Days of Future Past The X-men UNIFORM evolution on the sequel

Catwomen should have a whip.

The chance Is very good most of suruvung mutants will have been prisoners for quite some
time before film opens.While they might not be In prisoner's uniforms they might be In civilian clothes.Superhero outfits will likely be reserved for 1060's part of film.

If this is to be the film's version of the Comic's Big Cross-overs, they will find a way to put the heroes in their costumes. If there's one thing that's a given, it would be this. I would think Fox would be on the same boat.

I wouldn't expect that exact comic book outfit, which was more like something for the beach.

Which one is this? The bum-floss one (ie. Giant-Sized X-men)?

Last edited:
If this is to be the film's version of the Comic's Big Cross-overs, they will find a way to put the heroes in their costumes. If there's one thing that's a given, it would be this. I would think Fox would be on the same boat.

Yep, they're not gonna bring back all those stars and then put them in rags.

Which one is this? The bum-floss one (ie. Giant-Sized X-men)?

Yep, the Giant Sized X-Men outfit with bra and booty shorts. I'd still love to see it on screen one day, perhaps if they did a scene with the characters lounging around the X-mansion swimming pool.

Yep, the Giant Sized X-Men outfit with bra and booty shorts. I'd still love to see it on screen one day, perhaps if they did a scene with the characters lounging around the X-mansion swimming pool.

I actually really liked the little ring that connects the top with the "booty shorts." They could have a picture framed of the past X-men, mainly Scott, Jean, and Storm in the mansion somewhere with what they would've looked liked pre-X-men, complete with pre-X1 costumes.

ok, guys, Ive been working on this this last hour, to have a better idea of how Storm would look with a bit more skin, the cape and long hair:

its not black leather like how comic costume seems to be, but I think its a different twist to original trilogy costume

what u think?

I hope the costumes are in the vein of Storm's pilot suit in X3.

230544-192404-storm_super.jpg

It's not leather and it incorporates blue and yellow while still maintaining the general aesthetic the other suits had.

I hope they completely do something different and really futuristic and edgy. That one doesn't look edgy and futuristic. I want their costumes to look shiny without looking goofy. I want them to use a different kind of fabric, I don't like the fabric that they used for the blue/yellow costumes.

For all the complaints about the costumes from the OT being boring old black leather, IMO Storm is the one character that *should* be in black leather.

I agree the suit does look a lot like aq pilot uniform but that was not the idea that the production were goin for. On the DVD commentary I believe Lauren Shuler Donner said that the idea was that Storm was wearing a non-combatant field uniform. Or something like that.

if Anna Paquin gets confirmed, would be awesome to see her with a green&yellow suit and a brown jacket

:wow:

fingers crossed

ok, guys, Ive been working on this this last hour, to have a better idea of how Storm would look with a bit more skin, the cape and long hair:

its not black leather like how comic costume seems to be, but I think its a different twist to original trilogy costume

what u think?

:up:

what u think?
i like it!! :awesome:

glad you like it guys :D

as a manip, I love it, as an uniform.... leather is perfect for Storm, so Id preffer another design than original trilogy but with same material

if Anna Paquin gets confirmed, would be awesome to see her with a green&yellow suit and a brown jacket

:wow:

fingers crossed

I doubt the costume designer will give Rogue that costume. I can imagine her having the suit and the jacket. But the color wouldn't be so similar compare to her 90s costumes in the comics/cartoons/videogames.

A leather jacket and some cool leather gloves and it would be great.
Make Rogue Sexy it is a decade later so give the girl a sense of style and swagg.
Cause lets be honest the wardrobe of everyone in the movies suits or casual ware it was plain awfull and old fashion

I don't think it was old-fashioned. The costumes just didn't have individuality. The uniforms of Rogue, Shadowcat and Jean Grey looked so the same.

Okay, here's the costumes that I want to see in the movies.

Rogue:
KOtaXHH.jpg

Storm:
RS1w1Tr.jpg

Iceman:
3jq1Kzt.jpg

Shadowcat:
8FSon7Q.jpg

Beast:
zmjJ27p.jpg
+ a jacket

Bishop:
HQSaLQd.jpg

Psylocke:
C4iAWhR.jpg

Forge:
jnL4LNp.jpg

Wolverine/Colossus:
I can't find a picture of it, but I want their current costume in the comics. And for Wolverine, I don't want him to have the mask.

Blink:
Her alternate-universe costumes just don't look modern to me. So I can't select a picture. But I want her costume to look modern.

Sunfire:
I want it to be similar to his costume in X-Men Legends II.

They don't have to be so similar to the pictures that I posted but they should incorporate some of the designs. I also hope the costumes especially for the X-Men will have a cohesive look, every costume has a different design but they look like they came from the same collection and I hope the costumes will have a color scheme. I think it would just look too colorful and not uniform if they don't have color scheme.

I personally would like the 70's team in the Astonishing X-Men costumes:
images

And keep the modern team in leather, but in a bit more truth to their comic-book outfits. I love Ana's idea for Storm.

A leather jacket and some cool leather gloves and it would be great.
Make Rogue Sexy it is a decade later so give the girl a sense of style and swagg.
Cause lets be honest the wardrobe of everyone in the movies suits or casual ware it was plain awfull and old fashion

I think they're gonna push for a sleaker version of the green raincoat she wore in "X-Men", and lots of other little visual callbacks before they go all sexy Rogue, but Anna can pull it off, so I don't see why they shouldn't do it.

I think so far I only really care about Wolverine getting a costume that's more comic accurate (but adapted to fit the films) WITH a mask.

I personally would like the 70's team in the Astonishing X-Men costumes:
images

And keep the modern team in leather, but in a bit more truth to their comic-book outfits..

I totally agree here. This is the only way you can bring a color motif into the series. There has to be a cohesive theme. With only Emma providing a great contrast (I know she won't be on the X-Men roster), the team looks like... A TEAM.

Some people argue that the Avengers is an example of how to use color and comic costumes, but that doesn't apply here. In the Avengers (movie... and comics actually), they were all individual characters that were brought together.

In the movie, Iron man makes his own armor, Thor's costume is his Norse outfit, Cap's was made by SHIELD, Hawkeye and Widow have spy outfits, and the Hulk is green. They don't match for a reason. This is not the same situation as the X-Men. The 70s X-Men would look absolutely ridiculous if they were all wearing (different) colorful costumes.

I'm assuming all the future costumes are going to stay the same, if they even wear them at all (I think it's likely they might all be in civvies or prison outfits like the future X-Men of the comics). I would like if they slightly modified the past costumes to be less flight outfits and more full on X-Outfits (maybe with an X across the chest) but that depends on how much time is dedicated to the past X-Men and how many they are. If Havok and Banshee aren't back, there is no other character even likely to wear an X-Outfit aside from Beast and he could easily go without an X-Suit. He runs around in his underwear for most of the comics after all.

Alex Ross did a "grounded in reality" redesign pitch that didn't get picked up (but later used in one of the Earth X sequels) and I always thought they looked really inspired in their simplicity. Although some of these characters aren't going to be in the movie or it's future timeline scenes, I like the idea for a dystopian future. The dark costumes and hoods/capes fit in perfectly with the idea of rebellion and lurking in the shadows.

siSSbzD.jpg

gHlEISz.jpg

I LOVE Angel's costume and how he's meant to disappear when in the sky. And Jean's skirt overlapping the boots was supposed to be a throwback to the Phoenix costume. Logan's would have to be made more movie friendly (since it looks like a jumpsuit hah!).

These were inspired by X1 with the black and colored accents. I would want the costumes to be more intricate in the movies, but I think they're a good start!

Speaking of that shot of Astonishing (I think). While I like that version of Cyclops somewhat, I would still like to see something more akin to the Cyclops we had in the 90's. Not in the same colours though, but I'd like to see something with a style reminiscent of it.

Cyclops-x-men-29088946-1024-768.jpg

cyclops-mv2.jpg

I also would love to see a better visor than what we saw in X2. Those making the movie may not have liked the 'Leia muffs' as I think they called them, but the X2 visor was pretty small and pathetic in my opinion.

X-Men-Cyclops-blue-background-james-marsden-944944_1024_768.jpg

Maybe something like the visor without the 'ear muffs' part like the costume in the pic Hawkingbird posted would be better.

cycle.jpg

Though I am keeping in mind that if Cyclops does appear at all in DoFP it likely won't be in an active role (sadly) and I'm more thinking of future movies. Though who knows, maybe we can get a group shot at the end in the new timeline?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"