The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox Will Have to Replace 50% of Their Outdoor Campaign for THE WOLVERINE Due to Theft

It’s hard to create a cool piece of art. But whoever designed The Wolverine poster featuring a silhouette of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine with his claws unsheathed knocked it out of the park. It’s definitely one of the best posters I’ve seen in a long time and it looks like most of you agree with me.

While at the Fox presentation at CinemaCon, I was to talking to a few of their executives and I mentioned how much I loved the poster. I found out Tony Sella, Fox’s Chief Creative Officer, came up with the Sumi Ink concept and it’s being stolen on a daily basis all over the country. The exec’s told me they’ll need to replace over 50% of the bus shelters. I think while it’s a good problem to have, it’s still an issue, because they paid for an ad buy and they want to make sure people see the poster.

http://collider.com/the-wolverine-poster-bus-shelter/

Lets be real, if those bus shelters were her in NYC, I'd steal one, too.

It's an awesome poster. You don't ever hear of people stealing the 'heads photoshopped over an explosion' ones.

Fox Will Have to Replace 50% of Their Outdoor Campaign for THE WOLVERINE Due to Theft

It’s hard to create a cool piece of art. But whoever designed The Wolverine poster featuring a silhouette of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine with his claws unsheathed knocked it out of the park. It’s definitely one of the best posters I’ve seen in a long time and it looks like most of you agree with me.

While at the Fox presentation at CinemaCon, I was to talking to a few of their executives and I mentioned how much I loved the poster. I found out Tony Sella, Fox’s Chief Creative Officer, came up with the Sumi Ink concept and it’s being stolen on a daily basis all over the country. The exec’s told me they’ll need to replace over 50% of the bus shelters. I think while it’s a good problem to have, it’s still an issue, because they paid for an ad buy and they want to make sure people see the poster.

http://collider.com/the-wolverine-poster-bus-shelter/

Maybe its time that they release a character poster for Viper, Silver Samurai, Yukio and Mariko Yashida.

Just in case anyone is tempted to steal it from a bus stop, the Sumi Ink style poster is free with the latest Empire Magazine (the June issue).

Just in case anyone is tempted to steal it from a bus stop, the Sumi Ink style poster is free with the latest Empire Magazine (the June issue).

A folded poster on cheap paper isn't that good.

Well MoS is out a good 6 weeks before TW.

Japanese edit of the trailer. It's a bit different and I actually like it better than both the international and domestic one.

Thanks for posting that!

Finally some new footage!

This is probably the trailer that was shown in Cinemacon just with different text.

Japanese edit of the trailer. It's a bit different and I actually like it better than both the international and domestic one.

Agreed. Still shakey on that bullet train shot where he's flying through the air, otherwise very cool. :up:

Very good trailer. I thought the train sequence looked way better there. More kinetic or something.

This is a surprise, not much on the new side but I wanted to get a look at more of the Japanese actors.. mostly Hiroyuki Sanada. I really think the more we get (limited but satisfying) it will really turn this into a summer blockbuster. Overall good trailer.

Not much new that I could see to be honest. Though Wolverine going through the wall at one point seemed to be a bit better than previous trailers.

Not a lot of new footage, unfortunately, but I like the slight changes. So many of these shots look so good, it looks like it's gonna be a action-packed but very pretty film. Which is good.

Just slight changes But I also found it to be the best trailer so far!

Because the Japanese trailer is well... more Japanese... it makes the footage seem more exotic and authentic, less generic Hollywood.

But it still sounds odd when the old guy says 'our company can do anything' when it obviously can't do the one thing he wants - stop him dying! I hope that minor plothole gets filled in!

I actually didn't like the new trailer, the new shots just didn't impress me.

I'm waiting for a brand new trailer with a different style/edit.

Because the Japanese trailer is well... more Japanese... it makes the footage seem more exotic and authentic, less generic Hollywood.

But it still sounds odd when the old guy says 'our company can do anything' when it obviously can't do the one thing he wants - stop him dying! I hope that minor plothole gets filled in!
That's not a plot hole. That's egotistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"