BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the crazyness that is going on, the worlds greatest detective makes not a peep about an [BLACKOUT]ironman villain [/BLACKOUT] I mean
Flash
coming out of nowhere?

Are people really filling in that many blanks with a backstory/future JS out of that scene?

Yes

I've heard of stories like that, no shame at all. I guess it could have been improved a bit in the film, my only problem is the extended replay of the flashback, like showing the gun going off again and seeing lil' Bruce screaming. As cliche as it sounds if they were going to show some quick flashbacks they could have cut it down or filmed some happier moments with his parents and mom, not show as much of the beginning of the film we already watched as they did.

I have a bigger problem with Thomas Wayne causing the death of himself and his wife and leaving his son an orphan because he wanted to go all Comedian on the mugger.

Batman v Superman is a 2 and half hour trailer for Justice League

I wouldn't even call it a movie.

You find zero merit in treating fans and/or providing a tease at what the future holds in store?

None. I only care about what's happening now, I don't need 10 mins of precious screen time wasted on unimportant story elements that have no baring on what I'm watching. If I wanted a comic book I'll read a bloody comic book.

Kryptonian warship destroyed over Metropolis and crash lands in the middle of the city. Two years later...still there.

Alien technology beyond a human's wildest imagination. Its mode of security...a fingerprint scanner.

You find zero merit in treating fans and/or providing a tease at what the future holds in store?
Should've been an after credits scene, then. Not in the middle of the movie in an arbitrary way and leading nowhere. The plot progression literally stops for these commercials.

Kryptonian warship destroyed over Metropolis and crash lands in the middle of the city. Two years later...still there.

Alien technology beyond a human's wildest imagination. Its mode of security...a fingerprint scanner.

It's probably really heavy to lift and cut. It's kryptonian tech and materials after all.

MoS left behind a beautiful mythological setup with the Kryptonian technology left behind.

BvS fumbled the pass.

Nothing made any sense in the Kryptonian ship.

Where? When? Tell me because I missed the **** out of that follow up. Nothing in the Knightmare had anything to do with the rest of the movie

WHAT metahuman subplot? One line and two visuals is not a subplot. A subPLOT is still a PLOT that has to be resolved in the story.

Knightmare is directly related to Batman's concerns over Superman's power. It is tied to the sequence where the new metahuman presence basically warns Batman of an upcoming event.

It's a subplot.

First, Superman's existence is part of the "emerging metahumans" subplot. It's the first thing Bruce becomes aware of. So all the controversy/commentary has to do with that concept inherently, as does all of Bruce's commentary regarding Superman's existence and potential threat.

Second, Luthor references a metahuman thesis. Over multiple scenes, the metahuman thesis is revealed to involve research and data on metahumans, which is why Diana is involved in infilitrating his building.

There's an entire "dream sequence" involving Bruce's discovery of metahuman elements, namely, The Flash and a warning of future events.

There's an entire sequence before the final fight where Bruce and Diana find out what Luthor has, which is that other metahumans exist.

There's then, in the denoument, a resolution to that element, where, at the end of the film, Bruce, who had been distrustful of emerging metahumans, asks Diana to help find them.

That is a subplot. It is not a large one, but it is absolutely there.

None. I only care about what's happening now, I don't need 10 mins of precious screen time wasted on unimportant story elements that have no baring on what I'm watching. If I wanted a comic book I'll read a bloody comic book.

It IS what's happening now. Part of the story of DAWN OF JUSTICE is the world's discovery of these metahumans, albeit on a smaller scale, with Luthor, Diana and Bruce.

So we go from believing that Superman may not have a prominent role in JL to now believing that it's possible that Superman may end up returning evil in JL.

just saw it, the movie was a an incoherent mess with plot holes and convoluted logic. I thought the acting and action was great, it had good moments but there was just so many things wrong with this movie 5 out of 10.

It's probably really heavy to lift and cut. It's kryptonian tech and materials after all.

If only there was someone with super strength to help clean it up.

How about this: Doomsday is disoriented from Batman's krypto-gas-bomb. Wonder Woman has him restrained with her lasso. Superman wields a kryptonite spear to end it. Should he simply throw the spear at Doomdsay? Nope. Suicide run. For no reason other than hollow pointless drama.

The only thing consistent about this movie is Superman being awful at being Superman.

Don't forget the giant pieces of the World Engine just ****ing SCATTERED all over the ocean unprotected and pieces of Krypotonite sitting ten feet under the surface. Such sense. Much realism.

Batman v Superman is a 2 and half hour trailer for Justice League

I wouldn't even call it a movie.

Bloody hell the damage Zack Snyder did to DC's reputation with one film is astronomical.

Not ashamed of saying this but he's the modern day Schumacher of DC for what he's done.

How about this: Doomsday is disoriented from Batman's krypto-gas-bomb. Wonder Woman has him restrained with her lasso. Superman wields a kryptonite spear to end it. Should he simply throw the spear at Doomdsay? Nope. Suicide run. For no reason other than hollow pointless drama.

The only thing consistent about this movie is Superman being awful at being Superman.

Said this after walking out of first viewing. Or maybe give it to Wonder Woman because it has NO effect on her?

He died as pointlessly and avoidably as his father. I guess Pa Kent did teach him a lesson after all.

Bloody hell the damage Zack Snyder did to DC's reputation with one film is astronomical.

Not ashamed of saying this but he's the modern day Schumacher of DC for what he's done.

It's really ****ing frustrating at this point. At the end of the day, you can have the cast, crew, and other fans bring up on how a person should formulate their own opinion about the film (which I believe is true and valid) and how this film isn't meant for critics but for the fans...but is it so ****ing difficult to make a DC Film that isn't tarnished and trashed by the critics, while dividing the fandom as well?

I'm reading through criticisms against the movie and I'm just seeing a lot of people that are failing to put the pieces together (perhaps you got snagged up on something early in the film and kept thinking about that through the whole rest of the film and just got further and further behind?). Character motives were clear. Character development between Clark and Lois were actually shown. Lex is obsessed with the theological themes of what has happened (and what is to happen) in the continuity. The painting speaks plenty.

The dreams-- these characters have dreams. We get insight into their minds... in a comic book movie. I get the feeling that like with MOS, people that hate this movie just wanted a dumb, formulaic Marvel super hero movie. MOS was heavily science fiction. BvS is an ensemble sci fi film (similarly paced to ID4).

Print or DNA? Don't forget that Lex had something the government didn't have-- a blade of kryptonite which could cut Zod's flesh.

Lex accessing the Kryptonian ship and everything that follows was upsurd.

I'm reading through criticisms against the movie and I'm just seeing a lot of people that are failing to put the pieces together (perhaps you got snagged up on something early in the film and kept thinking about that through the whole rest of the film and just got further and further behind?). Character motives were clear. Character development between Clark and Lois were actually shown. Lex is obsessed with the theological themes of what has happened (and what is to happen) in the continuity. The painting speaks plenty.

This. Hate to pull the "You just didn't get it" card, but a lot of you are complaining about really obvious elements of the film that were right. There. Not even characterization stuff. Story stuff. Major plot points that were clearly delineated.

It was really weird and terrible seeing Lex interact with Kryptonian technology. Everything was wrong about it.

It made me realize... Wait. Kryptonians spoke English? lol

A whole court room of people are exploded because Superman...wasn't paying attention.

Batman hits Supes with krypto-gas, Superman doesn't use his super breath to to exhale it out of his system. Superman eventually regains himself. Batman hits him with another krypto-gas bomb. Superman doesn't hold his breath.

Lois has the kryptonite spear, the one and only weapon known to do serious damage to Superman, possibly even kill him. Throws it in a pool. Hopefully no one will find it?

I wouldn't go as far as saying that, but frankly, I want another director for Justice League. And I'm saying this as someone who likes Snyder's movies.

Maybe they left it there as a monument or something.

In the end, does it really matter? If it wasn't in the ocean, they would have just shown the Kryptonite being acquired elsewhere, from a storage warehouse or something.

The movie showed pretty clearly that Doomsday's defeat required prolonged and intense exposure to Kryptonite. There's no guarantee Doomsday wouldn't have just swatted it out of the way like he did most everyone and everything else.

I'm reading through criticisms against the movie and I'm just seeing a lot of people that are failing to put the pieces together

Once again: DC fans could/should LOVE this movie. For its imagery and world building and what have you. But they are so wrapped up in the visual comic booky smorgasbord playing out they are subconsciously using their catalog of back knowledge to fill in major, important plot points and character arcs. And then acting like it was all in the movie. Love it all you want. But understand why you love it.

You shouldn't need Cliff Notes to make a movie coherent. It should be accessible to anyone walking in the theater. Even sequels like TDK go out of their way to make sure people who didn't watch Batman Begins are caught up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"