The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season III

The Joker gagged, his hand curling around the whip.

"You're...ack...good, toots," he sputtered, "But you're...no...Batman!"

The Joker pressed a button stitched into his jacket. A spring-activated boxing glove burst out of the back of his suit, smacking Catwoman right under the chin and sending her flying through the air. She landed with a hard thud on the ground.

"Gotcha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The Joker pulled off his shredded jacket, throwing it into the chopper. He slowly rolled up his sleeves.

"You know, usually I'm a lover, not a fighter," said The Joker, "But I'm going to make an exception for you, sweetcheeks."

Catwoman was lying on the ground, in pain. Plus, she was a woman. Smacking her around would be fun. The Joker picked up Catwoman's whip, cracking it against the ground.

"You've been a naughty girl," cackled The Joker, swinging the whip overhead, "You deserve to be spanked..."

Selina felt her jaw. It was going to be on hell of a tomorrow. She sprung up only to get smacked with her own weapon. The Joker lifted the leather piece and twirled it around his head once more, this time when he let it go Catwoman grabbed the end. She tugged it hard, pulling the clown to the ground. Selina whipped the thick end of the whip at his head. Flipping forward, she kicked him in the gut.

“I always hated clowns,” she said, “I am going to enjoy this,”

Spinning off the ground, she plunged into him, claws extended, ripping out a part of his flesh.

“How long is going to take for you to learn this isn’t your city to take?”

LiveWire.jpg

“What’s this again?”
“It’s an old Earth delicacy, Garth, called tomato soup.”
Garth Ranzz, the Legionnaire called Live Wire, looked at the bowl of red liquid sitting on a plate in front him that the Legion’s resident cook, Tenzil Kem, had handed him. The soup was steaming hot; the outside of the bowl was quickly covering in condensation due to the cool temperature of the room.
Seeing Garth’s hesitant expression, Kem chimed in, “You said you wanted to try something different, said you were in the mood for a good soup. Well, this is a good soup.”
“Yeah, I did say I wanted to try something different, didn’t I.”
“Oh, hold that thought…” said Kem as he sprinkled some green herb on the soup. Seeing the bits of the herb floating in the steaming bowl of red liquid, Garth gave Kem a puzzled look.
“Parsley”, Kem stated with smile, “Really complements the flavor of the soup.”
After a few seconds of staring at the bowl of red fluid with little green bits drifting on it’s surface, Garth grabbed the spoon and dipped it in the soup. He brought it to his lips and slurped it down. It was hot, but it was nice and smooth and rich in flavor.
Nodding his head in approval to Tenzil Kem, Garth said, “Hey, you’re right, Tenzil. That’s some good stuff.”
“See? What did I tell you, Garth?”
“Thanks, Kem”, Garth said with a wave as he walked into the seating area of the mess hall.
There were only a few other Legionnaires there at the time.
Jo Nah, codenamed Ultra Boy, was sitting at a table talking to woman who isn’t there, Tinya Wazzo, also called Apparition. The pair had become close, but they weren’t able to take their growing relationship to the next level due to Jo’s inability to see that the boss of his then group, the Work Force, was morally questionable. Later on, when the Earth was being ravaged by a group of Daxamites, who were members of the racist group the White Triangle, Jo fought along side Tinya to stop the Daxamites and save the Earth from total destruction. Sadly, at the end, Jo was unable to save Apparition who was killed by one of the Daxamites’ blasts of flash vision. Still, as bad as it sounds, the story had a happy ending. When Tinya died, she was somehow able to take advantage of Ultra Boy’s invulnerability and survived, in an ethereal state, inside Jo’s body.
After some time, Tinya was able to extract herself from Ultra Boy’s body, but only Jo and her mother were able to see her. Now the pair is reunited, and Jo’s guilt over Tinya’s death was gone. And, even though they could never touch, they were truly happy.

Garth smiled at that thought. He used to feel a bit of envy at seeing the other Legionnaire couples, and it didn't sit well with him to feel that way about his friends and teammates. But now, he felt their joy, for, after a long time, he had taken his sister’s advice and began dating fellow Legionnaire, Saturn Girl. Imra Ardeen. The most beautiful girl he had ever laid his eyes on. He loved her the moment he saw her. Just thinking about Imra put warmth in his heart and a smile of joy on his face.

Not wanting to bother Jo and Tinya, Garth made his was to the other Legionnaire that was sitting in the mess hall at the time, his sister, Ayla Ranzz, aka Spark. Garth and Ayla were twins, and, along with their older brother Mekt, the three went off joyriding in their parent’s ship. Unfortunately, they had to make an emergency landing on the planet called Korbal. Their ship’s power core was drained, but the trio attempted to herd a group of lightning beasts, the only real indigenous animal of the planet, to their ship in order to use the creature’s electrical powers to recharge it. The plan backfired though, and the beasts turning on them, blasting the siblings with electrical energy. Amazingly, the attack did not kill them though, but instead gave them the ability to generate and channel electricity akin to the lightning beasts.
With his powers, Garth ended up becoming a founding member of the Legion, and Ayla joined later on. Mekt, however, took a different road, and used his powers for his own selfish reason in taking a life of crime.
“Hey, sis, mind if I join you?”
Ayla took a sip of her drink, a dark purple liquid that Garth had no idea what it was, “Sure, have a seat.”
Garth sat down and took another slurp from his tomato soup. Looking at Ayla’s drink as she took another sip, he asked curiously, “Just what is that you’re drinking?”
“Braalian tea”, she answered in between sips, “I tried some of Cos’ the other day, and I’ve been hooked ever since.”
Ayla put the drink down and leaned over the table to stare quizzically at what Garth was eating. Seeing his sister’s unspoken question, Garth responded, “It’s an old Earth delicacy called tomato soup. At least that’s what Kem said.”
“Is it good?”
“You bet. Want to try some?” Garth said as he handed Ayla the spoon.
“Sure, why not”, said Ayla with a big smile on her face.
Ayla dipped the spoon into the steaming red liquid and brought it to her lips, slurping it down. Smacking her lips for a few seconds, a look of disgust came across her face. “Ewww! Garth, how can you eat that? It tastes horrible.”
Garth smiled and stared directly at Ayla as he grabbed the bowl from the sides, brought it up to his mouth, and took a big gulp.
“Ahhhh…tastes even better now”, he said with a teasing smirk on his face.
Ayla just crossed her arms and shook her head.
Now, it was Garth’s turn to lean across the table and grab Ayla’s glass of Braalian tea.
“Hey!”
“What? You tried my soup, so I get to taste this spectacular tea of yours.”
“I know, but you could’ve at least asked.”
Garth took a sip of the tea, and then held it out in front of him, as if inspecting the glass intently. As he nodded his head, Garth stated, “Not bad…if one considers the bodily fluid of a Sloth-Ape tasty.”
“Give me that!” said Ayla as she snatched the drink out of Garth’s hand with an irritated look on her face. Seeing his sister’s facial expression, Garth just laughed.

After a minute of silence, Ayla smiles and asks, “So…how are thing going with you and Imra?”
Garth put down his spoon and sat up straight as he smiled warmly, “Well, as you know we’ve only been seeing each other for about a week, but things are going great so far.”
Garth leaned forward and looked at Ayla keenly, “I want to thank you, sis, for urging me to tell her how I feel about her.”
“Wow, Garth Ranzz…thanking me for advice? I’ll have to mark today on my calendar”, replies Ayla, with a mild chuckle.
Seeing Garth purse his lips in a frown, Ayla states, “I’m only teasing. Even though I’m sure she already knew how you felt, being a telepath and all, it’s good that you finally got the nerve and told her.”
Ayla leaned back in her seat, took another sip of her Braalian tea, and gave her brother a playful half smile, “Women like a confident man after all.”
“So I’ve heard”, said Garth, as he downed another spoonful of tomato soup.
After another minute of awkward silence, Ayla speaks again, but this time in a more serious and concerned tone, “So, Garth…how’s the arm doing?”
“It’s ok…Dr. Gym’ll said I’ll never be able to channel my lightning powers through it though.”
“I’m sorry to hear that, Garth.”
“So am I. I’ve been meaning to ask Brainy if he can help me out with it…maybe fix it up so that it would be able to guide my electrical powers through it.”

When Garth came to after the incident with the lightning beasts, Mekt was gone and Ayla was still in a coma. He left immediately though to find Mekt and make sure he was all right. His search took him to Earth, where he saved the life of the richest man in the galaxy, R.J. Brande, along with Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl. Afterwards, Brande talked them in to forming the Legion of Superheroes, which would be the living embodiment of the newly formed United Planets.
After many adventures with and without the Legion, Garth eventually was able to continue his search for Mekt. He eventually found Mekt, but it was not the happy reunion that he had hoped for. Mekt was no longer the big brother Garth had idolized growing up on their home planet, Winath. He had become a heartless criminal and terrorist called Lightning Lord who was out to exterminate every being in the galaxy with lightning powers so that he could be unique.
Luckily for Garth, Ayla arrived in time to help him defeat Mekt by combining their powers…but at the expense of Garth’s right arm, which was incinerated. Mekt had been taken into custody by the Science Police, who were the peacekeepers of the UP, but that did little to alleviate the sorrow he felt of having lost his big brother.

“You should go talk to Brainy, Garth. If anyone could help you out, it’s him. I wouldn’t wait though; the sooner you talk to him, the sooner you can work something out after all.”

“More sisterly advice?” asks Garth with smile.
“Of course”, Ayla said as she smiled right back.

Garth finished his bowl of soup and wiped a bit of the red liquid from his mouth and sighed in satisfaction. “Now that was some good stuff.”
Ayla laughed, “Yeah, if one considers the bodily fluid of a Sloth-Ape tasty.”
Both brother and sister shared a good laugh at Ayla’s reiteration of the same comment Garth made about her Braalian tea.
Wiping a tear from her eye, Ayla asked, “So, Brande asked you to lead the Legion while we were stuck in the past.”
“Yeah, he did”, Garth said a bit uneasily. He was uncomfortable with being named Legion leader, and was more than happy to see Invisible Kid take over that role after a formal election was held upon the return of the missing Legionnaires from the 20th century, who were thrown back in time by the Emerald Eye of Ekron, a sentient mystical artifact of unimaginable power.
Seeing his look of uneasiness, Ayla leaned over the table and grabbed his left hand in hers and gave it a squeeze.
“Hey, you did a fantastic job, Garth. You really did. I know you weren’t comfortable with the burden of command, but you did a great job”, she said with a sincere look in her eyes.
Garth smiled back and nodded his head slightly, “Thanks, Ayla.”
Silence again descended upon the table, but this time in was not in the least bit awkward.

I turn on the TV and flip to the news.

"10 people dead and Police believe it to be the work of the Gang Wars."

Should I restore the peace? I walk to my closet and take out a red mask.The mask of my dark side, the mask of the Red Hood. Should I risk it? My answer.............yes. I take out a trenchcoat and put my cigerettes and lighter in the pockets. I also take a pistol for my protection.

"Time to perform the ultimate sting operation."

The Joker was seething in pain as Catwoman knocked him to the ground. But still, he struggled out a laugh.

"Heh heh, I always....loved a woman on top! HA HA!"

The Joker grabbed Catwoman's breast in his hand, causing her to look down. The Joker used the distraction to elbow Catwoman on the side of the head, knocking her off of him.

With a wince of pain, he struggled to his feet. His nose was bleeding. He looked at his arm, and then he spotted the chunk of flesh she'd taken out of his arm.

"Jesus! You ruined my shirt!" he cried, "Oh, you're going to pay you dirty ****e."

The Joker kicked Catwoman hard in the ribs as she lay on the ground.

"rrrrrrrrr"

"Rrrrrrrr"

"RRRRRR" "RUMBLE"

A whirling figure rises up through the floor of Batman's cell. Batman is nowhere to be seen, but the telltale sign of a bat explosive shows that the cell was blown apart.

"Batman. Where are you?"

Diana noticed something else. A sort of sweet aroma that reminded her of spoiled fruit. That's when she realized.

"Oh no."

Diana's skin began to crawl. She noticed that her teeth felt fuzzy. She was very thirsty.

"Water. I need... I need some water."

"WATER!!!"

Wonder Woman rockets straight through the ceiling. She appears a mile above Liberty Island and then looks around. She notices Joker and Catwoman playing near the Chopper.

"Water. There's a whole bunch of water in Gotham. I could make a special fountain in the middle of that Gladiator Arena where they play the Football. Yes. Gotham needs a new fountain."

She looks at her costume. And seems unhappy.

"This won't do at all. I'll need some new clothes before I build my fountain. Oooooooohhh! Joker will have some clothes."

She streaks back into the Fun House and begins to take items from several manequins.

"These should do. Now it's time to hit Gotham."

WWJoker.jpg

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

:joker: :joker: :joker:

Harley back flipped and landed on Catwoman's back.

"Keep your hands off my guy b*tch" Harley said as she slammed Catwoman's head into the ground.

Harley got off Catwoman who was lying,unmoving on the ground.

"She ain't so tough" Harley said as she kicked Catwoman's body.

Harley walked back over to the Joker and took out a purple hankerchief and wiped the blood gently from his nose.

She then reached into her handbag and pulled out a string of hankerchiefs all tied together.She wrappped them around Joker's arm tightly to stop the bleeding.

"Despite what that cat b*tch did you still look swell puddin" she said.

Catwoman managed to get to her feet. Harley Quinn was wrapping up her boyfriend. Selina reached into her utility belt and pulled out a grenade. She grasped the cold hard shell

“I added some extra goodies to old Batgirl’s belt,” she said pounding her hard fist into Harley’s delicate face.

“Give me the antimatter or we all go..boom,”

The Joker sighed wearily as Catwoman attacked Harley.

"Give you the antimatter or we all go boom?" he asked, "Well, if I DON'T give you the antimatter, you all go boom anyway, HA HA!"

HandMeDowns said:
Catwoman managed to get to her feet. Harley Quinn was wrapping up her boyfriend. Selina reached into her utility belt and pulled out a grenade. She grasped the cold hard shell

“I added some extra goodies to old Batgirl’s belt,” she said pounding her hard fist into Harley’s delicate face.

“Give me the antimatter or we all go..boom,”

Harley wiped the smear of blood from her mouth.

"We ain't goin boom puddin" Harley said as she looked towards Catwoman.

"Ya stupid bimbo who do ya think you're kiddin?? You're like your pointy eared boyfriend.You ain't got the guts to kill a fly let alone us.So you just wave your little grenade around cos you ain't using it" Harley said smugly.

Harley gripped Joker by the arm and pulled him back towards the chopper.

Harley reached into her handbag and pulled out a small remote."This here toots is the little gizmo that releases the anti matter.And I got a real itchy finger".

Joker was holding his arm as he stepped into the chopper.Harley was still standing Catwoman off.

"Now you go find your boyfriend catty and you might live thru this.Me and Mister J are outta here.Try and follow and Gotham goes down big style.I'm talking armageddon".

Harley winked at Catwoman."Think I'm crazy enough to do it???".

Harley hopped into the chopper as it took off.Joker put his arm around her as they waved at Catwoman thru the window.

Harley snuggled into Joker.

"Baby you're the best" Joker said as his laughter echoed from the chopper.

I saw as...Selina?...rushed in with...Barbara's costume?

Selina and I are going to have a LONG talk when this is over.

I didn't inhale the laughing gas, or at least, not enough to affect me fundementally. The urge to laugh is rampet, but I keeping it at bay.

I tried to keep up as Joker and Selina run off. I thought I heard something rumbling back in the cell. I ignore it.

I got out of the "funhouse" just as Joker, Harley, and Diana left in the helecopter.

It was about then when I heard something rumbling from the Liberty statue. Diana...but her face was bleach white...laughing.

Oh God no.

"Diana..."

13.jpg

Rudy Jones swung his enormous fists around him, bringing quick death to the SWAT team members. He either shattered vital bones or drained their energies with fast and efficient ease. None of them stood a chance. Those who chose to flee for their lives were the only ones to live to tell the tale of their encounter with the Parasite.

Mere minutes after it had begun, the entire ordeal had come to a close. Beaten and battered bodies lay strewn around the ground perimeter of LexCorp Towers. Many other remains could barely even be considered ‘bodies.’ They were simply steaming bones and ashes from drained officers. The Parasite stood over the dead. He patted his hands together in accomplishment. “Well, that was fun.”

Suddenly, the Voice resounded throughout his entire body and mind. The same voice that he had been following mysterious orders from for the past few months.

RAYMOND JONES. COME.

The Parasite was then engulfed in a glowing blue light, as he was teleported away from the streets of Metropolis by his clandestine benefactor.

Sparta said:
He finally reached the tavern and saw Hal. He walked over to him and took a seat [/font]

"How's it going, Rex? Long time not see..."

*I put out my hand as he shakes it.*

"Sorry i'm late Hal...I was delayed...I had to show some punks that crime doesn't pay" Rex said with a sarcastic smirk.

"Just like the old days"

"And you know what? I liked it...tonights events got the wheels spinning in my head my old friend...and I think I have a crazy idea. If you guys will have me.......I'd like to join the Justice League......"

"Well, it's not really up to me. It's Supes' call. I don't see why not. I mean, you're not exactly a newbie at this."

*I beckon for Ralph, the bartender.*

"Hey Ralph, get us both a beer. It's on me."

*Ralph serves us pur beers.*

"So how's Shift doin?"

Slade gets off a plane in Bludhaven. The stench of this city was like no other. He hated being here. But he needed answers.

Slade had used the last of his money to pay for the plane tickets, so there would be no hotels or fancy dinners. Deathstroke was hunting tonight.

Slade walked out of the terminal and over to the cab station. Then he remembered his whole "broke" situation. For a split second he contemplated taking the taxi ride and then slitting the drivers neck when it was over.

"Forget it" he mumbled to himself turning to walk down the street.

He had only walked a few blocks when the crowds began to thin out. Slade slipped into a back alley and took out his duffel bag, he took out his costume and put it on.

Slade jumped up the fire escape darting back and forth between the sides of the buildings till he was on the top. That's when it kicked in. At that moment, standing on top of the city, he became Deathstroke the Terminator. The hunt was on.

Deathstroke was moving fast, darting from rooftop to rooftop scouring the city in search of the one man he knew had answers. Dick Grayson.

dthstrok.jpg

(alright guys first post for Azrael, tell me how I do, I still have to write the second part to the story for him. He still isnt in gotham yet. But pointers would be very nice)

It took three months of searching before Alex found Jean-Paul’s body. It laid in a paupers tomb beside a now abandoned church. His death made no mention in the papers, the obituaries forgot to mention it. The man once known as Azrael, Jean-Paul Valley and even Batman died without so much as a whisper to the public.
Alex cased the church for three nights before she exhumed the body of the late Jean-Paul. That, was the easy part however, moving a body is always so much more of a hassle. It would take at least a day to get the body to a Lazarus Pit in northern Saudi Arabia. To tell the truth the hardest part was getting the Order to allow her to bring her back. They still wont condone the action but at least they will no longer oppose it. THAT one took her a little over a year.

9:56 Tuesday Saudi
Even with two years of decomposition the Lazarus pit revived the Jean-Paul to the state of the living. It took three shots of tranq before his body gave out from under him. The insanity that the pit causes is not unfounded, I’m just glad I came prepared for it.

9:30 Wednesday Saudi
He’s been out for over a day now, the drugs are holding, I’m hoping his insanity will break soon. He’s done nothing but cry out random words. I only hope these words hold meaning to him. If only to him alone.

8:25 Thursday Saudi
Finally, he’s awake.

Jean-Paul awoke tired and sore, every part of his body ached with a horrible maddening sensation.
“Well this sucks.” He looked around, his eyes blurred with the bubbly green smoke around him. He saw a woman across the cave sitting down with a gun pointed at him.
He let out a groan as his lungs exhaled to make words.
“Who are you?....Where am I?.....And…”
The female put down the gun and stood up. “I am Alex I work for the Order of St. Dumas. You are currently in the northern outskirts of SA in a Lazarus pit. I’m more than sure you know what it is and how it works.”

“Ok, why am I here?” Jean asked.
Alex responded “You died, two years ago, that’s why your back. Your death was meaningless and needless. I know that you yourself should have felt the same way. Or at least that was the Azrael I had heard of.”

The memories came flooding back to him, his life, even his death, the cold shrowd….blackness. He convulsed, every part of his body shook as he remembered his death, he vomited and screamed at the same time, chocking. Alex raised the pistol and shot again at him, shooting him full of more tranq.

“You have to relax yourself, your going to have a heart attack.” She said to him, laying him down and wiping away his vomit.

“Oh god, I died, why, what right do you have to bring me back!” He said swiping at her, the blow connected but sedation was already taking effect, it didn’t phase her.

“You’ll soon see, Jean-Paul, you’ll realize that your work is unfortunately not over yet.”

As he passed out yet again he could see the cave grow dark around him, his breath took sparatic leaps and slowed in un-unison order as the heavy sedative took hold. The only words that could escape his lips before the cold of sleep took him again was.
“How…could…you?”

Alex gave a sad expression to the words and smiled. “How could I not, my Azrael”

DarkKnightJRK said:
I saw as...Selina?...rushed in with...Barbara's costume?

Selina and I are going to have a LONG talk when this is over.

I didn't inhale the laughing gas, or at least, not enough to affect me fundementally. The urge to laugh is rampet, but I keeping it at bay.

I tried to keep up as Joker and Selina run off. I thought I heard something rumbling back in the cell. I ignore it.

I got out of the "funhouse" just as Joker, Harley, and Diana left in the helecopter.

It was about then when I heard something rumbling from the Liberty statue. Diana...but her face was bleach white...laughing.

Oh God no.

"Diana..."

"Is that...? It IS!!!"

Wonder Woman streaks to the side of Batman and bends him over into a dip and a long kiss.

"Oh Batman! I just WOVE you to pieces!" She grips a little harder and we hear the crack of one of Batman's ribs.

"Oh poopsie! I'm sorry. Momma doesn't know her own strength."

Wonder Woman releases Batman with a thud. The Bat groans a bit.

"You know what I think? I think you're working to hard. Tell you what, Brucey. I'm gonna help you out. Before I make my delicious new fountain, I'm gonna go kill every criminal in Gotham. I mean, afterall , I'm a warrior. I'm a killer. That's what I do, right? So you just relax and I'm gonna go find some criminals to kill. Wait, what's the name of that insane asylum?"

"Arkham. That's where I'll go. Arkham. I'll kill everyone in there."

WWJoker.jpg

:joker: :joker: :joker:

Back in Gotham, Black Mask was paying a little visit to a few men, who were sitting around inside a small room.

"Two-face has got us posted on this spot for ages now. You think anything will ever happen?" One man asked another.

"I don't know, but we're doing our job and that's what matters. Now shutup, I'm trying to watch the game."

"I'm just so bored."

Then, as if from nowhere, another two men appeared, shooting the others. After their quick deaths, Black Mask entered the room. He smiled, looking at the bodies. "Take the paint brushes out." Within a few more minutes, the men had painted the dead men's blood on the wall saying, "You who wears half a mask, I urge you to leave your position now, before I take your life. I have a special mask for you, don't make me put it on you."

He read it aloud, over and over again while his henchmen pinned the two bodies either side of the words. Ordering them to leave the room, he placed maks on both bodies and left.

One of his men approached him. "We've just recieved word that Operation: Shadow Mask has started production, it will be complete soon."

A cruel smile creeped across Black Mask's face. "Excellent, soon this whole city will wear a mask, to hide the days of Two-face, and give birth to Black Mask's empire once more!"

IC: The Question

I was released from the hospital this morning. The doctors said to take it easy for the next few days. Knowing I wouldn't, Tot suggested I invest in some body armor. I pull up to an old army/navy store downtown. I press the button on my belt buckle, activating the color change of my hair and clothes, and I put on my mask. I get out of the car and walk in.

The store is old and has the distinct smell of sweat and collected dust. I walk up to the counter. There is a man there reading a newspaper.

"Excuse me. I am interested in purchasing a kexlar vest, and mabey a grapling hook of some kind."

"Yeah yeah. What are you buddy, BatmaaaaAAAAAGGGHHH!!!!"

He looks up. His pupils dilate. All the color drains from his face as he looks at mine.

"I...there's some vests over there and we got a rack of grapling hooks and hand held launchers on thet table there please don't kill me."

I get what I need and pay the man in cash.

"......thankyoucomeagain."

I walk out of the store and get into my car. I change from The Question to Vic Sage, and drive to the station.

Bludhaven almost looked like any other city from the rooftops. Slade understood why Nightwing was so dedicated to this city. It was a piece of s**t. The night breeze was calm, and high up there above the city the moonlight had a distinct glow to it.

“Why can’t I remember?!”
Slade thought to himself. The past few months, since his regeneration, was a blur to Slade Wilson. He was flat broke, with nothing left to hang on to. He needed to talk to someone he could trust. All this thinking was breaking his concentration. He needed to focus.

Slade had been hunting down Nightwing for almost two hours, expecting to find him on his usual “nightly rounds.” He never understood why these heroes patrolled the cities every night, for what? To bring heat on their families and friends? Because they all had some moral dilemma to share their gifts?

“F**k that” Slade thought to himself. There’s a very thin line between a hero and a villain. One chooses to make good for mankind, the other to make good for themselves.

Slade never really considered himself a “villain.” He is and always has been a mercenary, generally speaking, yes, his contracts were to take out heroes. That wasn't his fault though, just his employer's.

He hadn’t felt like himself since his incident with the Dark Alliance and Shade. He never felt the same after it happened. Coming back from the dead is not a pleasant experience.

Slade stopped.

He could feel it in the air. He was close. This part of town was a little too lit up for his taste, but he couldn’t do anything about that now.

He ducked behind a smokestack rising out of the top of the building. He could see Nightwing walking away from Killer Croc’c unconscious form, wiping the blood from his mouth.

“Good’ he thought. This way he’ll be less reluctant to start fighting instantly, he’ll talk first.

Slade jumped off the building and landed ten feet in front of Nightwing. The tension was ever prevelant and Slade could feel it. He lowered his staff and stood straight up staring at Nightwing.

“We need to talk.”

IC:Barb Gordon

It has been a peaceful night in this part of town so far. The GCPD under dad's orders are scouring the city for the canister of anitmatter and the crime rate is surprisingly low so far.Which is great because the JL or the GCPD do not need any kind of distraction at the moment.

I carefully take a sip of the steaming cup of coffee cradled in my hands and walk back over to Bruce's computer. I sigh, trying to subdue panic of any sort. He hasn't even tried contacting me since he left and now, from what I can see by looking at the tiny dot on the electronic map of Gotham spread across the screen, Batman's in Liberty Island. And so is Diana...well, considering the fact that he is in the company of Wonder Woman, for whom Joker should be no match I suppose there really isn't any reason to worry...

My eyes widen as they notice another black dot in the vicinity of the others. A dot that should, in no possible way be there. My fingers tighten their grip on the mug in my hands as the realization hits me.

Someone's wearing my costume.

rex26 said:
Bludhaven almost looked like any other city from the rooftops. Slade understood why Nightwing was so dedicated to this city. It was a piece of s**t. The night breeze was calm, and high up there above the city the moonlight had a distinct glow to it.

“Why can’t I remember?!”
Slade thought to himself. The past few months, since his regeneration, was a blur to Slade Wilson. He was flat broke, with nothing left to hang on to. He needed to talk to someone he could trust. All this thinking was breaking his concentration. He needed to focus.

Slade had been hunting down Nightwing for almost two hours, expecting to find him on his usual “nightly rounds.” He never understood why these heroes patrolled the cities every night, for what? To bring heat on their families and friends? Because they all had some moral dilemma to share their gifts?

“F**k that” Slade thought to himself. There’s a very thin line between a hero and a villain. One chooses to make good for mankind, the other to make good for themselves.

Slade never really considered himself a “villain.” He is and always has been a mercenary, generally speaking, yes, his contracts were to take out heroes. That wasn't his fault though, just his employer's.

He hadn’t felt like himself since his incident with the Dark Alliance and Shade. He never felt the same after it happened. Coming back from the dead is not a pleasant experience.

Slade stopped.

He could feel it in the air. He was close. This part of town was a little too lit up for his taste, but he couldn’t do anything about that now.

He ducked behind a smokestack rising out of the top of the building. He could see Nightwing walking away from Killer Croc’c unconscious form, wiping the blood from his mouth.

“Good’ he thought. This way he’ll be less reluctant to start fighting instantly, he’ll talk first.

Slade jumped off the building and landed ten feet in front of Nightwing. The tension was ever prevelant and Slade could feel it. He lowered his staff and stood straight up staring at Nightwing.

“We need to talk.”

Nightwings eyes widened.

Of ALL times.....and of ALL moments......Slade had to come after me NOW?!

Nightwing,almost on instinct,assumed a fighting stance,and took out his billy clubs.

He and Slade werent exactly on "Friendly" Terms.

Then again.....He said he wanted to talk......Not fight.

If Slade REALLY wanted to fight,He wouldve gone after me immediately.Something isnt right about this....

But I still cant let my guard down.That may be what he wants....

Nightwing keeps the fighting stance,while twirling his billy clubs once.

"We need to talk,huh?Thats funny......Last time I checked,neither of us had anything to talk to eachother about."

Nightwing kept his distance.He knew his enemy...

Deathstroke is ruthless,cunning,and very good at what he does.

Nightwing is too.....but,then again....Deathstroke didnt get his face smashed in by Killer Croc......so,This may not be the best way to approach Slade.

Master Bruce said:
Nightwings eyes widened.

Of ALL times.....and of ALL moments......Slade had to come after me NOW?!

Nightwing,almost on instinct,assumed a fighting stance,and took out his billy clubs.

He and Slade werent exactly on "Friendly" Terms.

Then again.....He said he wanted to talk......Not fight.

If Slade REALLY wanted to fight,He wouldve gone after me immediately.Something isnt right about this....

But I still cant let my guard down.That may be what he wants....

Nightwing keeps the fighting stance,while twirling his billy clubs once.

"We need to talk,huh?Thats funny......Last time I checked,neither of us had anything to talk to eachother about."

Nightwing kept his distance.He knew his enemy...

Deathstroke is ruthless,cunning,and very good at what he does.

Nightwing is too.....but,then again....Deathstroke didnt get his face smashed in by Killer Croc......so,This may not be the best way to approach Slade.

Slade expected Nightwing to take a fighting stance. He didn’t react to it. The light was dim on the alley they were in. They stood in silence until Nightwing broke it.

"We need to talk, huh? That’s funny......Last time I checked, neither of us had anything to talk to each other about.”

“Oh on the contrary. And you can relax, If I wanted to attack you I would have knocked you out at one of the 7 opportunities I’ve already had to do it. This get together is because I have no memories of the last months since my battle with Shade. I remember regenerating, and drinking, but it stops there. And if there is one Boy Scout in this world who I know will tell me the truth, its you.”

Imra smiled and curled up on her bed, the book was fascinating, the perfect thing to keep her mind busy from the many thoughts in the Headquarters she was picking up and her recent trip to the past. She frowned thinking back on it. Not her most stellar moment. The frown eased it way into her eyes taking the tint of sadness. Cos...

Closing her book she rolled over onto her back. She could feel the various Legion Member’s around the building, Nura in her room, Thom and Umbra talking in the hall, her mind found Garth and Ayla in the Mess Hall.
Imra blushed listening to his thoughts, it was just a conversation Ayla and him were having about Tomato Soup, but it was still him. Garth, Rokk and her had been the first Legion members, and good friends.

It was a quick flight from Titan to Earth but the mental thought’s she’d picked up from Garth had been typical male. Her first impression of Garth had been anything but flattering, but then again, he was the one picturing her and him…

Something was happening in one of the Lab’s.
From the old lab of Brainy’s she felt Bart’s glee, and Brainy’s confusion. The fact that Bart was so close to being with Kara but still being so far literally drove him mad. However none of the Legion agreed with the time travel, especially those who’d just gotten back. Swinging her leg’s over the side of her bed she smoothed her outfit out, and stood up stretching, glancing at the saturn symbol that she wore to let everyone know she was a Telepathic Titianian.
Her Costume symbol was the only one that was required wearing.

Rokk had been a different story, his thoughts hinged mainly on how bad he looked, being Braalian. The between war Braal and Titan hadn’t left warm feelings on either side. The irony of the situation had been that both of them were the most powerful of their respected planet’s power’s.
His magnetic power’s were the best Braal had, and her mental powers were far above anyone else’s on Titan.
Through the whole trip she had been aware of Garth’s and Rokk’s thoughts. Once they had landed Garths continuing cover-ups had been the last thing on her mind.
An attack was made on R.J. Brande, the man responsible for Stargate travel. The three of them had thwarted it quickly, making it end as quickly as it had begin.

She opened her door and nodded at Luornu, or Triad, who was passing in the hall. Luornu had been on of the first member’s as well. Having helped Brande set up the Legion, she later joined it herself.

Her first day as a Science Officer stationed on earth hadn’t been what she thought it would be. Her commanding officer didn’t like Titanians, and it wasn’t a guess, it was a fact, thanks to telepathy. They’d sat her at a desk and expected her to file for them.
She wasn’t prideful, but as the strongest telepath on Titan, surely her ‘talents' were better used somewhere else? Luornu had come in just then with an invitation, from Brande.
Rokk, Garth and her had been gathered together, again, this time not by chance and she was less than thrilled to be seeing Garth again. Once more her mental power’s had uncovered more treachery, this time stemming from Rokk’s manager. It had been quickly dealt with, by Both Rokk and Garth.
The surprise of the day hadn’t even happened yet. Once Brande arrived he revealed his plan for a Super-Hero team composed of Teenager’s.

“And that as they say is..History.” She thought.
“History….”

Rokk had taken the name Cosmic Boy, Garth was now Live Wire and she’d become Saturn Girl. Of all the Legionnaires, her, Cos and Garth had been the closest. All of them had at least once served as the leader, but now….

Imra frowned, after all she’d put Rokk through, the memories were still fresh and even though her and Garth had moved beyond the love/hate stage, it was still hard to come to terms with.
Her mental power’s had been messed with many times, but she’d never forgotten that it was Garth who had talked her back to sanity.

Bart had been at it for about a few weeks now, and more weeks had lapsed since his last contact with Kara and the fact he couldn’t even manage that made him frustrated. She understood it, probably more than anyone else.
She came to the lab door. She could her Brainy’s frustrated yelling and Bart’s gloating voice.

***Hello guys!***
She mentally said before entering the room. She suddenly picked up Brainy’s thought of leaving. Opening the door she asked
“Leaving Brainy?”

OOC: Johnny I didn't know if you still wanted Imra to send anything Garth's way so I figured I'd err on the side of safety. Trop mentioned earlier that the Legion Member's were against it, so I figured Garth would already know then.

The Riddler arrived at Harvey's penthouse apartment. It was cold, dark and empty. Walking towards the desk in the middle of the apartment, Edward found a note on it.
Edward. You are incharge of everything whilst I am gone.I'm sure you can take care of everything. Good luck, Signed, Harvey Dent.
Sitting in the chair, Edward spoke."Can I really do this? I hope nothing too bad happens" As he said that last sentence,a shiver ran up his spine. It sounded like a bad omen. Hoping it wouldn't happen, he leaned back further into the chair, and relaxed.

rex26 said:
Slade expected Nightwing to take a fighting stance. He didn’t react to it. The light was dim on the alley they were in. They stood in silence until Nightwing broke it.

"We need to talk, huh? That’s funny......Last time I checked, neither of us had anything to talk to each other about.”

“Oh on the contrary. And you can relax, If I wanted to attack you I would have knocked you out at one of the 7 opportunities I’ve already had to do it. This get together is because I have no memories of the last months since my battle with Shade. I remember regenerating, and drinking, but it stops there. And if there is one Boy Scout in this world who I know will tell me the truth, its you.”

Nightwing looked at him,as He lowered his billy clubs.

...What the hell is he talking about?!

He had no idea why Slade thought HE would be able to give him answers.

Nightwing spent the last few months cleaning up BludHaven,after the ordeal with Mordru and Keystone City......when he was playing "Batman".

His face expressed obvious confusion,as He eased up.

"And what the hell makes you think that?I havent seen you in almost a year.Why would I know anything about the last few months of your life?"

Nightwing was seriously,and utterly confused by this.

Okay,so Slade has an amnesia problem.

....And he comes to ME?

Weird...

Nightwing kept holding the billy clubs,even though He had a feeling Slade wouldnt attack him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"