The Tim Sale appreciation thread

Carmine Falcone said:
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
AWESOME STATUE!
Really guys this is so perfect, the ears, the face, the belt, THE CAPE. I love it!
Same here!!!!!!

GL-Corps#28 said:
1.jpg

That's actually a statue, not a figure, but it does indeed kick huge amounts of ass. :up:

Thanks for the correction.

BTW Kick-ass avatar!

I appreciate Sale's art in terms of atmosphere and the cool film noir look. He does that kind of art very well. Having said that, I can't stand the way he draws Batman. I hate that he never draws lips on him and his ears are waaaayyy too long. And he's not the most consistent artist, just look at Batman's chest logo, it always looks like some little kid drew it for him. I'm not posting this to piss anybody off. The man is talented. I just think he's a little overrated. All that aside, that statue's pretty cool looking. Good pose!

sinewave said:
I appreciate Sale's art in terms of atmosphere and the cool film noir look. He does that kind of art very well. Having said that, I can't stand the way he draws Batman. I hate that he never draws lips on him and his ears are waaaayyy too long. And he's not the most consistent artist, just look at Batman's chest logo, it always looks like some little kid drew it for him. I'm not posting this to piss anybody off. The man is talented. I just think he's a little overrated. All that aside, that statue's pretty cool looking. Good pose!

hey, the sun's out, and it's warm outside.

why don't you crawl out of jim lee's ***?

:D :joker:

Why is it that the Sale fans take every criticism as Jim Lee fanboy ranting?

And vise versa?

Don't talk about Jim Lee here please, this is a Tim Sale appreciation thread

Carmine Falcone said:
Don't talk about Jim Lee here please, this is a Tim Sale appreciation thread
I'm trying to keep the peace here, pal. And in case you didn't notice, way up there on your horse, it was a Sale fan who decided to go for insults rather than discussion.

I wasn't talking to you, I should have quoted Guybrush Begins because I was talking to him. :)

Ah. Dammit. Eh, I'm sorry as well, then. Also, I apologize for the horse comment. It's really a very nice horse.

...Tim Sale's Two-Face kicks ass!
*Does a heel-click and runs away*

Anyway; (to get back on topic)
The great, great thing about Sale's art is that the characters are over the top (in a good was yes) examples:
Batman is HUGE!
Joker has a giant grin.
Scarecrow has a big wizard-like hat and is skinny as hell.
Poison Ivy is part plant.

:up:

by the way, in case you guys didnt know it was out...TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE...160 pages dedicated to the art of tim sale....$25.

Product Description:
TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE is a lavishly illustrated and fully comprehensive collection of artwork from the career of comic book artist Tim Sale, best known for his work on BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN, SUPERMAN FOR ALL SEASONS, DAREDEVIL: YELLOW and SPIDER-MAN; BLUE. This retrospective covers the years beginning with his Grey Archer Press illustration work through to his most recent Marvel work, HULK: GRAY,

Complemented by an extensive interview conducted by Comicraft's Richard Starkings, and designed by John "JG" Roshell (Starkings and Roshell are the authors of COMIC BOOK LETTERING THE COMICRAFT WAY), TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE contains 160 pages with over three hundred never-before-seen pen and ink, wash and pencil drawings and sketches and an introduction by Tim's friend, writer and collaborator, Jeph Loeb.

Guybrush Begins said:
hey, the sun's out, and it's warm outside.

why don't you crawl out of jim lee's ***?

:D :joker:

Nice..... Glad to see we're all intelligent individuals here.

Tim Sale: Black and White
book cover

B&W 160pp HC • $24.95 US
Amazon.com

By Richard Starkings & John 'JG' Roshell
with Tim Sale
introduction by
Jeph Loeb

TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE is a lavishly illustrated and fully comprehensive collection of artwork from Tim's career, spanning the years beginning with his Grey Archer Press illustration work through to his most recent Marvel work, HULK: GRAY, with an introduction by Tim's friend, writer and collaborator, Jeph Loeb. Complemented by an extensive interview conducted by Comicraft's President and First Tiger, Richard Starkings, and lovingly designed by Comicraft's secret weapon, John "JG" Roshell, TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE contains 160 pages with over three hundred never-before-seen pen and ink, wash and pencil drawings and sketches for just $24.95. A limited edition of the book with a special numbered plate signed by Tim is also available for $39.95 in select stores.
Sample Pages:

tsbw1_lg.jpg

tsbw_p006-007_lg.jpg

tsbw_p066-067_lg.jpg

Cobblepot said:
Tim Sale: Black and White
book cover

B&W 160pp HC • $24.95 US
Amazon.com

By Richard Starkings & John 'JG' Roshell
with Tim Sale
introduction by
Jeph Loeb

TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE is a lavishly illustrated and fully comprehensive collection of artwork from Tim's career, spanning the years beginning with his Grey Archer Press illustration work through to his most recent Marvel work, HULK: GRAY, with an introduction by Tim's friend, writer and collaborator, Jeph Loeb. Complemented by an extensive interview conducted by Comicraft's President and First Tiger, Richard Starkings, and lovingly designed by Comicraft's secret weapon, John "JG" Roshell, TIM SALE: BLACK AND WHITE contains 160 pages with over three hundred never-before-seen pen and ink, wash and pencil drawings and sketches for just $24.95. A limited edition of the book with a special numbered plate signed by Tim is also available for $39.95 in select stores.
I purchase the book at the SDCC last year at the publisher booth.
Tim Sale was there in person signing the book for who ever got it.
He drew a sketch of Two Face on the inside of my book.
He is such a cool dude.
I'll try to post pictures of the sketch tomorrow.

Carmine Falcone said:
wow. How much € does that cost Cobb?

I saw it only once at The Haagse Stripshop in The Hague, didn't realize it was about Tim Sale.
But I don't know what it cost anymore, but they average go for 30/40 Euro's.

Fcviper said:
I purchase the book at the SDCC last year at the publisher booth.
Tim Sale was there in person signing the book for who ever got it.
He drew a sketch of Two Face on the inside of my book.
He is such a cool dude.
I'll try to post pictures of the sketch tomorrow.
And please post that sketch! I love those sketches. :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"