The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
The auto updates/patches is such a great feature, that I'll never turn it off. Plus, if you're away from your house, and you decide to buy a game through your phone or computer, it'll start to DL and install when you're away, so when you get back, it'll be installed.

I think its a great feature. Definitely better than the way the 360 handled it.

that sounds pretty cool!

but wouldn't Instant On use up too much extra power?? or no??

and should I check to have my external storage turn off when I turn off the X1 in Instant On mode?

Instant on just means plugged in and off but ready to turn on as soon as you say Xbox on right?

Oh thanks for that.

EPN.TV's the rundown to be clear as a reminder even though this is some known this is more about the back & forth between them & the Audience on their thoughts about this situation as a way to set them selve's apart from other gamer news out lets.

mqdefault.jpg

[YT]LSU-El7y7Eo[/YT]
66 views 19 hours ago
EP Daily Rundown – August 7, 2015

Today in the Rundown, Vic and Marissa tell us what they think of all Microsoft's announcements from Gamescom.

And here's the full show below

EP Daily Full Show – August 7, 2015

Today on EP Daily, we take a look at some of the biggest announcements from Gamescom in the Rundown;
Marissa finds out what's new in the Warhammer football sequel Blood Bowl 2;
we have reviews of the not-so-heroic new Fantastic four

source: EPN.tv

so, I have a question about Instant On.

if the X1 is turned off while on Instant On mode, does the hdd still keep spinning or does that turn completely off?

if the hdd is still spinning, such as while it checks for and downloads updates, wouldn't that wear out the life of the hdd faster?

so, I have a question about Instant On.

if the X1 is turned off while on Instant On mode, does the hdd still keep spinning or does that turn completely off?

if the hdd is still spinning, such as while it checks for and downloads updates, wouldn't that wear out the life of the hdd faster?

Im not sure, but to put it as easily as I can, the system is designed to be left in the "instant on" state. Just like any other device you have that you don't fully power down every day.

Just like with any other device I have, ill fully power down my console once a week or so, but its primarily left on "Instant On" just for convenience alone.

Im not sure, but to put it as easily as I can, the system is designed to be left in the "instant on" state. Just like any other device you have that you don't fully power down every day.

Just like with any other device I have, ill fully power down my console once a week or so, but its primarily left on "Instant On" just for convenience alone.

ah, ok. thanks.

Ordered my 8TB HDD last week. Can finally download all those things queued up.

So my Xbox goes right to one guide for TV when I turn it on now. I have no idea how it even got there.. And even less of an idea on how to turn it off..

Hahlp!

There is definitely a setting for where it goes to on bootup. I remember changing it to go to TV straight away, before I hooked up the 360 to the HDMI in. Should be an option in your settings somewhere and maybe it's just got stuck on the wrong one.

When I get that Xbox TV Tuner it'll be fine.. But now it's just annoying, lol.

What is that? Don't think I know about it.

I wonder if there is a UK version. And does it plug in to the HDMI In?

Yep, good read.

the more I use the X1 controller, the more I prefer it over the DS4.

I just like the fit and feel of the controller and the buttons, and the battery life is sublime......lol.

My only complaint may be that the thumbsticks feel a bit too "loose" if that makes sense?

indeed, the more I use the X1 console as a whole, the more, dare I say, that I prefer it to the PS4.

yeah. I said it. :o

The battery life is amazing. I hardly ever have to recharge it. Yeah makes sense on the thumbsticks. They're not super-loose like some other controllers but a bit more tightness wouldn't go amiss. The X1 is a good console now having got past all the (deserved) bad initial press. Under Phil Spencer it will just keep improving. I bought my 8TB hard drive as I know I'm in for the long haul now. :woot:

I'm very glad I decided to give the X1 another chance and not listen to all the naysayers and doom and gloomers.

Uh, it seems like you talked yourself out of a Xbox One more than anything from your previous postings.

Uh, it seems like you talked yourself out of a Xbox One more than anything from your previous postings.

Im still waiting for the "well, iv given the X1 a few weeks, and unfortunately iv gotta return it, again, i just told myself i don't need 2 consoles...."

He's achieved a lot in a short space of time taking a disaster-box into something that is already a good console. What can he achieve if he is given a long term shot over 10 years or more?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"