The Xbox One

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah. I have no desire to stream games, either.

this will definitely be an interesting E3, that's for sure.

Last edited:
and I just reread that IGN article again.

it says MS will release a smaller, cheaper model this year.

so maybe the Slim will be sub $300?

if it's $350 - $400 then it really wouldn't be cheaper than the current models.

Last edited:
so, yet another report is claiming that next year's more powerful "Scorpio" console will be 4x as powerful as the current X1 - and even more powerful than the PS4 Neo!!

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/25/report-new-xbox-4x-as-powerful-as-current-model

If this is indeed true, and I really hope it is, then that begs the question.......why release a Slim model this year?

Why would anyone buy a smaller version of the current model when merely a year later a 4x more powerful console will be released?

That just doesn't seem to make any sense. There's no real incentive to buy a Slim model this year.

Unless......maybe, the Slim model will actually be the first step in the "iterative" console cycle? Perhaps the new Slim model will have a form factor that would allow owners to upgrade it to the capabilities of the Scorpio model when that's released next year?

So, when the Scorpio model comes out next year, new customers could either buy that model or current owners of the Slim would be able to simply upgrade their Slim console without having to buy a whole new console.

idk.

I'm eager to hear more about MS' vision at E3 and how the Slim and Scorpio models fit into that.

Last edited:
I'll be getting it for sure. May even trade in my 2 other X1s for it as I'll have multiple 4k TVs to connect them to when I move house.

I'll be getting it for sure. May even trade in my 2 other X1s for it as I'll have multiple 4k TVs to connect them to when I move house.

get which one?? the Slim or Scorpio??

Scorpio of course!

ah, ok.....lol.

yeah, I'm definitely interested in the Scorpio.

the Slim........I'm not so sure........

I really want to get back on the MS wagon again, just not with the X1 in its current form.

I was hoping to get back on this year, but, I guess it looks like that will happen next year......

Interesting, I came in here to complain about my Xbox.
How it is slow, takes 5+ seconds to go to the home screen after I press the button. A lot of times programs such as you tube crash.

Wanted to complain that I wish MS would put out a new more powerful system and looks like they MIGHT. If it has 4K support even better.

Guess I will have to wait.

I wonder if MS will actually announce the Scorpio model at this year's E3.

or if they will just announce the Slim and TV streaming devices.

Interesting, I came in here to complain about my Xbox.
How it is slow, takes 5+ seconds to go to the home screen after I press the button. A lot of times programs such as you tube crash.

Wanted to complain that I wish MS would put out a new more powerful system and looks like they MIGHT. If it has 4K support even better.

Guess I will have to wait.
I just don't see the point in making a big fuss if it doesn't have at least 4k media support.

And I've noticed that delay in transitioning to the home screen or when trying to turn the console off that wasn't there before.

There's no delays for me but some apps crash at times and the dvr seems to stopped working, Now whenever I take a new screenshot it doesn't let me share it and it doesn't appear in my profile's dvr info :(

^anyone use the Edge browser on the X1?

how does that perform?

Not really. I used it once and it was ok but much more cumbersome than using a phone or tablet.

^ah, thanks.

I used the IE browser on the X1 from time to time and that seemed to work well enough for my needs.

so, as long as the Edge browser is similar to IE on the X1, I think that will be ok for me.

Hm, I didn't know there was now another browser. Very curious if new apps will be announced during MS's conference, I don't know what new app could interest me but just like having more options.

Custom music would of course be great, even if in Xbox Music like PS4's Music Unlimited where it plays music over games.

Of course the gaming aspect is most important to me but I do enjoy console apps and features as well, Downloadable gamer pic packs/dynamic wallpapers/dashboard customization and stuff like that would please me!

Edge is the browser that replaced Internet Explorer in Windows 10, so they've adapted it to Xbox One. Well, I say replace, but I mean is that MS wants it to replace IE, but IE is still a thing, and nobody cares about Edge anyway.

Hm, I didn't know there was now another browser. Very curious if new apps will be announced during MS's conference, I don't know what new app could interest me but just like having more options.

Custom music would of course be great, even if in Xbox Music like PS4's Music Unlimited where it plays music over games.

Of course the gaming aspect is most important to me but I do enjoy console apps and features as well, Downloadable gamer pic packs/dynamic wallpapers/dashboard customization and stuff like that would please me!

opening up Universal Windows Apps to the X1 creates lots of new possibilities for apps on the console.

and that's an advantage the X1 ( and future Xboxes ) has over the PS.

Last edited:
Edge is the browser that replaced Internet Explorer in Windows 10, so they've adapted it to Xbox One. Well, I say replace, but I mean is that MS wants it to replace IE, but IE is still a thing, and nobody cares about Edge anyway.

IE crashes on me everyday, but I still use it cuz I'm so used to it.

I'd like to use Edge but it just feels incomplete and not ready for primetime yet.

Is Oculus Rift expensive? I'm not overly interested at this time but I'd try it sooner or later depending on price.

Is Oculus Rift expensive? I'm not overly interested at this time but I'd try it sooner or later depending on price.

the headset itself is $600 and that doesn't include the cost of a PC rig that's capable of handling it.

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/oculus-ready-pcs/

at that price, and with the costs of those PC rigs, I'm not interested, either.

but, if the Scorpio X1 is Oculus ready, and/or perhaps MS works out a deal with Oculus to bring a cheaper, console friendly headset to market, and that lowers the overall cost, then I might be interested.

Last edited:
the headset itself is $600 and that doesn't include the cost of a PC rig that's capable of handling it.

Thanks. My pc can probably handle it but I probably won't bother trying it out for a while. Would rather upgrade my pc by $600 lol.

Thanks. My pc can probably handle it but I probably won't bother trying it out for a while. Would rather upgrade my pc by $600 lol.

I added a link to my previous post that shows the PC specs recommended for Oculus, as well as links to Oculus ready PCs.

I added a link to my previous post that shows the PC specs recommended for Oculus, as well as links to Oculus ready PCs.

Cool. Mine's way better than that. I'd probably be more likely to use it with Xbox though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"