BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Lex Luthor names all the members of the Justice League and gives them their symbols"

this doesn't happen

please tell me this doesn't happen

Lex has been compiling a list of metahumans. He has footage on The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and WW. The files are marked with their symbols but the symbols are from the heroes. So WW's file has he symbol...but that' because Lex has a pic of her in costume from WW1. Aquaman's symbol is on his belt. Lex has security footage of Barry moving super fast and he seems to be giving off a lot more lightning effects than the TV show does...which fuse out the camera...which is why Lex uses the lightning bolt symbol. Cyborg's file is marked with a C and that' not really stretch because Cyborg is a cyborg.

I am not sure if he names them

Lex has been compiling a list of metahumans. He has footage on The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg and WW. The files are marked with their symbols but the symbols are from the heroes. So WW's file has he symbol...but that' because Lex has a pic of her in costume from WW1. Aquaman's symbol is on his belt. Lex has security footage of Barry moving super fast and he seems to be giving off a lot more lightning effects than the TV show does...which fuse out the camera...which is why Lex uses the lightning bolt symbol. Cyborg's file is marked with a C and that' not really stretch because Cyborg is a cyborg.

I am not sure if he names them

Makes perfect sense to me, nice :up:

"Lex, being the vindictive-and-unhinged replacement for the Joker that he is, leaves his own personal cup of “peach tea” for a character, in a scene I wont spoil"

this was in a review I read, please tell me this doesn't happen

Fresh off the 4chan bashing thread from earlier?

"Lex, being the vindictive-and-unhinged replacement for the Joker that he is, leaves his own personal cup of “peach tea” for a character, in a scene I wont spoil"

this was in a review I read, please tell me this doesn't happen

It does, and it's a d*** creepy scene. It works in the movie, has some dark humor. Holly Hunter really sells the fear of her character in that scene. You can probably guess what scene I'm talking about.

Personal cup of peach tea for a character?

Wtf does this mean?

Personal cup of peach tea for a character?

Wtf does this mean?

Do you really want it spoiled?

It's part of a disparaging joke Finch makes toward Luthor when she denies him permission to import the Kryptonite.

That joke comes back to haunt her at the hearing.

Do you really want it spoiled?

It's part of a disparaging joke Finch makes toward Luthor when she denies him permission to import the Kryptonite.

That joke comes back to haunt her at the hearing.

I... I don't get it. What does peaches and teas have to do with anything.

I'm dumb. I guess it will work when I see the movie.

The only thing that's kinda dragging my hype down for this are people describing Superman and Batman as really violent.

It sounds like they're exaggerating like crazy. I hope the "kills" by Batman just look like some brutal hits rather than explicit murder.

It's time for Batman's cardio workout. We see him doing cross-fit earlier in the day and his afternoon / evening workout session is running. And grappling. And running.

Batman is also responsible for luring Doomsday to the area of Gotham where the kryptonite spear is located. So, he also gets Doomsday in position for the take-down and inadvertently crafted just the weapon needed to stop Doomsday.

Fantastic. Thank you.

The only thing that's kinda dragging my hype down for this are people describing Superman and Batman as really violent.

It sounds like they're exaggerating like crazy. I hope the "kills" by Batman just look like some brutal hits rather than explicit murder.

Nothing Superman did was more violent than what we see in the cartoon or the comics.
Batman was more brutal much like TDKR. The point of that was to show he was becoming more brutal. Alfred calls him out for the branding. At the end of the film when he visits Lex in prison...he grabs him and is about to brand him but brands the wall instead...signifying him pulling back from his brutal ways

He doesn't seriously try to get someone to drink it. He uses it to intimidate someone and to prove to them that he is in control.

THIS.

This is the thing that has killed my anticipation for the movie.

Seriously? Whose idea was this? It's disgusting and not even remotely in Lex's character.

THIS.

Seriously? Whose idea was this? It's disgusting and not even remotely in Lex's character.

You have to see the movie. It plays better than its being described here

THIS.

This killed your anticipation for the movie? Some of you are so dramatic.

This killed your anticipation for the movie? Some of you are so dramatic.

I'm not dramatic. I haven't had a huge reaction to the rotten reviews.

This is just disgusting and so out of character by Lex in an attempt to be "dark".

It's proof what the negative reviews are saying. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up prior to this.

This is just disgusting and so out of character by Lex in an attempt to be "dark".

It's proof what the negative reviews are saying. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up prior to this.

Like I said you have to see the scene play out because the descriptions people are posting don't do the scene justice. Lex doesn't try to get anyone to drink his piss. It is an intimidation

I agree with Roach. It doesn't seem cheesy at all in the film.

If you watch it, I think most of you would agree. Jesse's Lex was not what I was expecting, but it worked really well.

I'll keep an open mind, but it still sounds out of character.

I don't think it's out of character for Lex to intimidate someone and then let them know they were right about him...right before he kills them

See it in the movie. It is one of my favorite moments. As for "being out of character"? I tend to think that like any world conquering super villain type, no matter their supposed "philosophical" depths, Dr. Doom, Thanos, Darkseid, whomever, what you have are men that are violent thugs to one degree or the other. Not much is beyond those guys. And again... Watch the film. Like the horse head scene in the GODFATHER simply describing it does not do the moment Justice. The Finch and Lex stuff is great stuff to my eyes.

I hope the "kills" by Batman just look like some brutal hits rather than explicit murder.

No. Batman does kill. In a Batmobile chase scene, he presumably kills at least a few bad guys. And in a Batwing attack scene, he definitely kills a few bad guys. When in one-on-one combat, Batman seems to avoid kills, unless he has no other choice (i.e. turning a machine gun away from him while it is still being fired by a bad guy, which means that the bullets would potentially hit other bad guys). He also kills bad guys to save the lives of innocent people.

But, Batman being Batman, they could have chosen to depict him as inflicting any number of lethal hits on the bad guys. Or they could have even given him some Batguns. Batman is shown to have crossed the line, but he's also shown to have stepped back over that line by the end of the film. I think it generally works for a much older and battle-weary version of Batman who has suffered a lot, both emotionally and physically over a 20 odd year career as Batman.

I mean, it could just be actual Peach Tea. Nobody tasted it to find out.

I'm sure Clark's super senses woulda had him ask who peed if it were.

No. Batman does kill. In a Batmobile chase scene, he presumably kills at least a few bad guys. And in a Batwing attack scene, he definitely kills a few bad guys. When in one-on-one combat, Batman seems to avoid kills, unless he has no other choice (i.e. turning a machine gun away from him while it is still being fired by a bad guy, which means that the bullets would potentially hit other bad guys). He also kills bad guys to save the lives of innocent people.

But, Batman being Batman, they could have chosen to depict him as inflicting any number of lethal hits on the bad guys. Or they could have even given him some Batguns. Batman is shown to have crossed the line, but he's also shown to have stepped back over that line by the end of the film. I think it generally works for a much older and battle-weary version of Batman who has suffered a lot, both emotionally and physically over a 20 odd year career as Batman.

So it's more like at the end of Rises where he obliterates the truck Talia was driving?

If I even remember that right, I saw the movie once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"