BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The movie just ended in Mexico City. Yep, that description is real.

bron1.gif

That's fine and good, but Superman fans are tired of hearing Batman fans talk crap about how Batman would beat Superman, no ifs, ands or buts. Gets old hearing that garbage, and then dealing with WB/DC giving Batman prominence over all things DC, including Superman only adds to the frustration.

I knew WB/DC wasn't gonna let their cash cow look bad even against the character that put DC on the map in the first place. But as long as Superman doesn't get embarrassed, that's the best we can hope for now.

I forgot to mention, I keep seeing Batman fans always resort to "yeah well that's all good Batman can just **** Wonder Woman/Lois/Iris/Mera"

Like wow, clever comeback

Stuff like that makes me embarrassed to be a Batman fan knowing how childish and insecure some Batman fans are. I never see Spider-Man or Captain America fans say anything like that.

Meanwhile none of them ever had a thing for Batman in canon but Catwoman wanted Superman bad

What happens next week if Superman fans leave the theaters after seeing Superman lose to Batman and knowing through the spoilers that he dies at the end?

Well, I guess I have to see the film for myself to decide...but yeah, I can't say that I'm the biggest fan of how it turns out, regarding the fight and the finale.

Superman fighting batman because Lex has his mom and Lois being the one to save Superman from getting killed by Batman.

Superman really needed this win or for the fight to end in a draw. I'm afraid that a lot of dumbass fans are just going to use this as further ammunition to insult the character.

Not to mention, I know that I'm not the only one who had issues with the fact that Superman "dies" in this film. While I've started to make peace with it, I don't think a lot of superman fans will like it.

While I do believe it has the chance/potential to be done well, I will also maintain my belief that I don't think this was the right story to tell at this particular point.

What happens next week if Superman fans leave the theaters after seeing Superman lose to Batman and knowing through the spoilers that he dies at the end?

Probably spend 3 hours picking popcorn out of their teeth.

I'm glad that detailed outline posted on here is legit. I really liked the sound of it. BvS is going to be a heavy duty film.

I think it's going to be a blood bath in here.lol

In 2013, fans were freaking out by how the RT score kept dropping.

In 2016, fans will freak out about what you just mentioned.

I really don't want to think what 2017 will entail.

Personally, I'm not going to have any more expectations anymore. I'm just going to watch it and see these films for what they are. The only franchise that has ever met my expectations is the MCU.

Well, I guess I have to see the film for myself to decide...but yeah, I can't say that I'm the biggest fan of how it turns out, regarding the fight and the finale.

Superman fighting batman because Lex has his mom and Lois being the one to save Superman from getting killed by Batman.

Superman really needed this win or for the fight to end in a draw. I'm afraid that a lot of dumbass fans are just going to use this as further ammunition to insult the character.

Not to mention, I know that I'm not the only one who had issues with the fact that Superman "dies" in this film. While I've started to make peace with it, I don't think a lot of superman fans will like it.

While I do believe it has the chance/potential to be done well, I will also maintain my belief that I don't think this was the right story to tell at this particular point.

I've said it before that if the want Superman dead, kill him off in one of the Justice League movies. I wonder if they are backing themselves into a corner here going into the JL film.

So does this mean that, from this point on (well from the release of the film), that people will always believe that Batman is capable of killing Superman?

I've said it before that if the want Superman dead, kill him off in one of the Justice League movies. I wonder if they are backing themselves into a corner here going into the JL film.

Yeah, they really are putting themselves into a tight spot.

I guess Box Office Z, from Box Office Theory Forums, really was full of ****.

I think we should start a list of posters from other forums who have been known to troll people with these types of posts so that way we don't fall for them the next time.lol

But yeah, I may end up loving the execution, but I don't believe this was the right timing. You don't do a death and return arc for Superman before assembling the JL and having him lose to Batman.

I only say that because MOS gave so many freaking people the impression that Superman was an incompetent hero as a result of the carnage left in Metropolis and how he left his father to die.

I think it's going to be a blood bath in here.lol

In 2013, fans were freaking out by how the RT score kept dropping.

In 2016, fans will freak out about what you just mentioned.

I really don't want to think what 2017 will entail.

Personally, I'm not going to have any more expectations anymore. I'm just going to watch it and see these films for what they are. The only franchise that has ever met my expectations is the MCU.

I asked you before whether you would be fine if the movie ended with it, hinting that superman is alive and you said you would be okay with it. Do you still feel this way, now that you know how it ends? If you do, now are you upset about how the fight goes down with Batman?

So real quick question... Not attacking anyone but genuinely curious... Why is everyone instantly believing this one guy that quickly chimed in that it was legit...?

I only say that because MOS gave so many freaking people the impression that Superman was an incompetent hero as a result of the carnage left in Metropolis and how he left his father to die.

It didn't give people that impression, it gave over opinionated psuedo-nerds looking for "geek-cred" on the internet that impression.

Honestly everyone I talk to who doesn't read comics has said that Batman beating Superman seems silly.

I'm pretty sure they're going to still think that no matter how the fight ends up. Superman is not gonna go full power on this guy.

Reminder that so far in the context of this movie, an experienced Batman in power armor, with Kryptonite, fails to defeat an inexperienced, unfocused Superman.

But yeah, I may end up loving the execution, but I don't believe this was the right timing. You don't do a death and return arc for Superman before assembling the JL and having him lose to Batman.
I think it will work. Essentially being a case of be careful for what you wish for. Batman starts out hating Superman and wanting him dead. At the end of the film, he sees Superman for the hero that he is, and is deflated he's dead.

So real quick question... Not attacking anyone but genuinely curious... Why is everyone instantly believing this one guy that quickly chimed in that it was legit...?

Because another poster just confirmed it with the Mexico showings.

I think it will work. Essentially being a case of be careful for what you wish for. Batman starts out hating Superman and wanting him dead. At the end of the film, he sees Superman for the hero that he is, and is deflated he's dead.

That may be, but it won't change on how the GA and fans will look at it.

I asked you before whether you would be fine if the movie ended with it, hinting that superman is alive and you said you would be okay with it. Do you still feel this way, now that you know how it ends? If you do, now are you upset about how the fight goes down with Batman?

Well I'm going to have to wait and see the final shot of the film. If it looks like it was very obvious that there was signs of life shown at Superman's grave, where you don't have to purchase the film on blu-ray and adjust the volume to its highest in order to hear the heartbeat, then I'll take that.

But if it's like one of those things where you really have to grasp at straws and think that the film is trying to hint at his survival, then no..I won't like it.

I've never been a fan of Batman beating Superman here. I didn't want the other way around either and wanted them to end the fight in a draw.

What's worse is that it takes Lois Lane to save Clark.

So it's real. We'll see how it goes in the execution, then.

Astorgh, is there anything of importance in the movie regarding Lex/OS?
Kinda strange if it does not play into the plot given how it's marketed.

To play the devil's advocate, realizing that you acted like a jackass should be enough for someone to feel guilty, no? You don't need someone to die for another character to realize that.

So far, my worry is with forcing a link with Justice League so early (specifically the Flash cameo). It seems like they're going to use Flashpoint as source material with some changes. I don't mind that, but I don't think it was necessary to put that into the story of BvS.

But if it's like one of those things where you really have to grasp at straws and think that the film is trying to hint at his survival, then no..I won't like it.
The outline says you can see there's movement above the grave, and on the soundtrack cue, 'This is My World', there's also gentle statements of the Zimmer Superman theme, suggesting he's still alive and kicking.

Astorgh was at the premiere, as proven in his Instagram pics. Whether he's under NDA or embargo in his claims I have no idea, so judge as you see fit.

To play the devil's advocate, realizing that you acted like a jackass should be enough for someone to feel guilty, no? You don't need someone to die for another character to realize that.
I think it's more your initial dream coming true, and instead becoming a nightmare. Bruce seemingly starts out feeling insecure superpowered beings exist. But at the end, he realises they need to team up against other threats, otherwise Earth is doomed.

The outline says you can see there's movement above the grave, and on the soundtrack cue, 'This is My World', there's also gentle statements of the Zimmer Superman theme, suggesting he's still alive and kicking.

Well I guess I'll have to wait and see.

And if you guys thought that I was a wreck for the last few days, you should see on how my female friend responded.lol

She's now worried and fearing that Lois is going to move on with her life, via SR style, during Clark's time away and by the time he comes back in JL, she'll no longer be available for him.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"