Xbox The Xbox One - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
i might be getting an xbone x soon, just don't wanna pay the full $500 for it

I doubt you will see any sales/discounts on the X soon. maybe later in the year during the Holidays we'll see the 1st price discounts.

right now, if you want to get it cheaper, you're best bet would be to trade stuff in towards it or use reward coupons from a retailer ( like Best Buy ) if you belong to those programs.

I've heard reports that Xbox S ( and X ) have trouble with certain dvds. just as it seems your PS3 had trouble with certain dvds.

does your S only make the whirring noise when watching dvds? does it do it while playing games or when idle?

the last ( and final ) S I had made a constant ticking noise from the fan. but that was present even when idle and during both games and movies.

I just muted the film I'm watching, and apart from.. What I can only assume is normal sound, it's quiet as a mouse. Can't hear anything from it over my PC, can't hear anything over the film- and turned the PC off, mute the TV, I doubt you'd hear it at all.

And the noise is mostly just from 4K Blu-Rays. Regular films don't cause it to make a whole lot of noise, and neither do games as far as I know.

It would seem so then, with the Stargate Blu-Ray. Since then I've had on Indiana Jones, Star Wars, some 4K films and M*A*S*H, and they haven't had an issue. But for whatever reason, Stargate gives off a "loading sound" during the film, and that's when it freezes for a moment.

But I'd dare say I'm happier, if only for the fact the PS3 was struggling to play most of my discs from anything Paramount. I wondered why next Generation, Twin Peaks, Turtles and Tintin were having trouble after Raiders- I always thought Raiders was the issue. But seeing a Paramount logo on all their boxes, that seemed to be the connection.

But yeah, it's quiet enough watching Raiders now, and idle- I don't believe I have ever heard anything. The PS4 Pro is much louder. And I think the whining watching 4K films actually stops after watching the film for a few minutes. Either that, or I had the volume too high.

I doubt you will see any sales/discounts on the X soon. maybe later in the year during the Holidays we'll see the 1st price discounts.

right now, if you want to get it cheaper, you're best bet would be to trade stuff in towards it or use reward coupons from a retailer ( like Best Buy ) if you belong to those programs.
eBay has some good deals popping up here and there. maybe i'll snag it for $450

I must be super-lucky with consoles lol. Never seem to get all this crap with mine.

eBay has some good deals popping up here and there. maybe i'll snag it for $450

hey, at this point, if you can get one for $450, then that would be good.

hope you enjoy it and have better luck with X1 than I did......lol.

and I seem to be super unlucky with Xbox Ones.......lol. :oldrazz:

Yeah. Luck can change though. You don't have to be unlucky for life lol.

I just muted the film I'm watching, and apart from.. What I can only assume is normal sound, it's quiet as a mouse. Can't hear anything from it over my PC, can't hear anything over the film- and turned the PC off, mute the TV, I doubt you'd hear it at all.

And the noise is mostly just from 4K Blu-Rays. Regular films don't cause it to make a whole lot of noise, and neither do games as far as I know.

It would seem so then, with the Stargate Blu-Ray. Since then I've had on Indiana Jones, Star Wars, some 4K films and M*A*S*H, and they haven't had an issue. But for whatever reason, Stargate gives off a "loading sound" during the film, and that's when it freezes for a moment.

But I'd dare say I'm happier, if only for the fact the PS3 was struggling to play most of my discs from anything Paramount. I wondered why next Generation, Twin Peaks, Turtles and Tintin were having trouble after Raiders- I always thought Raiders was the issue. But seeing a Paramount logo on all their boxes, that seemed to be the connection.

But yeah, it's quiet enough watching Raiders now, and idle- I don't believe I have ever heard anything. The PS4 Pro is much louder. And I think the whining watching 4K films actually stops after watching the film for a few minutes. Either that, or I had the volume too high.

well, if it's only acting up during a certain film, then I wouldn't worry too much about it, as long as it works and sounds fine during everything else.

thanks man! it's exciting getting to own an xbox for the first time

Yeah I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the right deal comes along. The X is a really good place to start IMO.

true.......and I'm still in need of a 4K player.........:cwink:

You should try one within the guarantee period and you can return if necessary.

You should try one within the guarantee period and you can return if necessary.

yeah. and I always buy the extended warranty, too.

it's just, I'm tired of the hassle and inconvenience. and frankly, if I return another Xbox to that store, it would be kind of embarrassing, y'know?

yeah. and I always buy the extended warranty, too.

it's just, I'm tired of the hassle and inconvenience. and frankly, if I return another Xbox to that store, it would be kind of embarrassing, y'know?

What about buying from online/amazon or something? A lot of these guarantees have couriers who pick up the console from your door and return it a few days later.

What about buying from online/amazon or something? A lot of these guarantees have couriers who pick up the console from your door and return it a few days later.

nah, I'd rather buy locally in store. buying online in this case would be even more of a hassle if I need to return, cuz I'd have to pack it up back in the shipping Box, tape it up, etc.

nah, I'd rather buy locally in store. buying online in this case would be even more of a hassle if I need to return, cuz I'd have to pack it up back in the shipping Box, tape it up, etc.

Yeah, fair enough.

hey, at this point, if you can get one for $450, then that would be good.

hope you enjoy it and have better luck with X1 than I did......lol.
There’s 2 main reasons I want one the first is to have a 4K blu Ray player coz stupidass Sony didn’t put one in the Ps4 pro and the second is to replay the ME trilogy on current gen. Looks to me that it won’t get remastered and only the Xbone is backwards compatible.
Yeah I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the right deal comes along. The X is a really good place to start IMO.
I just lost my job last week so I may have to hold off on purchasing one right away. Which sucks because I just bought this nice 4K OLED tv!

I just lost my job last week so I may have to hold off on purchasing one right away. Which sucks because I just bought this nice 4K OLED tv!
Ah sorry man. :csad: Hope that works out for you mate. :up:

There’s 2 main reasons I want one the first is to have a 4K blu Ray player coz stupidass Sony didn’t put one in the Ps4 pro and the second is to replay the ME trilogy on current gen. Looks to me that it won’t get remastered and only the Xbone is backwards compatible.

ah, that sucks, XB. :(

hope your job situation can get resolved soon.

and yeah, it was a stupid decision on Sony's part to not include a 4K player in the Pro. :cmad: I wouldn't be needing to look for another 4K player.

if money's tight and you just need a 4K player and a place to play the ME trilogy, you could always get an S bundle for much cheaper.

Yeah, fair enough.

at this point, I think the biggest obstacle to me getting an X is the exclusives lineup for PS - whether true exclusives or games simply not going to Xbox.

Games like Blazblue Cross Tag. It's such a shame that's coming to PC and the freakin Switch but not to Xbox. :(

One reason why I'm really excited for BB Cross Tag is because of the inclusion of RWBY characters. During the Holidays, I binge watched the series and finally got all caught up with the story. And I'm really digging the characters and story.

Which is why I'm really excited for BB Cross Tag. and if I owned an X, I would prefer to play that game on my X.

but, alas, you can't. :(

at this point, I think the biggest obstacle to me getting an X is the exclusives lineup for PS - whether true exclusives or games simply not going to Xbox.

Games like Blazblue Cross Tag. It's such a shame that's coming to PC and the freakin Switch but not to Xbox. :(

One reason why I'm really excited for BB Cross Tag is because of the inclusion of RWBY characters. During the Holidays, I binge watched the series and finally got all caught up with the story. And I'm really digging the characters and story.

Which is why I'm really excited for BB Cross Tag. and if I owned an X, I would prefer to play that game on my X.

but, alas, you can't. :(

I don't know much about Blazblue. What is RWBY?

I don't know much about Blazblue. What is RWBY?

RWBY ( pronounced Ruby )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RWBY

It's a Western anime-style show that follows the adventure of four "huntresses" - Ruby (R), Weiss (W), Blake (B), and Yang (Y).

the characters and lore are based on fairy tales, and the animation quality has improved markedly over the 5 seasons.

Blazblue has been a Japanese niche fighting game series. Most of the games have been on Playstation, with some appearing on Xbox 360.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue

Blazblue Cross Tag is a crossover fighting game with characters from Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, UNIEL, and RWBY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue:_Cross_Tag_Battle

[YT]a2Qw-ztFrK4[/YT]

Last edited:
RWBY ( pronounced Ruby )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RWBY

It's a Western anime-style show that follows the adventure of four "huntresses" - Ruby (R), Weiss (W), Blake (B), and Yang (Y).

the characters and lore are based on fairy tales, and the animation quality has improved markedly over the 5 seasons.

Blazblue has been a Japanese niche fighting game series. Most of the games have been on Playstation, with some appearing on Xbox 360.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue

Blazblue Cross Tag is a crossover fighting game with characters from Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, UNIEL, and RWBY.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlazBlue:_Cross_Tag_Battle

[YT]a2Qw-ztFrK4[/YT]
Thanks a lot for those links. Sounds interesting. I can't see that video till I get home, cheers.

Ah sorry man. :csad: Hope that works out for you mate. :up:
Thanks man. I got some interviews coming so let’s see how 2018 goes for me.

Btw, what is your gamertag? God willing sooner or later this year I’ll be getting an Xbone and I already made one
ah, that sucks, XB. :(

hope your job situation can get resolved soon.

and yeah, it was a stupid decision on Sony's part to not include a 4K player in the Pro. :cmad: I wouldn't be needing to look for another 4K player.

if money's tight and you just need a 4K player and a place to play the ME trilogy, you could always get an S bundle for much cheaper.
Thanks man, hopefully this year there won’t be much politickin’, just focus on the vision

I have considered saving a whole lot of money and just getting the S, apparently the 4K player is identical, but one major thing that makes me say no is the color, it’s only available in white entry level and I want it to match my Ps4 pro. The other thing is if I invest in the Xbox going forward, the Xbone X may not only run 360 games better but I might just switch to Xbone X as my main platform for 3rd party games, just to get the most of out of a 4K tv and console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"