The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly sure which dashboard it is. I assume it's the old since that was what it was when I first hooked up my X1.

^^ that could be it. these consoles can be quite picky if you don't download the latest updates, especially when using online/networking features.
Yep.

Not exactly sure which dashboard it is. I assume it's the old since that was what it was when I first hooked up my X1.

does it look like the Windows 8 tiles? If so, that's the old dashboard, and I don't believe the BC feature is included with that.

Did you purchase and hook up your X1 before November of last year?

Old Dashboard

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites/wpcentral.com/files/styles/larger_wm_blw/public/field/image/2013/10/Xbox%20One%20Dashboard.jpg?itok=Whqnmcf7

The new dashboard was updated in November and includes the BC feature.

http://www.windowscentral.com/sites.../2015/06/xbox-dashboard (2).png?itok=KHrKkq4H

If you're still on the old dashboard, then that could be another reason why your BC games aren't working.

Yep. That's the one I have.

ah, then that's most likely why you can't play the BC games.

you'll have to update to the new Dashboard.

hope it works for you after you update.

QbBUuZ2.jpg

Xbox One

Available for the whole month – Goat Simulator (normally $9.99)
From June 16 to July 15 – The Crew (normally $29.99)

Xbox 360

From June 1 to June 15 – Super Meat Boy (normally $14.99) (plays on Xbox One)
From June 16 to June 30 – XCOM: Enemy Unknown (normally $39.99) (plays on Xbox One)

Larry Hryb @majornelson

XCOM: Enemy Unknown, DuckTales: Remastered & Hexic 2 coming to Xbox One Back Compat today http://mjr.mn/BackCompat
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/735138350143787008

Larry Hryb @majornelson

Also, Magic 2012, Domino Master & Unbound Saga coming to Xbox One Back Compat today http://mjr.mn/BackCompat
https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/735138544696623104

Last edited:
edit: ^ Havok beat me to it.

I'd be interested in a 2TB Slim X1.

however, that interest is kind of dampened if the more powerful Xbox will be released next year.

also, if they have no plans to fix the I/O speed and that means continued longer install/download times, that's not encouraging either.

Last edited:
Unless they cant manufacture enough for a fall release, it seems odd that they would wait till next year to launch the upgraded one. If true, they are going to kill their XB1 sales for this holiday season, which MS really cant afford to do. I mean , I guess they can but its going to hurt the console

^ yeah. why would you buy the Slim model this year when you know a more powerful console will be coming next year?

unless the Slim is at a really attractive price.

but I'd rather make the switch back to MS this year and buy the upgraded console this year, not next.

Also, I don't like the idea of an iterative console upgrade cycle if that means each year they'll release a slightly more powerful console and you have to buy a new console every year, like we do with smartphones.

if it means we can continuously upgrade the console ourselves without having to buy a new one each time, I'd be fine with that.

but not buying a new console every year or every 2 years.

hope Sony doesn't follow suit, either.

If they wanted to release next year and the story is true, then they needed to contain it from leaking.

They arent going to release a more powerful console every year and even if they did, you dont have to upgrade every year, just like you dont have to upgrade every year for a new phone

^ yeah. why would you buy the Slim model this year when you know a more powerful console will be coming next year?

unless the Slim is at a really attractive price.

but I'd rather make the switch back to MS this year and buy the upgraded console this year, not next.

Also, I don't like the idea of an iterative console upgrade cycle if that means each year they'll release a slightly more powerful console and you have to buy a new console every year, like we do with smartphones.

if it means we can continuously upgrade the console ourselves without having to buy a new one each time, I'd be fine with that.

but not buying a new console every year or every 2 years.

hope Sony doesn't follow suit, either.
Yes I guess there could be a big price difference between the 2 to differentiate.

I think it will be the ability to conituously upgrade without any need to do so (till a genuinely new gen simlarly to the Neo rumours).

They arent going to release a more powerful console every year and even if they did, you dont have to upgrade every year, just like you dont have to upgrade every year for a new phone
Yeah, this will probably be good for everyone. Those who don't want to upgrade will benefit from the generation not getting cut short and likely get better value for money from their investment. And those itching for advancement and even a new gen will be kept at bay till the next gen with the option to upgrade to the best available.

That's just the beginning of the supposed leaks. I'm not 100% sure who this guy is, or what his track record is, but according to the posters at NeoGAF he's pretty legit and has a good track record. Of course, treat this as rumor, reposting from the NeoGAF thread:

1. "Xbox Mini is Real"

2. Chromecast style "Super-Streamer" Xbox. (~$99)

3. Second Xbox streaming device (~$150 -> ~$175): a bit bigger than the chromecast-like device but "not an Xbox One crammed into a tiny box". This is more of a replacement for those who would buy 360 as a media box in 2015. He thinks this device will leverage the Windows Store to play "lightweight" games. Things like Hitman: Go rather than Rise of the Tomb Raider.

4. Details get fuzzy at this point for Brad. Does not think MS will go for 4K gaming yet. Thinks the next system will be more of an iterative step.

5. Xbox becoming a platform. MS playing around with bringing the Xbox interface to PC (Redstone 2 related). Think Media Center for games. Speculation: "think further down the road - what if Xbox becomes software?"

6. Microsoft focused on "extensible" systems. It's the "magic" word in Microsoft right now.

7. Brad thinks MS will do something "Big" for the next Xbox in 2017. Thinks the Eurogamer article is "onto something" but thinks they have their wires crossed in some respects. MS doing "crazy" stuff. VR may play a part.

8. MS knows gaming is the "bread-and-butter" for Xbox and will show that at E3 but still want to "attack the living-room" and appeal to cord-cutters. Xbox One is currently too expensive/big for that audience.

9. Updated controller that will look mostly the same. Minor revision.

10. PC gaming big for Microsoft and E3 will reflect that. Look to see MS continue to try and bring Xbox and PC together.

11. Thinks we could see a upgrade (minor) to the current Xbox One but is fuzzy on that.

The thing that doesn't seem super clear is where or not the streaming stick and the mini Xbox are game focused, or if this is MS's way of trying to get into the streaming market that Roku, Amazon and Chromecast are in.

The original video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQnTcwe1t5U

I think it will be too early for 4k gaming on console at a reasonable price. But I'd be ready to buy just for 4k video.

oh, yeah. you don't have to upgrade every year. I don't upgrade every year with my smartphone.

but if you're the kind who wants the "latest and greatest," then you'll feel the pressure to do so.

Yes I guess there could be a big price difference between the 2 to differentiate.

I think it will be the ability to conituously upgrade without any need to do so (till a genuinely new gen simlarly to the Neo rumours).

if the Slim is priced at $200-$250 ( I doubt it with that 2TB hdd, if true ), then I may bite at that price.

if nothing else to get a machine that can play the growing list of BC games ( especially if they announce big names like Skyrim at E3 ) as well as a multi-media, browsing machine which I have need for.

if the Slim is priced at $400, or if it's merely a streaming/digital device, then count me out.

It'll likely launch at $400 this summer and drop to $350 around Christmas season. The current 1TB retails for $400. Why would anyone think that slimming it down and doubling the HDD size would result in a $200 reduction in price?

^^

yeah, I know it's a long shot. that's why I said I doubt that would happen.

especially when you hear about those streaming devices.

I'm just saying that's the price point that would get me interested in the Slim.

I'm not going to pay $350-400 for the Slim, only for the upgraded console to come out next year at around that price presumably.

I mean, they aren't going to launch a new version of a console at $100-150 less than the previous. If anything, it's going to be more expensive. The streaming stuff, if true, isn't going to impact that in any way.

^ the streaming stuff will cater to the lower price range market.

and the Slim will cater to the higher price range.

however, if the new console is coming out next year, the Slim is in a rather tricky spot this year.

I don't mind streaming TV shows and films but I'm not streaming games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"