Future Past The Sentinels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definately no CGI Sentinels please.

I'm not sure if I want them to be pink/purple as in the comics or simply silver? in colour to be more realistic.

Well, what about GOOD CGI? And in the dark most of the time...oh god I can't wait to see their eyes light up...hopefully red.

I'm not sure if I want them to be pink/purple as in the comics or simply silver? in colour to be more realistic.

i'd go silver with some purple thrown in as it's a pretty sweet color combo. have certain parts or linings be purple while the majority of the body is silver.

going only purple & pink would look pretty ridiculous

What size do you want the Sentinels to be?

A mix of CGI and animatronics would be fine by me. It's impractical to think they'll be entirely real but some animatronics would be cool.

You want people in suits then?

lol yeah you cant do sentinel's w/o cgi unless you dont want them to fly lol

I think making the Sentinels work in this movie is going to be a really hard task.Especially since Singer's movies are more grounded in real life.I mean can you imagine huge pink talking robots without it being cheesy or a knock-off from some other movie?

Last edited:
Well I think transformers has proven that the audience can handle giant robots talking and it won't be the first time they will be seeing robots hunting and killing people it will be similar to terminator also I think the color choice should be purple and maroon with a bit of blue not all pink and for the size of the sentinels I wouldn't mind them being 30-40 ft tall and I wouldn'tind seeing people In iron man sized suits either

Its a hard work, thats for sure.

Specially with Tranformers in everyones minds, since its a pretty recent franchise.

Singer and co. will have to create something totally unique and diffrent from Transformers, to impress the audience and avoid the possible "this is a cheap copy of Tranformers'

I hope they deliver, its a really ambitious sequel, so ALL departments should be on their top

I don't they should follow the color of the Sentinel in the comics. They should look really futuristic and scary, and this isn't the first time FOX is not gonna use the colors (of the costumes/looks) that were in the comics so I think Silver and Black would be the perfect colors for the Sentinels of this movie.

Actually I really liked the Sentinels in the Hasbro's Marvel Legends series.

1174907940_cb3c4f34f7_o.jpg

thats a good way to adapt the comic colours.

Its not black/grey but still can be taken seriously and would still suit the tone of the sequel

thats a good way to adapt the comic colours.

Its not black/grey but still can be taken seriously and would still suit the tone of the sequel

I never played Origins but that sentinel looks awesome.

That sentinel is exactly what I don't want to see.

So Mark Millar said the Sentinels will be in this and will deliver on the promise from the X3 opening decapitated head. BUT...does that mean we will get the same ugly hideous disgusting head from X3!?!?

I doubt it. The sentinel head will be redesigned and hopefully for the better (much, much better).

I say just keep them as close to the comics as you can. They're too cool to change/alter.

They're going to have to alter a lot to at least make them look less cartoonish. Their original purple color and blocky design from the comics and the cartoons aren't going to fly on screen without looking campy and cheesy.

Are they going to maintain the giant skyscraper height as well which could also come off as a little over the top if not done right. I think something in design and height (or maybe a little taller) to what Destroyer looked like in Thor.

They're going to have to alter a lot to at least make them look less cartoonish. Their original purple color and blocky design from the comics and the cartoons aren't going to fly on screen without looking campy and cheesy.

Are they going to maintain the giant skyscraper height as well which could also come off as a little over the top if not done right. I think something in design and height (or maybe a little taller) to what Destroyer looked like in Thor.

Just hopefully not as CG-looking. The Destroyer in Thor looked 1000% CG.

The face needs to look like the classic Sentinel face, no if ands or buts.

Agreed. Regardless of what people think of the X2 design, the face is something they got 100% right. Here's hoping they keep it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"