The Winter Soldier The Winter Soldier Thread

http://captainwhizbang.tumblr.com/post/82513675140/nightcall-a-cyberpunk-80s-winter-soldier

tumblr_n3orjcikqX1qzxp8ao2_1280.png

tumblr_n3orjcikqX1qzxp8ao1_1280.png

Now that I think about it, that was a pretty impressive act by Bucky. Not considering the emotional impact of saving a man you were desperately trying to kill a moment before, just the fact that he was able to lift Steve (who's heavier than he looks :oldrazz:) and get to shore with a broken arm is remarkable. Metal arm carrying a 240lb man, other arm broken.

Oh, and that fan art is SWEET.

Man, I'm really gonna miss that long hair if they cut it for Cap3...

They can't. He won't be the Winter Soldier anymore :(

He'll just be Bucky with a metal arm.

I bought the art book of the winter soldier

there is an interesting fact in that book that may interest you guys.

The technology applied to make that metal arm is slightly beyond what tony stark can do up at this moment..

Seems like hydra is one step ahead!!

On a sidenote, I like the little sound effects heard whenever the Winter Soldier attacked with his metallic arm.

On a sidenote, I like the little sound effects heard whenever the Winter Soldier attacked with his metallic arm.
Agreed. I also liked the little details of the different plates of metal moving when he goes to exert more force (I primarily remember that happening in the final fight on the helicarrier in one of the close up shots)

I bought the art book of the winter soldier

there is an interesting fact in that book that may interest you guys.

The technology applied to make that metal arm is slightly beyond what tony stark can do up at this moment..

Seems like hydra is one step ahead!!

Interesting, I really want to see Iron Man and The Winter Soldier cross paths given the revelations regarding Tony's parents being assassinated.

I imagine Tony knows that the Winter Soldier killed his parents, so if he and Bucky ever met I think Tony would probably want him dead, and poor Steve would have to try to keep that from happening. It would probably take a lot of persuading from Steve to convince Tony that Bucky wasn't really responsible, and even after that I'm not sure Tony could stand to be around him.

Personally, I'm not so certain that WS was behind Howard & Maria's assassination. It was reported as a car accident and WS doesn't strike me as the type that they'd thaw out for a kill that was going to be staged and trumped up to an accident. He seems more straight forward than that and (to me) it seems like they'd mainly use him for kills that they want to be known as assassinations.

That's just my take on it (I acknowledge the MCU may prove me wrong)

Personally, I'm not so certain that WS was behind Howard & Maria's assassination. It was reported as a car accident and WS doesn't strike me as the type that they'd thaw out for a kill that was going to be staged and trumped up to an accident. He seems more straight forward than that and (to me) it seems like they'd mainly use him for kills that they want to be known as assassinations.

That was my thought too, that causing a car accident seems like something any hitman could do and wouldn't require a trump card like the Winter Soldier. I mean I'm sure he's had to kill people in ways that looked like accidents before (his comics counterpart actually did that more often than not, if I recall) but it seems a bit risky to use him on someone as high profile as Howard Stark. Like you'd think that if it was somebody that famous the accident would be thoroughly investigated and the chances of someone discovering it was actually foul play are higher.

But I did hear from a girl on tumblr who attended an event at USC recently where the Russo brothers were talking to fans. She actually asked them directly about this and they said that yes, they were implying that it was the WS who killed the Starks. There's no video or official interview quote though, you'd just have to take that girl's word for it. :)

I guess it could be said that since it would be such a high profile death, the WS was the best man for the job because he's the least likely to make a mistake?

I imagine Tony knows that the Winter Soldier killed his parents, so if he and Bucky ever met I think Tony would probably want him dead, and poor Steve would have to try to keep that from happening. It would probably take a lot of persuading from Steve to convince Tony that Bucky wasn't really responsible, and even after that I'm not sure Tony could stand to be around him.

It's the uncertainty which I think would make Tony and Bucky crossing paths so interesting, Tony would be sure and hot headed as always, Bucky wouldn't know because of all the memory wipes and Steve would be in the middle asking Tony to look deeper to be sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"