The Wrestling Thread Has More Hype Than WrestleMania XXIX - - Part 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp, the only good thing about this segment so far was Swagger's shirt.

Bryan vs. Ziggler? Yes, please!

I'm just bored, the TV is on but it's just in the background, the most exciting thing I've seen in the last 35 minutes is the trailer for the new Saint show.

Glad for our boy Sage that HBK is going to be there though.

Sometimes you need those guys in the mid-card that consistently put on good matches and good programs. As much as I like Shamrock, I never saw him as a main eventer. But what he put out there for the fans was great, and he was a talented wrestler who did his job, building up other wrestlers. He worked where he was.

I'm not sure I saw him as a long term main eventer but you don't think there would have been money in Austin vs Shamrock?

Cena rubbed it in the fans faces tonight. Really teasing that arrogance for a heel turn.

I can't believe some dumbasses in the crowd chanted "boring" to The Shield. What do those people want? They gotta sell the feud. Not everything should be a brawl. Some of these WWE crowds are worse than the Impact Zoners as far as putting themselves over with stupid chants.

They seemed to only start when Reigns started talking for some reason.

I'm not sure I saw him as a long term main eventer but you don't think there would have been money in Austin vs Shamrock?
That would be the only match-up I could see it working in. But he was much better suited for the midcard. I liked him being there. Hell, him vs Austin wouldn't even have to be a main event feud. Could have happened when Austin was sans belt (few and far between as that was). He was definitely an upper midcarder in the end, but still, just a midcarder.

Damn Big E is a goofy looking mofo. Bryans beard may cushion him against the Big E t***y attack.

That would be the only match-up I could see it working in. But he was much better suited for the midcard. I liked him being there. Hell, him vs Austin wouldn't even have to be a main event feud. Could have happened when Austin was sans belt (few and far between as that was). He was definitely an upper midcarder in the end, but still, just a midcarder.

I think if they had kept up his world's most dangerous man gimmick it would have played well opposite Austin's character with Ken as Vince's assassin trying to regain the title, and then he could have filtered into a full upper mid-card role

Damn Big E is a goofy looking mofo. Bryans beard may cushion him against the Big E t***y attack.

I think I figured out how his move works. He falls, and his opponent falls on top of him, landing chest first on Big E's nipple, which are probably hard as diamonds, essentially working like a heart punch.

That's right, the nipple does all the damage.

See? See? Running Nipple of Doom took Kane out!

Originally Posted by NDX
Sometimes you need those guys in the mid-card that consistently put on good matches and good programs. As much as I like Shamrock, I never saw him as a main eventer. But what he put out there for the fans was great, and he was a talented wrestler who did his job, building up other wrestlers. He worked where he was

I think in the end his weak mic skills are one thing that really held him back. And he just didn't have enough charisma. I still think he could have got it done as a transitional champion at some point. We've seen worse guys get the belt in a lot of companies.

Last edited:
Danuel Bryant has a scratch on his nose. GO TO BLACK AND WHITE!!!!!!

Oh, Big E can counter Kane's chokeslam. *Yawn*

Thank you cameraman for that lovely shot of AJ getting into the ring!

I think if they had kept up his world's most dangerous man gimmick it would have played well opposite Austin's character with Ken as Vince's assassin trying to regain the title, and then he could have filtered into a full upper mid-card role

I think in the end his weak mic skills are one thing that really held him back. And he just didn'ty have enough charisma. i stil think he could ahve got it done as a transitional champion at some point. We've seen guys worse get the belt in a lot of companies.

We've seen worse in this company, but at the time the card was stacked with a LOT of wrestlers that were just plain better than him from top to bottom, and he was in his rightful spot. I can't ever see him as a main eventer, let alone a world title holder.

If he was active in the post-attitude era, I'd think differently. But for that timeframe, he was not main event material. Too overshadowed.

Anyone else notice how they always use the classic 90s version of Taker's theme in the vignettes/promo promos?

Good match and I liked the way Big E broke Kane's choke grip even if he still look like the bastard son of Erkle and Zeus.

I think I figured out how his move works. He falls, and his opponent falls on top of him, landing chest first on Big E's nipple, which are probably hard as diamonds, essentially working like a heart punch.

That's right, the nipple does all the damage.

The nipple and all the pent up roidjuice. Its probably like hitting a river face first at 100 MPH.

Either way he needs to teach AJ Lee how to do it to me. I'd gladly take that KO.

Originally Posted by Hunter Rider
Good match and I liked the way Big E broke Kane's choke grip even if he still look like the bastard son of Erkle and Zeus.

This is fact. FACT.

Last edited:
"Undertaker eviscerates CM Punk" haha what?

We've seen worse in this company, but at the time the card was stacked with a LOT of wrestlers that were just plain better than him from top to bottom, and he was in his rightful spot. I can't ever see him as a main eventer, let alone a world title holder.

If he was active in the post-attitude era, I'd think differently. But for that timeframe, he was not main event material. Too overshadowed.

I'm thinking in that period in 99 Austin worked a bunch of rehashes with Taker and against Vince and Shane in 3 of the PPV main events, Shamrock would have been a more interesting fit opposite him in that period before Triple H got the big push IMO, I never actually saw him winning the title.

Just have to chime in and say...I'm gonna see HBK live, brothers! Yeah!

Cena put the Rock over...because he's going to win. That's how it works. Most of the time...

Shawn!!

He's Just a Sexy BOY!!!!!!!

I knew they'd have him chime it at some point for the HHH vs Brock match.

Urkel.

And I'm done with RAW for now. Just can't take this anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"