The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 4 Episode 16 "A" Discussion Thread

I also wonder how Maggie, Glenn, Abraham, etc. got captured? Did they stumble on something they weren't supposed to at Terminus? Was the food drugged or what?

I think the food is drugged.

No, it things. :o

tumblr_my0rw2qRkl1qfou5xo1_500.gif

The Walking Dead - Season 4 Finale - Ratings Record
Posted by DarkUFO at Monday, March 31, 2014

THE SEASON FOUR FINALE OF “The Walking Dead” ANCHORS

RECORD-BREAKING NIGHT ON AMC

SEASON FOUR FINALE OF “The Walking Dead” DELIVERS 15.7 MILLION VIEWERS AND 10.2 MILLION ADULTS 18-49 – A FINALE RECORD

THE “TALKING DEAD” AFTERSHOW DELIVERS A SERIES RECORD 7.3 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS AND 4.7 MILLION ADULTS 18-49

“COMIC BOOK MEN” CAPS THE NIGHT WITH 1.1 MILLION VIEWERS AND 715,000 ADULTS 18-49

NEW YORK, NY – March, 31, 2014 – Last night’s season four finale of “The Walking Dead” set a new finale record, delivering 15.7 million viewers and 10.2 million adults 18-49. The dramatic episode anchored a record-breaking night on AMC, with the live “Talking Dead” aftershow delivering a series record 7.3 million viewers and 4.7 million adults 18-49. To cap the night, the third season finale of AMC’s “Comic Book Men” at midnight was watched by 1.1 million viewers and 715,000 adults 18-49.

Season four set a new viewership record for “The Walking Dead,” averaging 13.3 million live/same day viewers per episode and 8.6 million adults 18-49, an increase of +24%/+22% over the season three average.

“The linear television business is Dead and well,” said Charlie Collier, AMC president. “Thanks to Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, the other terrific executive producers and the entire cast, crew and network for working together to bring the fans (myself included) another Unforgettable season of ‘The Walking Dead.’ To see this show serve as the centerpiece of a truly historic night on AMC is truly gratifying. So many played a role in this success, across all three shows, in giving the fans a reason to continue to return in ever-greater numbers. And so we say, until next fall, ‘Welcome to Terminus.’”

Following the 9 pm premiere of “The Walking Dead,” AMC presented “Talking Dead,” at 10 pm. Hosted by Chris Hardwick, the most-watched “Talking Dead” episode in series history featured Executive Producer and showrunner Scott Gimple and, for the first time on the show, Andrew Lincoln.

Key Nielsen Highlights for the season four finale of “The Walking Dead”

9 pm airing – 8.0 national HH rating with 15.7 million viewers
9 pm airing – 8.0 national rating with 10.2 million Adults 18-49
9 pm airing – 7.8 national rating with 9.3 million Adults 25-54

Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three finale of “Talking Dead”

10 pm airing – 3.8 national HH rating with 7.3 million viewers
10 pm airing – 3.7 national rating with 4.7 million Adults 18-49
10 pm airing – 3.7 national rating with 4.4 million Adults 25-54

Key Nielsen Highlights for the season three finale of “Comic Book Men”

12 am airing – 0.8 national HH rating with 1.1 million viewers
12 am airing – 0.6 national rating with 715,000 Adults 18-49
12 am airing – 0.6 national rating with 666,000 Adults 25.54

Source: Nielsen, Live+SD. Fast Nationals Sunday 3/30/14

The season four finale of “The Walking Dead” also dominated TV-related Twitter activity, and was the #1 non-sports related program of the night on Twitter across all cable and broadcast networks, with 1.01 million show-related Tweets from 356,770 unique authors, generating a total of 63.11 million Twitter TV impressions, according to Nielsen. Twitter activity peaked at 9:22 pm EST with 25,183 Tweets, representing 84.6 percent of all television-related Twitter activity at that time. “The Walking Dead” was also the #1 non-sports related program for the day in TV-related Twitter activity, with the most unique authors and total Tweets. Leading into the premiere, a “Twitter takeover” live chat with the show’s cast and crew helped spike show-related tweets. With fans sending in their questions to Robert Kirkman, Scott Gimple, Gale Anne Hurd, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, and more, the dedicated hashtag, #askTWD, was trending world wide on Twitter. The finale also generated dozens of simultaneous trending topics including #TheWalkingDead, TheWalkingDeadMarathon, TWD, Hershel, TheWalkingDeadSeasonFinale, RickandDaryl, Michonne, and TalkingDead.

“The Walking Dead” finale was also a trending topic of discussion on Facebook and over a 12-hour period, from 3:00 pm - 3:00 am EST, 3.1 million people had 5.8 million interactions surrounding “The Walking Dead.”

http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/03/the-walking-dead-season-4-finale_3291.html
AMC

I have to say that I admire Rick's confidence given that they're out gunned, manned and generally in a ****ed situation. :oldrazz:

Gimple went on to say not everything as it seems there. So that pile of human skeletons? That doesn't necessarily mean they're cannibals.

Maybe they just like to have open-air graves for some reason...:huh:

If Batman knew, he'd probably make an exception to his "no killing" rule.

the finale episode had a pretty heavy "food" theme. the flashbacks to the prison were about planting a garden (along with Rick trying to to whatever with Carl), Rick asked Carl and Michonne how hungry they were, Rick talked to Michonne about how different it is to be thinking about food all the time, then the real setup was the lesson on the trap. Terminus being one big trap, where they were lead via gunshot and closed doors straight to the noose. all for the sole purpose of feeding the inhabitants of Terminus. perfect episode imo.

the finale episode had a pretty heavy "food" theme. the flashbacks to the prison were about planting a garden (along with Rick trying to to whatever with Carl), Rick asked Carl and Michonne how hungry they were, Rick talked to Michonne about how different it is to be thinking about food all the time, then the real setup was the lesson on the trap. Terminus being one big trap, where they were lead via gunshot and closed doors straight to the noose. all for the sole purpose of feeding the inhabitants of Terminus. perfect episode imo.

You forgot to add that Rick feasted like the walkers do, by biting a man's neck. I know it wasn't because he was hungry, but surely the message was there that in order to survive you often have to lose your humanity.

Watching the Talking Dead aftershow, I think the only way they could not be cannibals is if they were a previously safe haven for real, and those names and momentos are those who were lost to a raid or attack by another group of people, possibly including some from the Hunter group Daryl was with.

Now they distrust anyone who wanders in until they feel they are safe and not a threat. If they killed then stripped the bodies of flesh of those who attacked them, that would explain the pile of skeletal remains we saw.

Even that though is a wild, out-there guess as to how it could be they aren't cannibals yet have all those signs pointing toward it.

It was all foreshadow. Like at the beginning of the episode when Rick was showing Carl how to make a trap by, "forcing them all to come this way." The terminus people (cannibals) used signs and radio transmissions as their traps as well as the barriers and closed/open doors once they were trying to flee from while being shot at. Also near the end when the guy By not calling them by their names they were doing the same thing Rick did with Carl by telling him not to name the pigs because they would be food at some point.

I was kinda dissapointed of this finale,that part when one or two walkers saw Rick then in the next scene the whole group of walkers was after Rick and company was pretty stupid in my opinion.

Ugh, I hate friggin Rick! Why does the show keep teasing me with his death only to have him survive like some god damn Superman? The guy is beyond awful, yet has his butt kissed and propped up like some hero. He's just as monstrous as the rest of the world around him

I was kinda dissapointed of this finale,that part when one or two walkers saw Rick then in the next scene the whole group of walkers was after Rick and company was pretty stupid in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure it's been established somewhere that the walkers have a pack mentality; that if one walker starts beating on a closed door, a bunch of others will mindlessly join in.

Ugh, I hate friggin Rick! Why does the show keep teasing me with his death only to have him survive like some god damn Superman? The guy is beyond awful, yet has his butt kissed and propped up like some hero. He's just as monstrous as the rest of the world around him
Oh you and your bad opinions. :o:up:

Batman would be ashamed of Narrows boy if he saw what he grew up to become.. actually I've never seen a single episode of Game of Thrones so I'm just assuming.

You've got it right. I was at the Dark Knight trilogy screening the night TDKR opened. When the fake cop shoved that kid, half the audience applauded. :funny:

Doing something differently =/= screwing it up.

That's right up there with the phrase "But I'm a purist..."

Translation: "I'm an unreasonable pain in the ass who's going to whine like an infant that something was changed without even bothering to watch what they did or see where it goes..."

God, rewatching the finale... that guy attacking Carl was just terrifying. The way he was just giggling as Carl was squirming and fighting, I almost felt physically ill.

If someone merged that guy with Errol Childress from True Detective, I'm pretty sure I'd just kill myself to avoid ever crossing paths with such a person. :o

In fairness to Rick he generally leaves people alone as long as they don't threaten him or his group first, nor does he prey on those who are in a weaker position.

The same can't be said about the likes of the Governor and Joe.

In fairness to Rick he generally leaves people alone as long as they don't threaten him or his group first, nor does he prey on those who are in a weaker position.

The same can't be said about the likes of the Governor and Joe.
thats now what happened in this episode. He got ambushed by a group that wanted retribution for Rick attacking and killing one of their members weeks ago. Rick is the one that started this fight and proceeded to slaughter all of them. I get that he had little choice at this point for his own survival, but again he is the one that struck first by murdering one of their own. If the roles were reversed and someone just came and killed Michonne or Carl, he'd have been just as vengeful. He wouldnt just leave it alone. I just cant see him as a hero and think he's a monster, just like many of those he continues to kill. This episode showed that, but he's the main protagonist so they try their best to paint him in a positive light but that halo is more than crooked. If the show was told from the point of view of a different set of survivors, most would probably see Rick in the same way as other randoms we come across in this universe. I really don't see him as all that different

"A" was an awesome finish to the season and now I can't wait for October!

I don't think Beth is at Terminus. It just doesn't fit the profile for them to go out and kidnap victims. As many posters have said Terminus is all about trapping. I think Beth was "rescued" by the occupant/owner of the Funeral Home. Beth will re-surface...... somewhere.

Now as to Tyrese, Carol and Judith? They could already be at Terminus, tho nothing (aside from possibly the powdered milk) concrete points that way. If they are not in Terminus my bet is that they were approaching it when the gunfire erupted and they were at a vantage point to see Rick and Co. taken capture. They are instrumental in an escape and Termination of Terminus.

Tho if they are at Terminus and something horrific already occurred to them, it could be the spark to once again ignite another appearance of bezerker Rick. "Don't make me angry........."

BTW the powdered milk means something. The camera lingered on it too long for it to be meaningless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"