The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im still waiting for the "well, iv given the X1 a few weeks, and unfortunately iv gotta return it, again, i just told myself i don't need 2 consoles...."

well, you may be waiting a long while for that then..........:o

Benstamania, don't know if you solved your issue. When I go to settings and then 'Power & startup', there is an option called "On start, go to tv" on the bottom right. Might be worth checking you don't have ticked.

Oh thanks, I was at work all day so I didn't get to mess around with it. I'll check it out after my kids go to bed. Thanks!

so have they said if they will add a proper Avatar Store to the X1?

Avatar stuff is there not sure what you mean by proper. Rare replay gives you all sorts of awards and props, lol.

Spent a couple of hours transferring everything from my hard drive to my external last night. All good to go now. So much space! :woot:

I just added another 3TB that I had hooked up to my WiiU. I barely buy games in the thing, it's mostly my sons and he likes having discs. So 7TB combined should hold me. One for full games and one for smaller games and TV.

Avatar stuff is there not sure what you mean by proper. Rare replay gives you all sorts of awards and props, lol.

well, on the X1 store, there doesn't seem to be a place where you can go to buy all the premium Avatar gear that you could on the 360.

I just added another 3TB that I had hooked up to my WiiU. I barely buy games in the thing, it's mostly my sons and he likes having discs. So 7TB combined should hold me. One for full games and one for smaller games and TV.
Cool splitting it up like that as you'll automatically know what is on which drive.

Are gamer pics ever coming to Xbox One? I miss downloading some cool gamer pic packs based on games and stuff. I'm trying to upload my own photo on the app but guess I can't :(

Are gamer pics ever coming to Xbox One? I miss downloading some cool gamer pic packs based on games and stuff. I'm trying to upload my own photo on the app but guess I can't :(

it would be nice if we could upload custom gamer pics. or at least be able to purchase premium pics from the store.

the current selection is rather meh and goofy.

it would be nice if we could upload custom gamer pics. or at least be able to purchase premium pics from the store.

the current selection is rather meh and goofy.

Hell yea, that's the feature I'm waiting on. Bring back premium pictures. I'm sure it's coming, just a matter of when.

Xbox One 1TB Bundle Gets Discounted to $350, Wii U to $250.August 13, 2015 . 2:00pm

eBay deals delivers $50 off the 1TB Xbox One, Wii U 32GB, and even a PS4 too.

It was only in June of this year that Microsoft released the Xbox One 1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection bundle in North America for $399.99. Inventory must be more than expected at select retailers, because just yesterday antonline began selling 1TB Xbox One Halo Master Chief bundles for $349.99 on their eBay outlet store – the first price drop we’ve seen since launch.

The timing coincides with a strong offering from the Microsoft Store on the same 1TB Master Chief console bundle. Right now the Microsoft Store is charging the full $399 for the Xbox 1TB but also tossing in ~$80 in bonus value with a free copy of Assassin’s Creed: Unity and a 1 year Xbox Live Gold subscription. Arguably the Microsoft bundle is the better deal for those after a copy of AC: Unity.

Beyond the Xbox One consoles, there are tons of other deals, including impressive discounts on Deep Silver titles. Probably the best sale right now is GMG’s Dead Island franchise sale, offering instant discounts of up to 80% off list and a stacking 23% off coupon, making the entire Dead Island Franchise Pack only $4.62 – a new historic low. GamersGate is also throwing its own Deep Silver weekend sale with discounts of up to 80% off other Deep Silver titles like Metro Redux Bundle, priced at only $10.

Finally, also notable is a Wii U console on sale for $249.99 from Best Buy (also via their eBay store) which ties the lowest price ever for a 32GB Deluxe console with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land. The deal was initially at $259 but Best Buy, for whatever reason decided to take another $10 off.

Top Deals

Game deals brought to you by the crew at Dealzon. Disclaimer: sales from certain retailers help support Siliconera.

Read more stories about Wii U & Xbox One on Siliconera.
source: Siliconera

more details in the article it's self

It's all getting better value for people who haven't jumped in yet.

If I were to get another Xbox One, Would I need to copy my saves into a USB drive or are there other ways? I'm just curious in case mine breaks down and I get a replacement or if I eventually get a slim version or whatever comes out later on

If I were to get another Xbox One, Would I need to copy my saves into a USB drive or are there other ways? I'm just curious in case mine breaks down and I get a replacement or if I eventually get a slim version or whatever comes out later on

as far as I know, you can't copy your game saves to a USB drive or external hdd.

besides being on the X1 internal hdd, the game saves are stored in the Cloud and tied to your gamertag/MS account.

so, as long as you log into the new system with the same gamertag/MS account, it should automatically carry over your saves. assuming you haven't deleted your saves from the cloud, of course.

with that being said, I do wish they added the feature of being able to back up your game saves to a USB stick or external hdd.

if nothing else just for the extra peace of mind.

Last edited:
soooo.....one point of contention that's been argued against the X1 is how it is weaker graphic wise to the PS4. y'know, the whole 900p vs 1080p debate.

well, I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for about a week and a half now on my X1.

DAI on X1 is supposed to be 900p vs 1080p on the PS4.

However, I'd be very hard pressed to tell any meaningful, noticeable difference.

DAI looks just as good on my X1 as it did on my PS4.

Indeed, if I didn't know there is a resolution difference between the 2, I would probably say they look the same to me if asked.

The PS3 supposedly had better graphics than the 360, yet when games were put side by side people couldn't notice a difference with them either. Same thing is going on with the Xbox One and PS4. I don't get when Playstation fans brag about the graphics and how it's supposedly superior, if graphics really meant that much to you looks like you would buy a gaming computer rig.

Console parity. Look it up. Even if one system is more powerful than the other, you'll never see a drastic difference between multiplatform games. Games are always going to be developed to be on par, so one console doesn't get the edge over the other.

Instead of comparing the multiplatform games, you should inspect their first party titles.

Console parity. Look it up. Even if one system is more powerful than the other, you'll never see a drastic difference between multiplatform games. Games are always going to be developed to be on par, so one console doesn't get the edge over the other.

Instead of comparing the multiplatform games, you should inspect their first party titles.

this and the PS3 was difficult to program for so most developers just went with the easier system (360) and ported it over as is instead of making improvements with the tech. Games which were developed first on the PS3 and ported over to the 360 (such as FFXIII) without a doubt looked better and thats bc they were made to be optimized for the system

The PS3 supposedly had better graphics than the 360, yet when games were put side by side people couldn't notice a difference with them either. Same thing is going on with the Xbox One and PS4. I don't get when Playstation fans brag about the graphics and how it's supposedly superior, if graphics really meant that much to you looks like you would buy a gaming computer rig.

I just feel like there's been this "myth" that's been perpetuated that the X1 is some god-awful console that sucks with weak graphics while the PS4 is some superior machine.

which unfortunately has clouded people's perception of the X1 and turned them away from the console.

I bought into that perception, too.

both consoles have their pros and cons, and neither is perfect.

but there isn't a vast difference between the two, especially now with all the updates, tweaks, and improvements made to the X1.

it makes me wonder if someone like Spencer had been in charge when the X1 was revealed, and it did not have those disastrous initial policies, the sales landscape might have been much different.

Last edited:
I had a PS4 and now have an X1, Both are awesome although I overall prefer the X1 but yeah I also get a feeling of unfair criticism towards MS/Xbox One compared to other consoles. Finding it very underrated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"