The Dark Knight Rises The 'Tusi - - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't take too kindly to newbies around here.
chain.jpg

For the last time: I am not Christina Ricci! :o

I thought Bioware did a horrible job with the ending to KOTOR2. I beat it, and I was like, "that's it? I just put 40-50 hrs into this game.....and that's it!?!?"

Damn it. Freaking Damn this tusi. I'm going to grill some burgers, possibly my face, and get ready for the NBA Finals tonight.

Still getting rejections but wish me luck! I'll be querying Eric Van Lustbader's (the guy who writes the new Jason Bourne novels) agent Henry Morrison!

Does anyone think how its actually awesome that Batman isn't just fighting Bane in this film? He's fighting Ras..the view that Gotham must be destroyed so it can be cleansed. He's fighting Joker..the view that people are inherently bad deep down. This IS a perfect trilogy. Its so connected.

If you think about it..Nolan's message in this trilogy is simply ''hey you, rich people, share and care more!''..cos Batman was born to shock the rich out of apathy..by the end of TDK the rich are still crushing the poor, even tho the mob is now gone..now in Rises its all about Bane taking advantage of the rift between the classes.

I know alot of people don't like that this film may have Bruce retire - but it makes sense. Him taking off the mask will unite the classes and solve the main problem. Not all crime. Police can solve crime. Batman is doing something noone else can. And im going to cry like a little ***** when he does it.

I've actually been lurking for a good long time... wish I'd made the effort to sign up much earlier now.

Hopefully will be around for a while too!

Same, I lurked for like a year lol. Where will you head after Rises is out? I'll always stay in this section, but will have to MoS it more often.

Don't forget the Geth/Quarian part! Both of those storyarcs were just excellent. Both emotional and epic, not only that but they were very dependent on your choices with how the drama played out.

The coup on the Citadel as well....

All those moments truly reflect the integrity of the whole trilogy - your decisions actually matter. I was incredibly sad to [BLACKOUT]let Mordin die[/BLACKOUT], but at the end, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was incredibly satisfying. Same with the Quarian/Geth situation.

Man, there's nothing worse than having a great story with a terrible ending...

I thought Bioware did a horrible job with the ending to KOTOR2. I beat it, and I was like, "that's it? I just put 40-50 hrs into this game.....and that's it!?!?"

It's because that was Obsidian.

But what happens to revan in The Old Republic (And the Exile in the Revan novel) makes KOTOR 2's ending sound amazing in comparison.

It's because that was Obsidian.
No, it was because of LucasArts. Yes, a different dev designed it, but IMO they did a hell of a job with what they did. It was LucasArts who made them rush it out for Christmas and deliver an incomplete game, and like I said, when the team who loved their work so much decided to finish it and offer a patch to the fans for free, LA wouldn't allow it.

All this talk about being rushed for a deadline reminds me of the late SM4.

Same, I lurked for like a year lol. Where will you head after Rises is out? I'll always stay in this section, but will have to MoS it more often.

Haven't a clue really! I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Hope the 'Tusi stays alive.

I think I'm going to call it a night now. Later all!

No, it was because of LucasArts. Yes, a different dev designed it, but IMO they did a hell of a job with what they did. It was LucasArts who made them rush it out for Christmas and deliver an incomplete game, and like I said, when the team who loved their work so much decided to finish it and offer a patch to the fans for free, LA wouldn't allow it.

I didn't mean it was Obsidian in a bad way, I meant it in a more corrective sense. :funny:

I like KOTOR 2. It's rushed, but considering the final result, it wasn't a bad game by no means.

I still don't think any Star Wars game will overtake KOTOR, but 1313 may be a big contender to do so.

My favourite part about what Obsidian did with their KOTOR sequel (particularly Chris Avellone - amazing writer) is how they completely crapped on Lucas's black-and-white conventions for the story and made it interesting. If they actually had an upgraded engine that wasn't KOTOR recycled and were allowed to finish their damn game, I think it might have managed to top the original for me. SWTOR on the other hand reversed all that and dumbed the plot down as much as they possibly could, transforming everything into a "homage" of the six films instead of it's own independent thing, then they copypasted WoW's formula and basically called it a day. It really lacked ambition.

I didn't mean it was Obsidian in a bad way, I meant it in a more corrective sense. :funny:

I like KOTOR 2. It's rushed, but considering the final result, it wasn't a bad game by no means.

I still don't think any Star Wars game will overtake KOTOR, but 1313 may be a big contender to do so.
I liked both, but I thought the ending to part2 was HORRIBLE.

I ranted about this in the Star Wars thread, but here's a rundown of all the f**kups that Lucasarts did in a few years.

- Cancelled KOTOR 3
- Cancelled Battlefront 3
- No sequels to Bounty Hunter or Republic Commando either
- Those s**tty Force Unleashed Games and everything about it
- The Old Republic. Nuff said.

Lucasarts I'm convinced are incredibly incompetent.

I'll probably go into the Man of Steel threads.

I really should watch the original Superman.

I ranted about this in the Star Wars thread, but here's a rundown of all the f**kups that Lucasarts did in a few years.

- Cancelled KOTOR 3
- Cancelled Battlefront 3
- No sequels to Bounty Hunter or Republic Commando either
- Those s**tty Force Unleashed Games and everything about it
- The Old Republic. Nuff said.

Lucasarts I'm convinced are incredibly incompetent.
Oh god. Why did you remind me of those? :barf:

I liked both, but I thought the ending to part2 was HORRIBLE.

I didn't have that much of a problem with it, but yeah it wasn't good.

I liked the Exile going out to try and save Revan, which was a set up for the third game that never happened.

My favourite part about what Obsidian did with their KOTOR sequel (particularly Chris Avellone - amazing writer) is how they completely crapped on Lucas's black-and-white conventions for the story and made it interesting. If they actually had an upgraded engine that wasn't KOTOR recycled and were allowed to finish their damn game, I think it might have managed to top the original for me. SWTOR on the other hand reversed all that and dumbed the plot down as much as they possibly could, transforming everything into a "homage" of the six films instead of it's own independent thing, then they copypasted WoW's formula and basically called it a day. It really lacked ambition.

It really did, and worse enough it caused another much more potentially great game to be scrapped in order to do so.

I really wanna play through the KOTOR games, now. Are they backwards compatible with the 360? I may have to buy them on Amazon for cheap.

I never played Star Wars Galaxies but from what I've heard it looks amazing. Everything the design philosophy of a massively multiplayer game set in a "galaxy" should be... i've played TOR and everything is instanced and linear, it's bad. Half the time it's like playing a single player game with the occassional co-op mode. And then the "story" that is supposed to compensate isn't even that great, and the "flashpoint" where you kill Revan and loot his pants is a joke... hell the whole storyline they came up with for the Revan novel sounds bad.

lucasarts = grim fandango = negativity nullified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back