Xbox The Xbox One - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man. I got some interviews coming so let’s see how 2018 goes for me.
Nice. Best of luck for those mate! Just keep plugging away and you will eventually get something for sure.

Btw, what is your gamertag? God willing sooner or later this year I’ll be getting an Xbone and I already made one
BAHAMUT ZERO X

I have considered saving a whole lot of money and just getting the S, apparently the 4K player is identical, but one major thing that makes me say no is the color, it’s only available in white entry level and I want it to match my Ps4 pro. The other thing is if I invest in the Xbox going forward, the Xbone X may not only run 360 games better but I might just switch to Xbone X as my main platform for 3rd party games, just to get the most of out of a 4K tv and console
If you intend on playing 360 titles on it I would definitely recommend the X. It's a dream playing those compared to how some of those were on the 360.

Thanks a lot for those links. Sounds interesting. I can't see that video till I get home, cheers.

sure. no problem.

if RWBY interests you, here's the official Youtube channel to watch all the episodes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM&list=PLUBVPK8x-XMhCW2fW7ZYlD9MHjvmT8IGK

and, here are the original character trailers that got me interested in the series a few years back.

Ruby (Red) Trailer
[YT]pYW2GmHB5xs[/YT]

Weiss (White) Trailer
[YT]Vt9vl8iAN5Q[/YT]

Blake (Black) Trailer
[YT]ImKCt7BD4U4[/YT]

Yang (Yellow) Trailer
[YT]QCw_aAS7vWI[/YT]

edit: and here's the link to the current Volume 5 playlist for RWBY.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thTOWKiNnx4&list=PLUBVPK8x-XMi0g3a-dUp0d9Ly4n8uuP3N

Last edited:
Thanks man. I got some interviews coming so let’s see how 2018 goes for me.

Btw, what is your gamertag? God willing sooner or later this year I’ll be getting an Xbone and I already made one

Thanks man, hopefully this year there won’t be much politickin’, just focus on the vision

I have considered saving a whole lot of money and just getting the S, apparently the 4K player is identical, but one major thing that makes me say no is the color, it’s only available in white entry level and I want it to match my Ps4 pro. The other thing is if I invest in the Xbox going forward, the Xbone X may not only run 360 games better but I might just switch to Xbone X as my main platform for 3rd party games, just to get the most of out of a 4K tv and console

hey, good luck with the interviews. just stay positive.

and yeah, if you want something more future proof, then I'd save up and get the Xbox One X instead of the S. especially since you already got a new 4K OLED tv.

I'll save those for later thanks X-Knight. I've got a few things from you saved up lol, some of which I've since watched.

I'll save those for later thanks X-Knight. I've got a few things from you saved up lol, some of which I've since watched.

sure. hope you enjoy RWBY as much as I have.

when I see those original character trailers again ( Weiss' White trailer was my favorite of the bunch ) and the early episodes, I'm amazed at how much the animation quality improved over the series. Starting with Volume 4, the animation took a whole leap forward.

Is it still ongoing or finished now?

Nice one. Will have to binge it one day. Added to the list :up:

^ and what's nice is that some eps, especially earlier ones, aren't very long. which makes it easier to binge......lol.

That helps on some shows like Breaking Bad where the first season was so short. Gets you into it quick without having to commit to 24 hour long episodes packed with filler!

Cool saved that too. :up:

I'm going to get Atmos speakers now that games are also getting in on the act. As soon as I have the cash for them. I think they will increase immersiveness quite a bit.

^ I imagine they will.

I've toyed with getting some kind of sound bar to boost audio quality, but don't think it's worth the extra expense in my case.

^ I imagine they will.

I've toyed with getting some kind of sound bar to boost audio quality, but don't think it's worth the extra expense in my case.

What have you got sound-wise at the moment? For me it's a huge part of the experience.

just the speakers on my 4K tv.

so, nothing extra.

Having sounds come from front and middle left and right (and moving that way with the action on screen), behind you and now even from above is amazing on games. I spent 20 minutes in the Skyrim Vampire DLC just turning my character's head from left to right and listening to the voice of the speaking character change gradually from one speaker to the other. It's so good in firefights too. Atmos sounds like the next level.

Having sounds come from front and middle left and right (and moving that way with the action on screen), behind you and now even from above is amazing on games. I spent 20 minutes in the Skyrim Vampire DLC just turning my character's head from left to right and listening to the voice of the speaking character change gradually from one speaker to the other. It's so good in firefights too. Atmos sounds like the next level.

that does sound more immersive.

just curious, though, do you game in a large room like a living room or dedicated game/media room? or a smaller room like a bedroom?

I game in a bedroom, so it's a smaller space.

also, with most sound bars, you have to use 2 pieces, the soundbar and a subwoofer. and I don't really have room for a separate subwoofer.

can you recommend any afforable one piece soundbars?

that does sound more immersive.

just curious, though, do you game in a large room like a living room or dedicated game/media room? or a smaller room like a bedroom?

I game in a bedroom, so it's a smaller space.

also, with most sound bars, you have to use 2 pieces, the soundbar and a subwoofer. and I don't really have room for a separate subwoofer.

can you recommend any afforable one piece soundbars?

A bedroom and a big lounge. The sub is for bass. Even just a soundbar would be an improvement if you don't have space for speakers and a sub. I don't know much about specific soundbars, always went with separate speakers. I'm a home cinema enthusiast as a separate hobby and have been obsessed with this stuff since I was as kid.

A bedroom and a big lounge. The sub is for bass. Even just a soundbar would be an improvement if you don't have space for speakers and a sub. I don't know much about specific soundbars, always went with separate speakers. I'm a home cinema enthusiast as a separate hobby and have been obsessed with this stuff since I was as kid.

ah, I see. thanks.

yeah, you are certainly much more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

well, if I can find a good standalone soundbar for a good, affordable price, then I might get one. but it's not really a priority right now.

oh, btw. how quiet does your X run, especially when playing intensive games? how bout during X enhanced games? is the X still fairly quiet when playing those?

I’ll test that tomorrow. I either have the sound system on or headphones so I wouldn’t hear it even if it was loud.

AH nice reminder. Will try now.

ah, I see. thanks.

yeah, you are certainly much more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am.

well, if I can find a good standalone soundbar for a good, affordable price, then I might get one. but it's not really a priority right now.

oh, btw. how quiet does your X run, especially when playing intensive games? how bout during X enhanced games? is the X still fairly quiet when playing those?

I couldn't hear it at all without switching everything off and having zero sound from the game. Even the hard drive which was right next to it drowned the sound out. Quite funny as that's the first time I've ever heard it. I tested it on a full multiplayer match of 4K enhanced Gear 4.

I couldn't hear it at all without switching everything off and having zero sound from the game. Even the hard drive which was right next to it drowned the sound out. Quite funny as that's the first time I've ever heard it. I tested it on a full multiplayer match of 4K enhanced Gear 4.

hey, thanks man.

so, it was essentially whisper quiet (beyond normal noise) even while playing an intense match in 4K enhanced Gear 4? not "jet engine" loud or anything?

I'm asking because my Pro frequently sounds like a "jet engine" when playing some games, even on areas where I wouldn't consider it that resource intensive ( like Create a Wrestler mode in WWE 2K18 ).

and it seems to be getting louder and more frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"